Knipp playing baseball (and football?) at UNC and other musings

We can't play football but we get good grades.
Beardown

Knipp playing baseball (and football?) at UNC and other musings

Post by Beardown » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:39 pm

Jacob Knipp is playing baseball for the Bears and I think still might be trying to get his 6th year eligibility. I don't know what his chances are for this, but the guy is just not healthy and I doubt our offensive line will be able to protect him. It might also be best to just move on and give the snaps to Mott or Warren.

Also, coaches update: Boyer landed a job at Oregon State. We have hired a coach to work with the safeties from West Texas A and M (A very good D2 program), and he used to play at CSU. Jeremy Hayden is leaving the staff to take over Northridge High School as head coach.

Spring ball starts in about a month, I think...

Blofeld

Re: Knipp playing baseball (and football?) at UNC and other musings

Post by Blofeld » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:35 pm

He's done OK but time to move on... this is the guy they played in front of Sloter...

BearDown18

Re: Knipp playing baseball (and football?) at UNC and other musings

Post by BearDown18 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:35 pm

Knipp will be back with the team this fall and has been granted an additional year of eligibility. Who knows who will be the starter with new OC but I think Knipp makes us better with QB's on roster right now.

Correct - we hired a safeties coach and Woody Blevins will coach corners. Collins will go back to not being responsible for a position group.