• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Watching the OU game now and I want to.........

biobengal said:
thank the AD for making my alma mater look like $hit.

LMAO. Too funny. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's all about the benjamins. You'd think they could've negotiated a $750K or a cool $1M? Why only $550K. If you're gonna get thumped, might as well get paid more for it. Didn't MSU Bobcats get a guarantee of $650K for losing to MSU Spartans?

Hang myself? Kill small animals for sport? Detonate small nuclear warheads in Suburban America? All of the above?

I am sad about the lopsided loss. I am happy about the fat check. Go Bengals. And Super, I just wanted to offer you a big Fight On! on behalf of all Trojan fans.

Well at least USC beat Ohio State last night. That was a positive! I hope superfan didn't maim himself over that one! :)
I hope there's some interest left in ISU football by the time they open at home in two weeks. Weber has played Wyoming and CSU very well and will be licking their chops for next week.
Lopsided losses were not unexpected but I sure hope that the paychecks from these two games offset the rest of the season's empty seats.

Continue to support my team. As much as i would have love to see what literally would have been the greatest upset in college football history, i know football. What i know is that OU is Was ranked 3rd in the nation last week, and ended their 2009 season 2nd to some school on the east coast called the florida gators. Unfortunitly i wasnt able to see the game but i recieved a call in the first quarter about the idaho state bengals defense holding the, "coaches poll top 25", "AP top 25" and most likely BCS top 25 ranked Oklahoma Sooners to a five play goal line stand!!!!!! can you say "DEFENSE" WOW and last week the D held Pac 10 ASU to less than 25% of all third downs. im really excited for confrence play.. either way, win or lose ill be there! i guess thats what real fans do?

If we were a BCS team I might think we are in trouble, but let's hold some judgment until we stop playing teams vying for BCS bowls, shall we? Don't start taking cyanide just yet folks....

ISUSID

isusid said:
If we were a BCS team I might think we are in trouble, but let's hold some judgment until we stop playing teams vying for BCS bowls, shall we? Don't start taking cyanide just yet folks....

ISUSID

Agreed....this next game however, will tell us a lot about our chances in Big Sky play.

For anyone who thinks we shouldn't have played OU...this is a post I made on the Idaho State Journal blog in reference to someone who called ISU's administrators "money-hungry/"do-anything"...

"I’m confused by the “money-hungry” comment. This game was rejected once by ISU, until after the state announced more higher ed funding cuts last November. It was only then, that after already going through substantial budget cuts in athletics (which affected personnel and services available in the department) the year before, that athletics either had to re-consider the offer from OU…or cut back even more on staff and services available in athletics…all across the board. It would have meant fewer coaches, trainers, and support staff all the way across the department had the money game not been accepted. Oh wait…I forgot…they should have just gone to the “fans” who didn’t want them to play OU and asked THEM to ante up the extra money needed to keep athletics afloat. That would have solved everything. My bad."

Sometimes...you do what you have to do to get by...and in light of more budget cuts, another big-money game became a necessity in order to stay functional.

As for those who think we stunk it up...our offense continued to struggle. But again, we were playing the team that played in the National Championship game last year, and was ranked #3 last week. The Bengals competed in so many different ways...and I'll bet if you ask any of the guys that played if they would trade that experience away...the answer would be a big, loud NO.

I hated the idea of seeing ISU get smoked in its first two games of the season. However, as time passed after the announcement that ISU would be playing OU too, I understand that it was economically necessary.

So, with those expectations I chose to focus on the positives of the two games. To be honest, I saw more than one or two. The defensive line looks sooooooo much better and the safeties and the defensive backs looked way improved. I can only imagine how strong the DB's would be if Miller and Visor were a part of the unit, but man they played well. Holmesly is quite the enforcer back there. Pleasant is the real deal and Dustin Tew has been a stud. Even on the TD that he gave up, he had perfect coverage. AJ Storms is everything that everybody has said he would be. People fail to realize that from a yardage standpoint, ISU's defense was better against two FBS teams than they were as a unit all of last year. I saw a ton of positives on the defensive side of the ball.

I also saw Blum come in and play much better than last week and that was encouraging.

I do have concerns at MLB and I really wonder what ISU will do at WR if Burel is out for an extended amount of time. I also wonder if the offensive line is missing Orthman as a coach and I do not mean that as negative against Havens at all.

I fully expect ISU will get beat by Weber, but I expect the game to be very competitive. IF ISU can keep from getting dominated physically by Weber State, the next 3 or 4 games could be interesting. I want to see improvement and I want to see the gap between ISU and the rest of the conference begin to close rapidly. I hope that there is a good chance that it will.

Go Bengals!

Sorry... I disagree 100%. The way I see it... these games are a knee-jerk reaction to troubled economic times. Suck it up... every other department on campus has challenges; my home department lost 30+ adjunct professors.

IMO, these early losses will remain long after the money is spent.

One other thing, ISU needs to identify its play makers.

In the past, ISU could score or at least move the ball against FBS teams by going to their playmakers..... true FBS players at this level. I'm thinking of kids like Thompson and others.

Poctato? Notabengalalum? I have two words and two words only:

Shove it

Other than that, we can finally start focusing on the conference. About time! Hopefully we can settle down and start owning the conference and becoming the Imperial Germany (pre-WWI) of 1-AA

As a football player two things keep you going through the season. One is your ego, (the belief that you are better then you really are) and the other is confidence (confidence in yourself and the guys you line up with). After these two games I would be surprised if any of our guys have any left. Regardless of the level we played at, most of the guys feel like they have a chance at a higher level, or at least could compete. Hell some of them probably thought they belong on a D1A (non-sub-division) squad. After these two games, the ugly truth has hit home for them. The ego has been deflated. Confidence in their own ability and the guy next to them is shoot. Everybody knew we would get a beating, but not that bad. We never crossed the 49-yard line on Saturday. They faced more competition from their practice squads. This weekend is big. Weber is coming off two very competitive games with Wyoming and Colorado State, and will be looking to put a beat down on us. Blow out at Weber could be the writing on the wall and the end of Mr. Z and his staff.

Didn't ISU get beat bad by Boise St a few years back like 62-0 and we didn't cross the 50yd. line. I think we went 8-3 or 8-4 that year. I want to see us against a BSC team now. The proof will be in the puddin

Blow out at Weber could be the writing on the wall and the end of Mr. Z and his staff.

And...so......what if it's not a "blow-out at Weber"?

I just don't understand why some people are so eager to blow out a football coach after 2 or 3 years, when ANYONE who knows about re-building a FOOTBALL team from the ground up knows it generally takes 3-to-4 years to start seeing the results (in terms of solid, winning seasons)...unless you do it going the J-C route? Football is not remotely like basketball, where you can turn a team around in a year or two by getting 3 or 4 J-C kids.

Understand this....I have high expectations, as should everybody else. I will not lower them to suit situations and excuses, which is probably the same stuff Z tells the players. In the "real" world you don’t get 2 to 3 years to show improvement. Why the special treatment? Hell he makes over a 100,000 a year, shouldn’t we demand better? How about salary based on performance? I am tired of loosing. Other programs find ways to at least be competitive every year. Why can’t we?

Latest posts

Back