• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Volleyball

After losing to Weber State 3-2, we came back tonight to Sweep Idaho StateJust goes to show. Weber is considered bottom of the conference, ISU in the upper echelons. Did we take Weber too lightly? Were we embarrassed, losing to them? Looks like it. We can't afford to lose many more.

I thought for sure we'd lose that one! Homer, and all that. We just might win it all. Nique Fradella's playing really good consistent ball. And Hamilton came through at middle blocker, getting better and better. For a change Zielke was in the background; Phillips played well but didn't dominate. This is beginning to look like a well-integrated team. Next up is Northern Colorado, #1 right now. Can we take them on their home grounds? The loss to Weber State is looking more and more like the salutary wake-up we needed. I hope we don't forget it.

Soccer won too. :-)

pdxfan said:
I thought for sure we'd lose that one! Homer, and all that. We just might win it all. Nique Fradella's playing really good consistent ball. And Hamilton came through at middle blocker, getting better and better. For a change Zielke was in the background; Phillips played well but didn't dominate. This is beginning to look like a well-integrated team. Next up is Northern Colorado, #1 right now. Can we take them on their home grounds? The loss to Weber State is looking more and more like the salutary wake-up we needed. I hope we don't forget it.

Soccer won too. :-)

Good weekend for PSU sports! Volleyball, soccer, and football (gasp!) all win!

I couldn't believe that loss to Weber State, and I think it did make them snap out of it. We definitely need to defeat Northern Colorado next weekend!

Hard to say about NC; it's in their house. They had a hard time putting away MSU today at Bozeman, 3-2. Their big hitters, about four of them, are over 6' - a big team. They haven't got a lot of weaknesses. Good luck, women!

Bears Trip Up Vikings In Battle Of First Place Teams
http://www.goviks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?temp_site=NO&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=19300&ATCLID=204814685

Dang it.

Now this is what I like to see!

http://www.goviks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?temp_site=NO&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=19300&ATCLID=204816205

We're in first place in the conference, folks, the only PSU team to get there at this point. Admittedly it's shared with two others, and they look fairly even so far. Those three, UNC, PSU and EWU playing each other will determine who wins conference. For that matter, those three and one other will be in the final tournament! There will be a real battle to see who gets in as the fourth team - they're closely bunched after the top three. Don't hold your breath, but we might see PSU in the NCAA nationals. Football will have to wait until next year. This year it's all volleyball - until basketball starts.

While you all are agonizing over football, the women's volleyball team maintained its first place tie in conference this weekend. Women's soccer moved into undisputed first place alone today. Women's basketball is coming up, and they're expected to place first as well. Three outstanding coaches and teams, Go Viks!

The volleyball standings are exciting! I hope that we win the conference, so we can host the tournament next year. Go Viks!

pdxfan said:
While you all are agonizing over football, the women's volleyball team maintained its first place tie in conference this weekend. Women's soccer moved into undisputed first place alone today. Women's basketball is coming up, and they're expected to place first as well. Three outstanding coaches and teams, Go Viks!

The three teams you mentioned deserve a lot of praise. Those programs are doing exceptionally well considering their limited budgets and lackluster facilities.

REMINDER: Next weekend we play at Montana and Montana State. We don't want to look past these matches - Montana in particular can be tough. But weekend after next is the first big challenge; we play EWU at the Stott. We need a big turnout for that one. Mark your calendars.

People had better show up and be crazy for the EWU game. I can't be there, as I'll be in San Francisco, and I'm really bummed about it! That and the NCU game are major and we need to win both!

So, as predicted, did EWU and UNC. Still tied. It's going to come down to those home games. By the way, women's soccer won the conference outright today; we sponsor the tournament.

ash_sk8s said:
Volleyball wins tonight at Montana 3-0

Keep it going Viks!

Vojnovic, Steady Offense Lead Viks To Sweep At Montana

http://www.goviks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?temp_site=NO&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=19300&ATCLID=204824356

I would just like to say that I think it's crap that our cheerleaders don't go to volleyball games. They do at every other school! They did when I went to UO, and everytime I watch a BSC game online, guess what? They other team's cheerleaders are there.

Sorry for the rant. :)

We did to MSU what we're supposed to do (no more Weber States :-)). The big matches are coming up - EWU and UNC. If we sweep those it'll be spectacular. We won't just go the the NCAAs - it would indicate that we might win one or two there.

By the way - if we had the money we'd cetainly send the PSU cheerleaders to away games. But we're not like OSU and others running a perennial 2 million $ deficit. As it is, we barely break even. A minimum of five plane tickets for the cheerleaders is five tickets for recruiting. Which do you choose?

pdxfan said:
By the way - if we had the money we'd cetainly send the PSU cheerleaders to away games. But we're not like OSU and others running a perennial 2 million $ deficit. As it is, we barely break even. A minimum of five plane tickets for the cheerleaders is five tickets for recruiting. Which do you choose?

Oh no, I simply meant home games.

Latest posts

Back