• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Will EWU Football win 6 games or more in 2024?

HeavyIsTheCrown

2024 Football Schedule​

DateTimeAtOpponentLocationTVRadioResult
August 29, 2024 (Thursday)TBAHomeMonmouth UniversityCheney, Wash. / Roos Field
September 7, 2024 (Saturday)TBAHomeDrakeCheney, Wash. / Roos Field
September 14, 2024 (Saturday)TBAAwaySoutheastern LouisianaHammond, La.
September 21, 2024 (Saturday)TBAAwayNevadaReno, Nev.
September 28, 2024 (Saturday)TBAHomeMontanaCheney, Wash. / Roos Field
October 12, 2024 (Saturday)TBAAwaySacramento StateSacramento, Calif.
October 19, 2024 (Saturday)TBAHomeUC DavisCheney, Wash. / Roos Field
October 26, 2024 (Saturday)TBAAwayIdahoMoscow, Idaho
November 2, 2024 (Saturday)TBAHomeMontana StateCheney, Wash. / Roos Field
November 9, 2024 (Saturday)TBAAwayNorthern ColoradoGreeley, Colo.
November 16, 2024 (Saturday)TBAHomeIdaho StateCheney, Wash. / Roos Field
November 23, 2024 (Saturday)TBAAwayNorthern ArizonaFlagstaff, Ariz.

Copyright © 2024 Eastern Washington University Athletics

5-7 and out of playoff contention by Halloween, I am not sold on the depth chart. 12 game schedules tests your depth in general, EWU is going to be especially battle-tested between September 12 and November 2nd. An FBS school and 4 FCS playoff teams in that short stretch is really tough. The game in Louisianna could be challenging because of temp and humidity, EWU should win this game but they will probably need to rotate players more often. EWU should be favored in the last three games but injuries could be a major factor.

So there's a break after 5th game vs 9/28 UM till SS on 10/12 that will help with 12 game season. As Kuttaak said basically long season and depth chart (with what seems is an injury laden team) will speak volumes...good or bad. Two tough seasons going 4-7 and 3-8 gotta stop! With portal and transfers going in/out which can turn a team around or if not used with creative skill can easily hurt, especially with good players leaving. With that said hard to figure out what we have compared to other BSC teams....I got no idea! Have to say we will be better (lost some close games we should have won) because it feels like Best & Co. used the portal and transfers after what I feel were a weak-ass two years using that skill while other BSC teams were working it. 6-6 a realistic prediction but we need to make playoffs and not sure why but have a feeling Eric Sanders as D Coord. there will be a big improvement. We need 7 wins so going with 7-5.
*Don't think D can get any worse.

Having you guys off a bye @ Sac State scares me! I'll take you guys with 7-5 record, 7 D1 wins, one over ranked team (SAC), bubble team.

I have no idea what to expect. The roster seems too good to not have positive results but the play calling the last two years has me concerned. I don't want to see the 3 QB rotation, especially if QB2 and QB3 can just be assumed to be running the ball every time they come into the game. Let KV loose! Use the weapons you have at WR and light up the scoreboard.

Have to see major defensive improvement in order to have a shot at the playoffs. It's AB's final year on his contract (I think) which means another losing season would not bode well for his future. I hope it doesn't come to that.

v. Monmouth - W
v. Drake - W
@ SELA - Toss up
@ Nevada - L
v. Montana - L
@ Sac State - Toss Up
v. UC Davis - Toss Up
@ Idaho - L
v. Montana State - L
@ Northern Colorado - W
v. Idaho State - W
@ NAU - W

If they open up the playbook and improve on D = 8-4
With last years D and predictable offense = 5-7

Talked to a few ex-players from way back asking if I knew the new Defensive Coordinator Eric Sanders. Here is his bio:
Previous Coaching Experience
  • Inside Linebackers Coach at Stanford University (2020-22)
    • Coached the team's top two tacklers Curtis Robinson and Levani Damuni. Robinson earned Honorable Mention All-Pac-12 honors.
  • Defensive Assistant at New York Jets (2019)
  • Defensive Quality Control at Cleveland Browns (2016-18)
    • Coached linebackers and nickelbacks
  • Defensive Assistant at Stanford University (2015)
    • Worked primarily with defensive linemen
    • Coached future NFL players Harrions Phillips, Brennan Scarlett and Solomon Thomas
  • Quality Control at Oakland Raiders (2010-14)
    • Focused on defensive linemen and linebackers. Also worked with tight ends.
  • Linebackers Coach at UC Davis (2008-09)
  • Graduate Assistant at Utah State (2007)
Looks good to me! The players asked why would he come to EWU for 50k or whatever they get paid now days. Maybe AD Tim Collins told him Best is on final year of contract, so if things___________. I think Collins will be good for EWU (till he moves up).
*Just messing around.

Last edited:
This could be the first time I’ve seen EWUFB playing both Montana and Montana State at home on the Inferno. That could help Eastern go .500 against the two. Starting off with two home games is great, EWU needs to start off 2-0, actually 3-0 even with the SLU game being played in Louisiana.
Lastly, Eastern must win those last three Big Sky Conference games @Northern Colorado, Idaho State @Roos Field and @NAU in Flagstaff. This is my best case scenario, 7-5.

Latest posts

Back