• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Give me one good reason to respect ISU football!!!

Hey Spartan,
(IMO) you should keep the ol' pie hole shut at times. (or i guess for a message board, the fingers less type happy) More than not you remind me of a fruit fly that keeps buzzing around that won't go away.
And you know why i can tell you this? Because i can! You have let me know many times how you feel and that is okay. I guess if you don't like it you can go to a different site? We all have our opininions. Oh yea, one more thing.... you said a few weeks ago about how (they) Admn.-coaches-players don't owe us (me) anything? Wrong! When people give and give and give time and $$$ to this program and create money for scholarships etc. you owe something back(imo). Maybe i am old school but if someone was paying for my scholarships-salary,etc then i would owe them back the best i know how. And a win or 2 isn't asking much. Damn right we are owed something. I will be greedy on this one! University of Montana expects it, why not us!? (i will be expecting more in the future)

Now to the subject at hand......People just need to chill out a bit. It looks like to me that 96 is a Graduate of ISU. He has payed his dues to me. By reading his statements it looks like he was proud to be an ISU alum and he was proud to make the call for his friend? Is that so damn wrong? Also reading his comments is sounds like he made calls but (no return calls?). He was making the effort and felt like he was being ignored maybe? Hopefully things are good now!? Lets not get cocky people. We need all the help we can get. We all are trying to do our part and better the university. And i think 96 was frustrated to the point of (where do i go now!?) Anyways for what it is worth i hope we all can work out our differences at some point of time or another. The coaches have bad days. The players have bad days. The fans have bad days and i think it is okay to vent our frustrations. We can still like our University-coaches and players and we can still disagree on certain issues. We all have our own opinion. I introduced 96 to Bubb a couple years ago when he was walking around the tailgate area and 96 gave Bubb an ear full right there about needing to build a "winning tradition". I have seen 96 stand up and boo by himself when the play calling was horrible. I have also seen 96 pat the boys on the shoulder pads and say great job, good luck! Like i said above it is okay to like someone and still disagree with that same somebody. That is why we have these boards is to vent some frustration and to give our 2 cents. It is healthy. We need to get tough skin people. Have you ever seen the Montana board? Some started a post to FIRE their coach after (1) loss. Now that is called EXPECTATIONS! I will agree with one thing. We all have a goal to build "winning traditions" and that is why we ALL care so much and are passionate about our Bengals. GO Bengals!

I see some validity to all this, Roar.

96 if you are a member of the Bengal family and you have sweat and bled for the program, then you have done more that me.

Bengal Roar said:
Now to the subject at hand......People just need to chill out a bit. It looks like to me that 96 is a Graduate of ISU. He has payed his dues to me. By reading his statements it looks like he was proud to be an ISU alum and he was proud to make the call for his friend? Is that so damn wrong? Also reading his comments is sounds like he made calls but (no return calls?). He was making the effort and felt like he was being ignored maybe? Hopefully things are good now!? Lets not get cocky people. We need all the help we can get. We all are trying to do our part and better the university. And i think 96 was frustrated to the point of (where do i go now!?) Anyways for what it is worth i hope we all can work out our differences at some point of time or another. The coaches have bad days. The players have bad days. The fans have bad days and i think it is okay to vent our frustrations. We can still like our University-coaches and players and we can still disagree on certain issues. We all have our own opinion. I introduced 96 to Bubb a couple years ago when he was walking around the tailgate area and 96 gave Bubb an ear full right there about needing to build a "winning tradition". I have seen 96 stand up and boo by himself when the play calling was horrible. I have also seen 96 pat the boys on the shoulder pads and say great job, good luck! Like i said above it is okay to like someone and still disagree with that same somebody. That is why we have these boards is to vent some frustration and to give our 2 cents. It is healthy. We need to get tough skin people. Have you ever seen the Montana board? Some started a post to FIRE their coach after (1) loss. Now that is called EXPECTATIONS! I will agree with one thing. We all have a goal to build "winning traditions" and that is why we ALL care so much and are passionate about our Bengals. GO Bengals!

Thanks for expressing points that I could not Roar. Look everyone, it is not my intent to see this progam at the bottom of college football. It is also not my intent to attack the program. However, I do feel (probably like many of you) I have legitimate credentials to be critical of the program and I do want to see it built into a college football powerhouse. This school has given me an incredible education and opportunities to be successful in life (in the 90's I was an undergraduate assistant and lectured in the Sociology department, I was the President for two highly recognized student organizations, I have travelled to numerous communities to speak on behalf of the University in addition to what Roar identified in his post). So with all that said, I am critical of the ISU football program and I expect accountability, excellence and professionalism. To Roar's point, if you look at programs that win, it is an expectation more so by the fans. The fans own that right and authority as much (if not more than) the team.

Simply put, I expect a winning program and will do what I can to encourage it, even if it means calling the AD, coaches or players out (as well as encouraging them). I agree with Bengalbeliever and appreciate the responses from Bengalcub and Roar. I will do more as a fan and graduate of this institution. I will start a new thread "What ISU Football means to us and Ideas for the Coaches and Players." I will post personal experiences I have had regarding ISU Football and also add possible solutions. For those of you interested and want positive contributions...lets do it!! For those of you that want to attack others...you are not welcome. I think the coaches and players will welcome ideas, at the very least they will appreciate how strongly we feel. :D

Bengal Roar said:
Hey Spartan,
(IMO) you should keep the ol' pie hole shut at times. (or i guess for a message board, the fingers less type happy) More than not you remind me of a fruit fly that keeps buzzing around that won't go away.
And you know why i can tell you this? Because i can! You have let me know many times how you feel and that is okay. I guess if you don't like it you can go to a different site? We all have our opininions. Oh yea, one more thing.... you said a few weeks ago about how (they) Admn.-coaches-players don't owe us (me) anything? Wrong! When people give and give and give time and $$$ to this program and create money for scholarships etc. you owe something back(imo). Maybe i am old school but if someone was paying for my scholarships-salary,etc then i would owe them back the best i know how. And a win or 2 isn't asking much. Damn right we are owed something. I will be greedy on this one! University of Montana expects it, why not us!? (i will be expecting more in the future)

That's what I'm talking about, EXPECT IT, and settle for nothing less.

I think the answer concerning Jackson is simple; he has only been playing the last two weeks because of injury and he has grade problems. The grade issue alone will scare some teams off. Combined with the injury and you have your answer for why recruiting is slow for him. If he does not show vast improvement in both his ACT scores and his grades at school, he is a Prop next year and may want to look at a JC. As for any problems with ISU football, Zamberlin is very approachable and a real person who when he has time is always willing to sit down and talk. For the most part his coaches are the same, as with anything, some are not as approachable. As for all the name calling that is going on lately, relax. Everyone has a right to his or her opinion and it does not always have to agree with yours. What we all need to do is respect each other’s right to an opinion, and if you want to disagree, do it rationally without making it personal. Yes, there are some who come on just to create controversy, but they are easy to recognize and should just be ignored. :mrgreen:

:roll: Additional information: As stated by Frank previously, the coaching staff knows about Jackson. Junior is in contact with the ones he can speak to, a concerned fan is most likely not one of those he can talk to. By NCAA rules a coach is not allowed to comment on players of interest. Probley the reason 96 felt he was getting the cold shoulder. The coach could not comment so didn't.

Ok, here's a good reason: You don't have to try to explain to anyone going to the Zoo to catch a game at Wa-Griz this weekend.

Latest posts

Back