• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Common Denominator?

GOBIGORANGE

What is the common denominator with these players that contributed heavily in the NEAR UPSET OF MONTANA: Russel Hill, Clint Knickrehm, A.J. Storms, Dustin Tew, Kelvin Krosch, Phillip Arias, Josh Hill, Bryant Ward, Sean Rutten, Mitch Rudder, Braeden Clayson. The answer is, IDAHO PLAYERS!!!! Now before everyone jumps down my throat, I would like to say our out of state players did a wonderful job also. Since everyone knows I am obsessed with getting MORE (NOT ALL) Idaho players, can anyone tell me which Idaho players are ISU TRYING TO GET.

No response from anyone! Has ISU missed the recruiting process once again...GOODY!!! They are always tooooo late in the recruiting process!!!! That is a CHANGE Coach Z needs to address.

Because nobody has responded to your bait, you're going to jump to the conclusion that ISU is not recruiting anybody in-state? I think you have taken this obsession to new levels, Orange. Why don't you at least wait until signing day to see the results before you go off on this tangent again?

When we were co big sky champs in 02 and the dome was packed, how many idaho players contributed then? I have no problem with Idaho players, but saying that is how we are going to win is ridiculous. I could talk about one Idaho player you mentioned that in my opinion cost us the game against last week. I dont care where they are from as long as we win

Skippy, respectfully...that is the problem...wait.wait.wait...until signing day and then it is too late. I just asked a legitimate question and am curious WHO THEY ARE LOOKING AT IF ANYONE...I promise I won't go as crazy as I did last year....Why are some people so sensitive about this subject? It is called IDAHO STATE UNIVERSITY and Coach Z made the comment last year it was a top priority of his to get LOCAL players (I am wondering if it really is a top priority or just more lip service). Cub, do you have any insight?

GOBIGORANGE said:
What is the common denominator with these players that contributed heavily in the NEAR UPSET OF MONTANA: Russel Hill, Clint Knickrehm, A.J. Storms, Dustin Tew, Kelvin Krosch, Phillip Arias, Josh Hill, Bryant Ward, Sean Rutten, Mitch Rudder, Braeden Clayson. The answer is, IDAHO PLAYERS!!!! Now before everyone jumps down my throat, I would like to say our out of state players did a wonderful job also. Since everyone knows I am obsessed with getting MORE (NOT ALL) Idaho players, can anyone tell me which Idaho players are ISU TRYING TO GET.

I don't think this question is out of line? GOBIGOrange is just asking what Idaho players are on the horizon? He must like Idaho. He must be proud of Idaho. He must be a fan of Idaho just as i am and want the best for Idaho State and the Idaho recruits. Let's make sure we are not forgetting anyone, (ie. GOODY) and lets make sure the competition isn't recruiting out of our backyard! I might be wrong but i think that's what he is trying to say!?

Hopefully Coach Z will continue to overlook Idaho players, I know Weber sure has enjoyed recent success in recruiting Idaho kids. And damn those kids are tough hard nosed guys.

*sigh*...Can we forget Jared Goody? Pleeease? It's in the rearview mirror of the last car on the damn freeway. I like local kids too, but overall I don't care where we get them, I just want good football players/people regardless.

Besides he's going on a mission and therefore will be useless for two years to Weber State football, all the more reason to never recruit kids going on missions, or at the very least handing out scholarships that won't be of any use for 2 years. If they're good enough and willing enough give them their scholarships when they get back.

isusuperfan said:
*sigh*...Can we forget Jared Goody? Pleeease? It's in the rearview mirror of the last car on the damn freeway. I like local kids too, but overall I don't care where we get them, I just want good football players/people regardless.

Besides he's going on a mission and therefore will be useless for two years to Weber State football, all the more reason to never recruit kids going on missions, or at the very least handing out scholarships that won't be of any use for 2 years. If they're good enough and willing enough give them their scholarships when they get back.
Are you crazy? thats a huge advantage that WSU, Utah, Byu, etc... have been using for years. Send your o-linemen out for 2 years let them grow and mature come back and play men amongst boys on the line.
Its a big advantage being a 22 year old freshman o-lineman.

No, the question is not out of line. The inference that because no one on this board happens to know who ISU is recruiting and therefore ISU must not be recruiting anybody in state is the ridiculous part.

Might I also point out that it's against NCAA rules (strictly forbidden) for coaches (or any other school official, for that matter)to talk publicly about players they're recruiting, regardless of where they're from. I think Skippy's point is a valid one. You're assuming that because someone on this board hasn't answered your question that ISU is overlooking every athlete in Idaho and looking elsewhere???? I can tell you point-blank that is not true. ISU is recruiting Idaho kids...

Your inference is a curious one considering all the players you pointed out in your first post on this thread. Why would they stop now?

ajwildcat said:
Are you crazy? thats a huge advantage that WSU, Utah, Byu, etc... have been using for years. Send your o-linemen out for 2 years let them grow and mature come back and play men amongst boys on the line.
Its a big advantage being a 22 year old freshman o-lineman.

Too bad BYU can't seem to translate that maturity into winning anything of value. Really, if that's the system you've been using, no wonder why the state of Utah is not on par with the big boys on a regular basis (read that word, regular...1 Sugar Bowl win over an overachieving Alabama team a powerhouse does not make).

Here's what sets ISU apart from those Utah schools, aj:

ISU cannot afford to wait two years for players on missions. We can't. We are in dire need of players like, right now. That may "work" for BYU, Utah or Weber but it won't work for ISU at this stage in the game. We need those players right away. We need bodies in the trenches right now.

Give me a couple of 19-20 year old kids who have a mean streak and a drive to beat the hell out of the other team that would make Attila the Hun proud and I guarantee you they'll beat the tar out of the "fully grown" and "mature" men on the other side.

I do not expect the coaches to come on this board and tell me who they are recruiting...I am asking the fan base if they are aware of any Idaho players...I hope I did not commit a sin by asking a legitimate question that I have not received one answer to. Let u know, I would need to look at the roster to come up with some Idaho players, but you just said one that did a FANTASTIC JOB FOR IDAHO STATE. And as far as recruiting goes Idaho State is always behind most schools in contacting the legitimate Div1 players in Idaho and offering them the scholly (they may make contact but they always wait too long to actually offer).And Skippy I never ever said they were not recruiting anyone from Idaho (you came up with your own conclusion) I just want to know who they are?

GOBIGORANGE said:

GBO, based on the names you listed, the other common denominator...they are all white. Just sayin. Might as well throw out the race card out on the table, ya think?. :lol:

Letuknow...Here's a few Idaho names beside Mitchell that was on the 2002 roster that contributed to ISU Football: Troy Bell, Brett Fowler, Steve Burch, Jeff Davenport, Nic Poppleton, Kris Krosch, Josh Whitworth.
Who knows, maybe if we would have had MORE NOT ALL IDAHO, we would have won it out right!

Latest posts

Back