• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Roos Field Renovation

I'm really glad this forum is starting to pick up a lot more with season drawing nearer. Funny that this site is actually to the point where we can give one another a ribbing and it's no big deal.

ouch, in my face:) I blame spell check. Better than the CEO of my company that sent out a memo yesterday introducing our new SVP in charge of pubic affairs:)

Don't worry EdubAlum, I blame the spell check on my labtop numerous times :lol: Hell, with my virgin Island accent people stilll have problems understanding what the hell I am saying at times, my daughter is normally there to translate. :lol:

Hope you and your wife have a beautiful daughter in September, hope they are both healthy, and be proud of them both. My birthday will be Sept. 9, my son, Sept. 25, my Grandson Sept. 28, she will be in with good people. :D Good Luck, especially to your wife. I have seven,children, 12 Grand, 3 Great Grand Chrildren, and very proud of everyone.

Check out the Web Cam, the logos are in and is presently being placed on the field. I will be heading that way in another hour for my normal seat to observe, and then to football Practice. On the Press Box "Roos Field" will be in lights in the grey portion. Probarbly like Reese Court. Bye for now. Go Eagles!!! Vic Wallace

Vic E. Wallace said:
Don't worry EdubAlum, I blame the spell check on my labtop numerous times :lol: Hell, with my virgin Island accent people stilll have problems understanding what the hell I am saying at times, my daughter is normally there to translate. :lol:

Hope you and your wife have a beautiful daughter in September, hope they are both healthy, and be proud of them both. My birthday will be Sept. 9, my son, Sept. 25, my Grandson Sept. 28, she will be in with good people. :D Good Luck, especially to your wife. I have seven,children, 12 Grand, 3 Great Grand Chrildren, and very proud of everyone.

Check out the Web Cam, the logos are in and is presently being placed on the field. I will be heading that way in another hour for my normal seat to observe, and then to football Practice. On the Press Box "Roos Field" will be in lights in the grey portion. Probarbly like Reese Court. Bye for now. Go Eagles!!! Vic Wallace

thanks for the kind words! (and dang you have a lot of Eaglets!) I can't wait to see that logo on the field completely.

EdubAlum said:
ouch, in my face:) I blame spell check. Better than the CEO of my company that sent out a memo yesterday introducing our new SVP in charge of pubic affairs:)

Oh my God... that is friggin' funny. Can you imagine the crap you'd take on something like that? I work for a "respectable Southern company" and that would create a firestorm!

EdubAlum said:
Vic E. Wallace said:

thanks for the kind words! (and dang you have a lot of Eaglets!) I can't wait to see that logo on the field completely.

It's out on the field in it's spot right now.

I went out today, Turf looks beautiful. "Eastern" on the North end of the field, letters were cut out and inserted into the turf. Eagle looks great. "Roos Field" is on the North West corner of the field, and on the South East Corner is also "Roos Field,"Big Sky" is located on the field. On the South End "Washington"
is in place waiting for installation. End Zones will be "Eastern Washington"

Press Box "Roos Field" will be in lights in the grey area.. Attended practice a little late today, was involved in checking out the installation of the Turf, I forgot of the practice. Practice terminated a little early, due to the scrimmage tomorrow at about 3pm. I noticed the new Freshman #81 John Goldwire LB, he impressed me, and will be a great addition to the team. Someone mentioined that our Defense will have trouble against Nevada, I don' feel that way, our OL/DF will take care of themselves. Bo Levi is looking great at the QB positiion, however, anyone of those men can fill in should something goes wrong.

#48, Grant Williams LB, have put some muscles on, and he is very fast on his feet, covering his position. I am very much impressed with #90, David Gaylord, DL. It seems the athlete that wore that number turnes out to be an outstanding DL for us, Gaylord is on his way.

The OL are looking mean as hell, they are really giving it to the defense, and defense is doing same in return. Jeff Minnerly may look small, but he hits like hell, I hurts me when he hit someone. :lol: It have been very hot the past three days. I think I mentioned it before, we have some speed on the the club, Mario Brown,Trenton Pinson, Ronny Baines, T.J. Lee, and of course #22 Tiwan Jones, Cory Mitchell, and others. I feel bad when I mention some names, and I know there are many more that should be mentioned. Hope some of you can make it to the Scrimmage. Eo Eagles!!! Vic Wallace

EdubAlum said:
http://www.vancouversun.com/Photos+Ever+seen+football+field+will+soon/3410503/story.html?tab=PHOT

Damn, I clicked on the link but they must have taken the article down already. What did it say?

Eagle_Power said:
EdubAlum said:
http://www.vancouversun.com/Photos+Ever+seen+football+field+will+soon/3410503/story.html?tab=PHOT

Damn, I clicked on the link but they must have taken the article down already. What did it say?

There was no article, just photos of the field taken by Medical Lake/Reuters photographer Jeff Green.

Screaming_Eagle 174,
Nice seeing you at the scrimmage yesterday. Our team looks good, we need to jell a little more in some areas. Our Defense was hell in the Red Zone. I am impressed with our QB the quick release by the QB's. How about that Freshman Mario Brown, RB, it is amazing how he stops on a dime and change directions.

Spent three hours today watching the crew put down the Crushed Rubber Particles into the Turf. It is amazing how they are getting the job done ahead of time. If you are interested, the Crew will be working under the lights on Friday, we will be there observing.

While my daughter and myself were there observing the installation of the Crushed Rubber, Bo and his brother Cory Mitchell, Renard Williams, Evan Cook, Jakob Scott, and Spencer Hessler came up and observed the Turf, they are very much impressed with what they have seen, theysaid they love it a nd can't wait to get on it. Might be able to practice on the Turf soon. Next Scrimmage is August 25, might be able to have the scrimmage on it

Spoke with one of the Coaches today he said Jeff Minnerly had a little knick, and should be ready very soon. Those fill in Safeties did an ok job filling in. We are going to have some outstanding RB, T. Jones, Chase King, Darrell Beaumonte, Mario Brown, T.J.Lee. I don't know which will be Red Shirt, they will be a great addition to our team. Darrell Beaumonte, is going to be a very hard runner. He looked great yesterday also.

Must go get some shut eye, so I can be there for the work under the lights tomorrow evening. Ge Eags!!!!. Vic

Good seeing you and Kris as well, Vic.

It was good to see all the young backs playing in the scrimmage. Beaumonte is a beast, and compliment's TJ's speed/finesse running well. He should be getting a lot more playing time this season. Mario Brown is showing a lot of good things early, I'd be surprised if he wasn't redshirted so we can hold on to him for another year after TJ is gone.

Our line is definitely bigger and nastier than last year, but did get beat a fair amount on Wed. Although I also think it speaks to our D-line as we have a fair amount of depth there. Can't wait until we can take it out on another team instead of ourselves. :D

Screamin_Eagle174 said:
Good seeing you and Kris as well, Vic.

It was good to see all the young backs playing in the scrimmage. Beaumonte is a beast, and compliment's TJ's speed/finesse running well. He should be getting a lot more playing time this season. Mario Brown is showing a lot of good things early, I'd be surprised if he wasn't redshirted so we can hold on to him for another year after TJ is gone.

Our line is definitely bigger and nastier than last year, but did get beat a fair amount on Wed. Although I also think it speaks to our D-line as we have a fair amount of depth there. Can't wait until we can take it out on another team instead of ourselves. :D
Yes sir guys ! Gotta remember the O-line is going up against an awesome D-line, that should toughen them up for the real deal !!! They are underated and will prove themselves worthy this year, They are better atheletes across the board and there is more more depth there than last year !! THEY WILL SURPRISE GO EAGS !!!

Just got back home from the Turf Renovation. It looks great at night. From 7:30pm to 10 pm. Most of the players and Coaches were there looking at what is going after their films. Everyone is pleased with the Red Turf, they might be practicing on it Tuesday, and scrimmage on Wednesday.

Reference Mario Brown, he will not be Red Shirted, I am happy for him, he has so much talent. Tonight we had about 100 people c

ame up to see the turf, it looks beautiful lit up. The workers will work until midnight.

I will be going out tomorrow. Volleyball Scrimmage at 1pm, against Alums, an to my regular spot if the Turf Crew is working, then to Football Practice. No fishing this weekend. Got to go. Go Eags!!! Vic

I took a look at the field under the lights via the cam and it did look spectacular. Having seen it in person, I know that the webcam doesn't give a true representation of the color so I am truly looking forward to seeing a late afternoon start time game like Montana. Thanks for keeping us updated, Vic.

You will be much impressed once you see the Turf, in person. I spent time observing the Turf, even if the crew is not working. As I have said before, I feel like a "Big Kid" in the Candy Store.:) They worked a little today, getting some of the crushed rubber into the Turf.

I am positive we will be practicing on the Turf Tuesday, and scrimmage on the 25th. For all of our worried fans, The Johnson Brothers are practicing, however, the Coaches donot want to have them work any harder, worries the injuries may reoccure. I have been reading some of the post, I hope everyone is taking our team seriously. Our team will represent Eastern and Fans proudly.

I know we will not be pushed around, we may do the pushing around. I have seen those young Freshmen, they are holding their own. Remember this name, Mario Brown, this young man at RB, will chill all of us, he have some moves will surprise you. I spoke with him today, he is so happy that he is not being Redshirt.

I had fun teasing some of our OL today, some of the haircuts thy got are very creative. Chandler Gayton, is looking great as LB/safety. Will Edge #36, is back at practice, and looking great. He is very fortunate to still be playing Football after the injury he suffered a year ago, broke his ankle, and his toes facing the back of the other foot. Brice Leahy 295 lbs OL, is coming along, he had a very bad accident last year on his Motor Bike, he is a Senior, and working very hard to be with the team.

Our QB's have some quick releases. Brandon Kaufman,(WR) Nick Edwards,(WR)Cory Mitchell,(WR) Darrell Beaumonte,(RB) Taiwan Jones, (RB) Chase King,(RB) were snatching some big and long balls from Bo. That young man have a Great Arm on him. Anthony Vitto, Nick Guathier, Scott Burgett,Greg Panelli, all Quarterbacks, had their turn getting their arms loose, and looking great.

The Freshmen we had last year, and the ones this year, all of them are "Outstanding". Ryan Seto TE, looks great, John Goldwire.LB, Alden Gibbs DB, (ex Basketball Player), is coming along, and their progress is great.

On Defense, Renard Williams, Tyler Jolley, Anthony Larry, Will Katao, Evan Cook, Jerry Ceja, Evan Day, and others are really getting a lot better. Our DB's are also doing great. I may sound bias, but I see what the team is doing on a daily basis. so much for now. Go Eags!!! Vic

Latest posts

Back