• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Athletic Facilities

Great news!
Now that we are all drunk on euphoria. Here are some serious questions.

A. Why is it taking four years to build?
B. Where will the team play while construction is underway?
C. Where will track & field do their thing?
D. PacX needs teams by 2026. Is MWC willing to wait four years?
E. This is half of the equation: arena?

I remember Gonzo holding a press release to announce the Well, and well, look where we are.

Great news!
Now that we are all drunk on euphoria. Here are some serious questions.

A. Why is it taking four years to build?
B. Where will the team play while construction is underway?
C. Where will track & field do their thing?
D. PacX needs teams by 2026. Is MWC willing to wait four years?
E. This is half of the equation: arena?

I remember Gonzo holding a press release to announce the Well, and well, look where we are.
A. It's not designed yet, so the better part of a year to design plus permitting time, then another 2ish years to build. 4 years sounds about right to me. Better, faster, cheaper. You only get two of those when building things.
B. My guess is Hughes Stadium. It seats 20k.
C. Who cares. They haven't stacked hardware since the Raske years are are now an irrelevant program.
D. Neither the Pac or MW can wait that long as they have to get to 8 full members to remain an FBS campus. Our transition to FBS will take 2 years. Timeline is an invite before June '25 to be fully FBS by the '27 season. If either conference wants us to fit in that timeline, we'll need an invite soon. IMO, odds are very high we get an invite.
E. My guess is Golden 1 will be leveraged as a home to entice an FBS invite until we get an on-campus venue built.

Oregon State imploded their west stand after 2021, played the 2022 season at reduced capacity with one home game at Providence Park, then opened up in 2023.

I’m sure it’ll take at least a year to go through the planning process (that’s very west coast), but this doesn’t have to mean 4 years away unless the administration decides some land is required for logistical or other reasons.

Joe Davidson is reporting this is the last season in Hornet stadium. He says demolition will begin immediately after the season.
That is not what he reported at all. I quoted it in the other thread. They are working on tear down but we will continue to play at Hornet Stadium until the stadium is complete

Heavy: That's not exactly a "new" stadium at Liberty. They did some extensive reconstruction there, to be sure. But that's been Williams Stadium on that site since 1989 (when I was still at Lodi Union High School).

Feels like our very Hornet Edition of Field of Dreams, “If we build it, they will come…”

With some of the notes saying that we’ll be able to play while the construction goes on around the field that makes me feel like maybe the field is staying exactly in place? If there is no track that would be an awful lot of dead space between end zone and The Broad. I can’t keep up between this thread and the other thread where certain things were said but there was a mention of us getting possibly a horseshoe design which would be great done correctly. Close off the side to The Well and slide down the field close to The Broad and close this stadium in! I have always thought the premium seating in the end zone was a cool way to keep fans close and where players can celebrate with them after big plays. I would like to see some style of some club seating still available at field level.

Feels like our very Hornet Edition of Field of Dreams, “If we build it, they will come…”

With some of the notes saying that we’ll be able to play while the construction goes on around the field that makes me feel like maybe the field is staying exactly in place? If there is no track that would be an awful lot of dead space between end zone and The Broad. I can’t keep up between this thread and the other thread where certain things were said but there was a mention of us getting possibly a horseshoe design which would be great done correctly. Close off the side to The Well and slide down the field close to The Broad and close this stadium in! I have always thought the premium seating in the end zone was a cool way to keep fans close and where players can celebrate with them after big plays. I would like to see some style of some club seating still available at field level.
According to Sting, track will be removed. Also, in press release, it was said that the project will include building track & field facilities, so hopefully that confirms the track will be relocated. To where, dont know or care. Just as long as there is no track in the stadium.

That is not what he reported at all. I quoted it in the other thread. They are working on tear down but we will continue to play at Hornet Stadium until the stadium is complete
I misinterpreted the tweet he posted about demo beginning immediately after this season.

I heard both Orr and Wood say stadium will be razed at end of the season. That they could do it with a a few people and a couple of beers. They didnt elaborate if both sides will be razed at once or if the track/turf will also be relocated. I'd imagine that site work couldnt start for awhile needing permits, CSU approval, etc. Should know more in a few 'weeks'.

Would like to keep some of the grandstands and new press box and possibly relocate to the new track facility. Or somehow refurbish the John with more seating and there is no press box in the stadium.

I think Hughes would be the perfect temp location.

Latest posts

Back