• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

EWU @ MSU Game Day Thread

Very, very, very sad to see how this season has played out. I remember when we were boat-racing MSU just a few years back instead of the other way around.

E-Wu Tang Clan said:
USC's DC Alex Grinch had to give up 52 points in a game to get fired mid season. Eastern's DC just gave up 45 in a half. Just sayin.

AD needs to sit down with Best and have him explain what his plan is for significantly improving defense and special teams. Those two facets have been horrible for a long while. I don’t think the guys on staff have the capability of improving enough to get us competitive. If Best can’t articulate a clear plan, then this whole staff needs to be reconsidered. This isn’t working. Every year, the wheels fall off at some point. We never improve over the course of a season.. we tend to fall apart. That’s a serious issue.

LDopaPDX said:
E-Wu Tang Clan said:
USC's DC Alex Grinch had to give up 52 points in a game to get fired mid season. Eastern's DC just gave up 45 in a half. Just sayin.

AD needs to sit down with Best and have him explain what his plan is for significantly improving defense and special teams. Those two facets have been horrible for a long while. I don’t think the guys on staff have the capability of improving enough to get us competitive. If Best can’t articulate a clear plan, then this whole staff needs to be reconsidered. This isn’t working. Every year, the wheels fall off at some point. We never improve over the course of a season.. we tend to fall apart. That’s a serious issue.

I agree. Sometimes I waffle between a good DC could salvage this team then I see poor special teams play, poor tackling, penalty problems, bad away game performances and I tend to think the problem is systemic to the whole team. Best better metaphorically throw a hail mary to save his job.

Well I'm just glad our def coord. ..Jeff Copp....decided to stay...remember when he was bolting just before the season? whew we got lucky that he stayed just think how bad we'd be without him.

giphy.gif

E-Wu Tang Clan said:
LDopaPDX said:
E-Wu Tang Clan said:

I agree. Sometimes I waffle between a good DC could salvage this team then I see poor special teams play, poor tackling, penalty problems, bad away game performances and I tend to think the problem is systemic to the whole team. Best better metaphorically throw a hail mary to save his job.

At this point if the AD isn’t building a short list of candidates he’s crazy.

Obzerver said:
Well I'm just glad our def coord. ..Jeff Copp....decided to stay...remember when he was bolting just before the season? whew we got lucky that he stayed just think how bad we'd be without him.

giphy.gif

Huge bullet dodged there.

You call tell Gregorak is just stunned by how bad Eastern plays defense. He was genuinely shocked at that big run because Eastern wasn’t even close to defending it. We over run the play all the time and get beat by a simple cut. We miss tackles so badly that we don’t even touch the ball carrier. I don’t think there’s any way we don’t completely restaff the D. It sucks to call for people’s jobs, but I don’t think there’s any other way. We are just too damn bad. And if Best isn’t willing to do it, then we need to restaff every coach.

LDopaPDX said:
You call tell Gregorak is just stunned by how bad Eastern plays defense. He was genuinely shocked at that big run because Eastern wasn’t even close to defending it. We over run the play all the time and get beat by a simple cut. We miss tackles so badly that we don’t even touch the ball carrier. I don’t think there’s any way we don’t completely restaff the D. It sucks to call for people’s jobs, but I don’t think there’s any other way. We are just too damn bad. And if Best isn’t willing to do it, then we need to restaff every coach.

Maybe Gregorak's available. He'd put a hell of lot better product than what we're trotting out on the field right now.

Seattle Eagle said:
LDopaPDX said:

Maybe Gregorak's available. He'd put a hell of lot better product than what we're trotting out on the field right now.

That guy’s an ass hat. Saying that I wonder why he’s not coaching anywhere.

LDopaPDX said:

I don't like calling for people jobs either but they're just so bad at it. We're not doing them any favors by keeping them around.

Seattle Eagle said:
LDopaPDX said:

Gregorak is doing a good job on commentary. He’s been very clear about why Eastern is so bad. He even brought up how EWU’s admin has let the program down by not investing properly. Right now, Eastern is a shit show. From the coaches to the admin, it’s all at critical mass. The AD needs a complete rethink as to what we’re doing at the university.

Seattle Eagle said:
I hope Visperas is ok. That was a pretty brutal hit.

Probably done for the day. Strangely, he was actually having a decent outing as bad as we've been in this game. 25/33 for 321.

Latest posts

Back