• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Roos Field Renovation

NickEag

After the ref turf and video scoreboard (phase 1) are put in what is next for phase 2? I would like to see the concession stand fixed up along with the vistors restrooms.

So the video board is official then? Sweet. Were there any plans to replace those temp endzone bleachers with the rest of the upgrades like they did with the new press box? Don't know about visitors bathrooms... Outhouses should be good enough :mrgreen:

Doing something about those visitors stands I'd hope is the next big thing. Seems like theres some buzz with the program right now and between the red turf, and a good season (hopefully!) what better way to capitalize on it and push for some more major upgrades the next off-season.

Better concessions, bathrooms and whatnot would be great - but the most glaring deficiency when you look at Woodward is the visitor's side. That should be priority #1, IMO. It doesn't even have to be anything massive, just a concrete structure that runs the length of the field equal to the home side, that could be added on to in height in the future. What we've got going on at the moment is Busch and the biggest thing you notice when you walk in. That, along with the new field turf and video board would be HUGE for recruiting and overall game day experience. Hopefully we'll see it some time in the next 5-10 years. Maybe after we get some more big-time names in the NFL. :)

ewunerd said:
So the video board is official then? Sweet. Were there any plans to replace those temp endzone bleachers with the rest of the upgrades like they did with the new press box?

I think the university still needs to secure funding for the video board but it'll happen once they have. Doubt it will be this coming season. I like the end zone seats, what's wrong with them?

Eagle_Power said:
I think the university still needs to secure funding for the video board but it'll happen once they have. Doubt it will be this coming season. I like the end zone seats, what's wrong with them?

Hmmm... Hope they get the funding soon then. I have nothing wrong with the endzone seating they installed a few years ago - I was referring to the ones they have at the current score board.

I personally would like to see them relocate the track and move the field over toward the home grandstands but that I doubt will never happen. The visitor side bleachers are so high school and look like nothing you would find at a division 1 football facility. The extra bleachers they bring in for the Montana game are even worse and make us look very low budget. I am glad that finally something is happening but it has been a long time coming so there are so many things that need to be done that this process will take years even in a good economy especially when it has to fundraised and not allocated by the university administration. Go Eagles!!!

This has been my pet-peave with Eastern for almost a decade now. Th new turf is great, and it gives us some buzz behind our program. A video board seems like it should be back-burnered though until we get some permanent grandstands on the visitor side. That should be objective #1 for any Woodward/Roos upgrades. Any first-timer coming to our stadium will leave thinking this is a low-rent program until this glaring defeciency is resolved.

LDopaPDX said:
This has been my pet-peave with Eastern for almost a decade now. Th new turf is great, and it gives us some buzz behind our program. A video board seems like it should be back-burnered though until we get some permanent grandstands on the visitor side. That should be objective #1 for any Woodward/Roos upgrades. Any first-timer coming to our stadium will leave thinking this is a low-rent program until this glaring defeciency is resolved.

Good to see ya Dopa. And, as always - agreed.

Well, Ranger, you couldn't find a topic more near and dear to my heart than this ratty old Woodward Stadium. It really doesn't need a LOT of work... video boards and the like aren't major needs so far as I'm concerned. We just need to come in and build a low-rise grandstand to add anywhere from 4-6,000 new seats in a block arrnagement. This isn't high-level architecture required, just basic stadium building. Everything else with the stadium--- press box, end zone seating, new turf--- is great. My guess, having a rudimentary understanding of building costs, is about $2m to add the seats in the most basic of structures and up to $5m to build something ornate.

In a perfect world, I wish we'd have considered the *right* way to build and finish the project before we ever built the new press box. At the time, it wouldn't have cost a ot more to build a covered stadium, which would have been HUGE in our climate for keeping fans in a happy environment. With the press box already installed, covering that side of the stadium would be nearly impossible at his point because it would require installing a truss to carry the load of the cover above the press box.

Partially covered seating would be nice, especially someplace like Cheney where the weather gets so inclement.

Get the material and the engineering and I will donate the labor to cover this thing !!! Lets get something done, those fall afternoons with the 30 mile an hour winds keeps even the hardiest of fans at home ! Build it and they will come !!! GO EAGS !!!!

Pop-Keeney is a really small stadium, but I love the covered grand-stand ala Husky Stadium (just on a much smaller scale). Something like this would be a great idea for any furture expansion plans for Roos Field. Just imagine, a new covered permanent grand-stand on the visitors side, and an added cover to the existing home side. How sweet would that be?

those are nice stands, while i do like the covers, it's probably not quite as necessary in Cheney just because if some participation is coming down on the field, it's probably coming down as snow, not rain like on the west side.

LOL!! Saw that last night, too. Figured he'd had a long day in the sun with a few suds. I didn't want to bash a guy who just wanted to precipitate in the forum... :D

Latest posts

Back