• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Zamberlin at WSU

ajwildcat

http://www.weberstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?temp_site=NO&DB_OEM_ID=8600&ATCLID=205242577" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I don't know much about him but hopefully he can add to the Wildcats Coaching staff.

ajwildcat said:
http://www.weberstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?temp_site=NO&DB_OEM_ID=8600&ATCLID=205242577
I don't know much about him but hopefully he can add to the Wildcats Coaching staff.

Wicked strange. In the article Z's time at ISU is described in just 13 words.

So, ss ISU off the hook for part of his salary?

What's he getting paid down there? If it's a volunteer thing, then ISU is still footing the bill.

I heard Whitworth bailed on Montana Western with less than a month before the season starts to take a job at Zamberlin's former school, Central Washington.

I would estimate between 30-35k. Complete estimate. If that is the case it needs to go back into FOOTBALL and FOOTBALL only. Not hoops, not soccer,volleyball or anything else other than FOOTBALL! Now Superfan is going to come after me for not "Spreading the Wealth" :lmao:

letuknow said:
I would estimate between 30-35k. Complete estimate. If that is the case it needs to go back into FOOTBALL and FOOTBALL only. Not hoops, not soccer,volleyball or anything else other than FOOTBALL! Now Superfan is going to come after me for not "Spreading the Wealth" :lmao:

In this case yes, sinking the leftovers of the Zamberlin salary into football is fine and justified because it was football specific (as it was a football coach's...money games are different because they are scheduled to bring the entire department money to offset any costs by the entire department. Be sure you read that carefully.). My ax to grind is against those who think ALL athletic department revenue is football money and football only.

Nice try though :coffee:

If ISU let Z go with a yr left on a contract most likely ISu is paying Z to coach at Weber. Is this also the reason OB was retained? Paying 4 head coaches at once is not feasible.

John is not shown on the Weber web site under the coaches' bios. Interestingly, former Bengal QB Brian Zeches is coaching RBs for the Wildcats, however:

http://www.weberstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=39321&SPID=3468&temp_site=NO&DB_OEM_ID=8600&ATCLID=204974791&Q_SEASON=2011" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fact is wether everyone here thinks he was a good head coach or not WSU got a good coach for there staff. And if they can get him for free while its biggest conference rival pays him six figures why not. Coach Z was not a bad coach, just like he said, he couldn't bring a knife to a gunfight. Didn't have the turf, traveled by bus, ect. now not blaming sides, but Z will help that program this year.

Is that a fact E5? Fact is, you've got no idea what your talking about.. Despite the lack of perks to the program, Z was a novice in many different aspects of D1 coaching. Glad to have a proven winner here!

Wow tuff. been a member for two days and 3 post later I already have been told that I don't know (and have no idea) what I'm talking about. You must pretty high up. Just my opinion as a fan and member of the community. Great thing with these are we don't know who were talking to. Some of us may not not know, some of us may....just an opinion. We can't have a honest discussion about a College football coach's abilities and not look at there "lack of perks". Those are the things that make programs great along with coaches. In my opinion you can't have one without the other.

E5Bengal said:
Wow tuff. been a member for two days and 3 post later I already have been told that I don't know (and have no idea) what I'm talking about.

Well, it's what you're doing with those 3 posts that matters. Making excuses for Z's performance? Few people will agree with these posts, me included. Z won a total of 6 games in 4 years; Z's immediate predcessor won an average of 5 games a year. Z also lost to Central Washington and a transitioning North Dakota. :thumbdown:

Z was given a fair shake, he didn't get it done and many here still wish he had. That's all there is to it.

Fair shake? So Z was given everything his predcessor had. Friday night hotel rooms at Ramada? Private Air Charter? Football office Secretary? Did he win, nope. Does it fall on him, yep. As coaches and administration it always falls on them. I'm just saying that a fair shake is giving him the same or more that the privious coach recieved. Kramer is getting a fair shake. New turf, more flights instead of busses. These things all play in. Recruiting is just looked at by wins and losses I would have to assume. I would think that Kids look at that stuff too. Haven't road on a bus for 11 hours but don't think that would get me in the mindframe to win a road game.

Somebody comes into your office, gets rid of the secretary, cuts your staff and budget and then says "do a better job than you did last year". Better be a hell of a worker/coach

E5Bengal said:
Fair shake? So Z was given everything his predcessor had. Friday night hotel rooms at Ramada? Private Air Charter? Football office Secretary? Did he win, nope. Does it fall on him, yep. As coaches and administration it always falls on them. I'm just saying that a fair shake is giving him the same or more that the privious coach recieved. Kramer is getting a fair shake. New turf, more flights instead of busses. These things all play in. Recruiting is just looked at by wins and losses I would have to assume. I would think that Kids look at that stuff too. Haven't road on a bus for 11 hours but don't think that would get me in the mindframe to win a road game.

Somebody comes into your office, gets rid of the secretary, cuts your staff and budget and then says "do a better job than you did last year". Better be a hell of a worker/coach

A few things just don't jive with your Z failed because of the budget. 1) Dood, he lost to CWU. How do you explain that one? 2) Many BSC athletic budgets were trimmed during the recent financial turmoil... that, my friend, is a fact. 3) Someone posted on this board that about 4-5 players remain from his first recruiting class. How do you explain that one? 4) ISU's academic reputation was tarnished; ISU is now one of the very few programs to be banned from the post season. IMO, that should get anyone canned!

He failed, get over it. We've all moved on, you should too. Hey, we all liked Z too, he just didn't get it done.

tigerblood said:
The most interesting part of this article is that Weber has a NFL Liason. Who holds that position at ISU?

Let me guess. Kelvin and Kole will be deprived of an NFL career BECAUSE ISU may not have an NFL Liaison???

Latest posts

Back