• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Anymore Football Recruits Sign? More Idaho?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more you tell me to stop, the more I want to go to six pages. This post is completely unrelated to anything that has to do with athletics but it makes me feel good.

A new record. I hope you're proud of yourselves. On the WEARESC board there is a thread about the song girls that went six pages plus. That was worth reading.

From Scout:

San Mateo RB Daniel Porter (6-0, 195) was one of the more consistent performers at running back the past two years in the state of California, but he’s still unsigned at this late stage in the 2009 recruiting process. However, he will be visiting Idaho State next weekend and he could commit on his visit.

“I’m headed up to Idaho State on the 27th (of February),” Porter told JCFootball.com. “They offered me a little while ago and I kinda like them, but I need to get up there and check things out and see what they have to offer.”

Porter has plenty of things to offer whichever offense he decides to become a part of. He posted 823 yards and five touchdowns in 2008, while also hauling in seven receptions for 63 yards.

“I’m all purpose and I can do whatever a team needs me to do,” Porter said. “I’m interested in anyone that wants to look at me, so nothing is set in stone right now.”

“He’s 6-0, 190 pounds and he’s consistently clocked in the high 4.3 range for us and he’s incredibly strong and incredibly fast,” San Mateo defensive coordinator Tim Tulloch said. “He’s the full package and he’s got a great stride so at times he looks like he’s just gliding along, but eventually he’s just running past guys and breaking down angles. He’s powerful and he can run inside or outside.”

Porter already has his AA degree and he’ll have three years to play two once he signs his letter-of-intent.

Did anyone hear how Porter's trip to ISU went? I hope he will commit to the Orange.Believer or Cub....Who else are we looking at still?

I received an E-Mail from an unknown source re: the comment about Chadwick quitting the team because he was tired of being used and abused....evidently this was not the case for him leaving the team so I am extending Chadwick my apology and will be more careful repeating information that is hear say. I still hate losing a quality Idaho player.

Sorry guys...I just can't let this topic go...I was thinking about Montana State and wondering how many Montana players were on their roster....Idaho 2....Wash 7....Cali 15....MONTANA 49!!!! Those 2 Idaho players were top notch high school players Jordan Craney listed as safety and Jeff Miller listed as OT ..6'7"--276 lbs both from Pocatello and contributing to Montana State as Sophomores.I'M GOING TO SAY IT AGAIN... MONTANA DOES NOT RAISE BETTER FOOTBALL PLAYERS THAN IDAHO!

Actually, BigOrange, they do. I'm consistently amazed at how many QUALITY football players the state of Montana produces, year-in and year out. I did a quick look and in the last five years, Montana high schools have produced six all-Big Sky offensive or defensive linemen alone. Not to mention the great Montana kids who have been all-Big Sky running backs, wide receivers, linebackers and defensive backs in recent years.

Sure, Idaho produces some players of that quality, but not nearly as many as Montana. And Boise State, Idaho, Utah State, BYU, Utah, and lately even Weber, all divide up that smaller pool of Idaho players. And, as you point out, even MSU and Montana have recruited some good Idaho players in recent years. (The Dlouhy kid from Idaho Falls, for example, was an all-Big Sky defensive end at Montana -- even though Lewis and his staff worked VERY hard to try to get him to come to Idaho State). Adam Boomer, the LB from American Falls, was also an All-BSC player for Montana. (That one WAS a miss by ISU -- Brian McNeeley didn't think Boomer could play and didn't recruit him).

But when is the last time you heard of a Montana kid that left the state to play for another Big Sky Conference school? I bet you can't name one Montana kid who left the state and became an All-Big Sky performer at another school? Most other Big Sky Conference schools don't even bother to recruit Montana kids because they know they won't leave the state. They have no compunction, however, about raiding Idaho for players.

Superfan....You keep saying Idaho players aren't loyal to ISU...We offer very few Idaho players and we had 5 sign. How many were actually offered?! Superfan...I'm sick of you speaking for and against Idaho players....Between Montana and MSU they have nearly 100 Montana players on their rosters...I'm sure if ISU had more Idaho than not many of them could be and have been All Big Sky also. And once again...I'm not saying offer just because they are Idaho....There are more out there that could be legit D-1 AA players...ISU needs to start earlier in the recruiting process.Hey, regarding my apology maybe it was one of the coaching staff that E-mailed me (I said it was unknown). Anyway, I wish Chadwick the best.
Skippy..."They have no compunction,however, about raiding Idaho for players." That's because they can recruit and see talent where it is. Montana does not raise better football players than Idaho....They have figured the winning formula out and more of their in state players receive the opportunity to excel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back