• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

2012 Football Verbal Commitments

tuffgong

1. Kai Campbell WR/KR 5-11 190 Highland HS Pocatello, ID
2. Taison Manu SS 5-9 185 Highland HS Pocatello, ID
3. Hayden Stout RB/LB 6-2 200 Meridian HS Meridian, ID
4. Demetrius Oliver WR/KR 5-11 180 Rocky Mountain HS Meridian, ID
5. Cole Lemer SS/WR 6-1 190 Ferris HS Spokane, WA
6. Kurtis Karstetter LB 6-2 205 Ferris HS Spokane, WA
7. Matt Nilsson DL/TE 6-5 235 Juanita HS Kirkland, WA
8. Colin Presetesater OL 6-6 285 Crespi HS Encino, CA
9. Kameron Taylor WR 6-2 186 Buena Park HS Buena Park, CA
10. Darius Williams WR/KR 5-9 175 Carver HS Columbus, GA
11. Paul Langi LB 6-1 200 Bingham HS South Jordan, UT
12. Pat Ryan DL 6-4 250 Highland HS, Pocatello, ID
13. Conner Floan OL/TE 6-6 250 Redmond HS, Redmond, WA
14. Devin Benjamin WR/DB 6-3 195 Sacramento HS Sacramento, CA
15. DeShawn Perkins WR/DB 5-9 180 West Jordan HS West Jordan, UT
16. Montana Gessell OL 6-4 280 Highland HS Pocatello, ID
17. K.W. Williams DB 6-1 195 Thomas Jefferson HS Auburn, WA
18. Cody Abbott OL/DL 6-4 270 Meridian HS Meridian, ID
19. Braeden Mitchell ATH 6-0 180 Skyline HS Idaho Falls, ID
20. Drew Sharkey DE 6-3 235 Ferris HS Spokane, WA

---Greyshirts (signed last year) technically part of this years recruiting class---
***Patrick Carter DB 6-2 180 Capital HS Boise, ID
***Travis Namohala OL 6-3 285 Kamehameha HS Honolulu, HI
***Tyler Wright DE/TE 6-5 225 Mountain Home HS Mountain Home, ID

Cub, please add to the list as recruit knowledge becomes available. Most of these recruits have footage/stats available on YouTube. Having seen Campbell, Manu & Stout play in person, they are all very good, and are the types of players that can star in the Big Sky. All three of these kids have offers from other schools as well.

Thesolerider said:
The verbal gives an indication where the University stands with the Kid. National signing day isn't until FEB.

Yep, kids give verbals all the time in an attempt to garner other offers. The real truth isn't manifested until national signing day.

My sources say two Ferris HS (WA) players have given oral commitments to play football at ISU.

Cole Lemer SS/WR 6-1 190
Kurtis Karstetter LB 6-2 205 (brother of Wash St. WR Jared Karstetter)

A player from Juanita HS (WA) also has reportedly given a verbal..

Matt Nilsson DL/TE 6-5 235

Sniper said:
My sources say two Ferris HS (WA) players have given oral commitments to play football at ISU.

Cole Lemer SS/WR 6-1 190
Kurtis Karstetter LB 6-2 205 (brother of Wash St. WR Jared Karstetter)

Heard the same on both of these fellas. Nice to get kids from Eastern Washington's backyard.

Does anyone know anything about these guys? I found them on Rivals and it states they are interested or have an offer from ISU?

1. QB Tanner Wrisley Carlsbad, California Carlsbad 6'4" 200 4.6
2. QB Dillon Miller Eugene, Oregon Sheldon 6'0" 187
3. WR Travis Reyes Los Altos, California Foothill College 5'10" 185
4. OL Corey Whitaker Murrieta, California Vista Murrieta 6'5" 270
5. RB Trevor Westover Eugene, Oregon Thurston 6'1" 195
6. QB Deion Wright Yakima,, Washington A C Davis 6'1" 185
7. OL Jamaal Symmonett Hialeah, Florida Champagnat Catholic 6'4" 285

Here's a list of some uncommitted guys we have reportedly offered..

Cooper Kupp ....... WR 6-1 180 Yakima, WA (Davis HS) .. offer from EWU.
Marc Cooper ....... WR 6-0 175 Eagle, ID (Eagle HS)
Colin Prestesater .. OL 6-6 270 Encino, CA (Crespi Carmelite HS)
DJ May ............ RB 5-11 190 Federal Way, WA (Federal Way HS) .. offers from Wyoming, Idaho
Sean McGill ....... OL 6-8 260 Tigard, OR (Southridge HS)
Tevin Long ........ QB 5-11 175 Brookshire, TX (Royal HS)
Conner Floan ...... DE 6-6 245 Redmond, WA (Redmond HS)
Michael Kneip ...... OL 6-4 270 Bellvue, WA (Bellvue HS)
Tanner Wrisley .... QB 6-4 190 Carlsbad, CA (Carlsbad HS) .. offers from Harvard, San Diego

We will probably get a few verbals from this list. I doubt we'll get Wrisley or May.

Here are some other names that have visited and been offered. All would be good gets if ISU can sign them.
Devin Benjamin WR Sacramento HS
Parker Mays WR Seattle Prep
Andrew Martinez LB Mater Dei HS San Diego

Also have offered K.W. Williams out of Jefferson High School in Auburn, Washington.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2011/12/20/1952211/making-initial-impression.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One of the top linemen in the State of Washington on the WashingtonPreps.com Top 100 is Matt Nilsson of Juanita High School. Tonight we bring you breaking news of his commitment.

Matt is 6'5", and 250 pounds plus or minus and he plays with a terrific toughness and demeanor on the field. That was something that stood out to coaches who watched him play.

His recruitment has included offers from Wayne State and Central Washington and he says he has an offer to take an official to Montana State.

A couple of weeks ago we brought you the news that he had received an offer from Idaho State. The Bengals had a less then stellar year going 2-9 but were competitive in almost all of their games and Nilsson is the type of kid that can help them tremendously.

"I am excited. I will be taking and official visit in January but know the area very well and I just feel the fit is going to be perfect for me," he offered.

Knowing that is a relief to him as he has had other schools calling but he felt strongly that the business school at Idaho State and the football program both fit his needs.

"It is nice to have this out of the way. Coach Roach and Coach Bailey have been great and everything about this feels right," he said.

The Bengals recently made a move on Michael Kneip of Bellevue, someone Matt is familiar with.

"I compete against him in track and he is a really great athlete. It would be fun if we ended up playing together."

Right now he is getting ready for Christmas even though he will have to work at his retail job Christmas Eve.

What is he looking forward to the most about going to ISU?

"The step up in the game and in the tempo and competition. That I am up for. The guys are there trying to earn a starting spot and it's going to be super competitive. That I like," he added.

He is also happy to be not to far from home and the Bengals will be playing Nebraska next year and he relishes a chance to be involved with that. With any luck the plan is to play the U of W in 2013. Something that could unite him with Juanita team mate Nathan Dean.

"It would be cool to be at Husky Stadium and see Nathan again. That is in the works but I hope it happens!"

Happy Holidays to the Nilsson family and to ISU who picked up a great student athlete tonight!

Come On......Somebody help me.....I'm dying a slow death here.....feed me some news on recruiting.......... :notworthy:

Last couple of weeks were dead weeks for recruiting, you'll see some more action beginning next week. Three Grey Shirts were issued clothing this week. I believe Patrick Carter and Travis Namohala are two of them. The third is a tall (6-5) TE type, not sure of his name or where his is from.

Just heard we got Tevin Long out of Texas to commit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7ctGnwS8dw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts

Back