• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Give me one good reason to respect ISU football!!!

You know tuffgong, last year when you said that Montana did not have better talent than ISU does in football, then I think that gave everybody here the type of acumen and good sense that you have in eyeing good talent. But I did watch the video of Jackson, and he does look pretty darn good; he looks better than Kenyon Blue -- and he definitely looks quicker and faster than Knickrehm -- but not bigger. I just wish they wouldn't have ruined the video by playing stupid, stupid rap music in the background.

tuffgong said:
I think some of you are genuinely idiots, no disrespect. I have a small gig with scout.com and help them with Idaho and North Utah review, and LaVaughn Jackson is the REAL DEAL. To go along with all of that, his team was in the 5A title game last year, he knows how to win, and if you all think that Bengal96 is lying, I'm here to back him, cuz I've seen the kid in person and he is a physical specimen. We would rather recruit guys that haven't made it through the clearinghouse. Jackson is better than any back we have right now. Keep pushing Bengals96, cuz I'd personally love to see him end up here. Just remember that Trevyn Smith out of Springville, UT had no love in HS, and was barely recruited. Who's having the last laugh now?

Great points, especially about LaVaughn living near Pocatello and the fact he is well known. Thanks for seeing my efforts as trying to help and not attacking me. Its funny I saw Lavaughn at one of my boy's football practices and you are right he is physically put together!!! He is framed like a big time college RB! Also, he is a really polite guy...good character (especially for a kid who has looks from some div 1a schools). I talked with his dad and expressed ISU is a great opportunity because of the education, facilities, direction and passionate fans! I also discussed positive things about the new ISU head football coach. Given LaVaughn's current status this is potentially a great opportunity for both sides. Well, like I stated earlier, if ISU does not respond I can tell them ISU did not seem responsive and suggest other serious connections/schools (that will surely be interested). I just believe in ISU and what it offers; I would never tell fraternity brothers, friends or acquaintances to send their college bound kids to ISU if it was not worth it. One would think ISU should follow-up on potential opportunities before closing the door, thats just good business. :?

boisebengal said:
You know tuffgong, last year when you said that Montana did not have better talent than ISU does in football, then I think that gave everybody here the type of acumen and good sense that you have in eyeing good talent. But I did watch the video of Jackson, and he does look pretty darn good; he looks better than Kenyon Blue -- and he definitely looks quicker and faster than Knickrehm -- but not bigger. I just wish they wouldn't have ruined the video by playing stupid, stupid rap music in the background.

Yeah it seems he is a quick, powerful, fast runner. In person, he looks approximately 6 ft 195-200 lbs all muscle. LOL...and by the way I love the music (however I acknowledge your opinion). I definitely would say ISU would not want this guy to get away, especially to another Big Sky conference school.

Bengal96, I don't know which coach you approached, but Nick Whitworth is the recruiting coordinator and RBs coach. Suggest you call him at 282-4908, if you haven't tried him yet.

How sad! Some of these comments are so immature. Hopefully ISU will take some time and give this player a look. As far as saying ISU would rather recruit players that haven't made it through the clearinghouse that is a really stupid comment being as all recruits have to clear the clearinghouse before they can play. Let's hope ISU gives him a chance but there are only a certain amount of scholarships availabe per year and possibly the RB position for that year is not a top priority. Let's give our current athletes some credit because we truly do have some up and coming stars!!!! Be patient!!! Go Big Orange!!!

dave84again said:
:?: Are you a Hagler?? seriously...just curious.

Well, I guess after a year off 84, you awakened me.

You just can't let it go can you 84. Maybe one day you can change your last name to Hagler, but it still won't mean you have any athletic ability in your body. He isn't a Hagler, but I do know him. His knowlege of football far surpasses anything you bring to the board. It seems that all you and Cub want to put on here is stupid rhymes and posts to each other and call it credible. You can keep putting my name on here 84, but I still won't tell people to come buy a ring from you at your local Fred Meyer.

So let me get this straight. I am ISU sitting with a loooonggggggggg losing streak and I won't try anything to correct it??? Hell, I would even give Blackfoot Bengal a shot to play. This is the mindset of ISU that is broken. Fans like 84 who want to turn an eye to the serious problem that is called ISU football. here is always next year we will be good. Give him time to turn it around.

This is my last year of being in the Bengal Foundation until I see improvements made. Why should I spend my money on a program that gives nothing back and accepts losing like it does. Hurry 84, I can hear you calling me a fairweather fan right now. As soon as the mindset of the community, school and athletics is changed to not accept losing, you will see the community support.

skippy57.0 said:
Bengal96, I don't know which coach you approached, but Nick Whitworth is the recruiting coordinator and RBs coach. Suggest you call him at 282-4908, if you haven't tried him yet.

Great, I appreciate the information.

GOBIGORANGE said:
How sad! Some of these comments are so immature. Hopefully ISU will take some time and give this player a look. As far as saying ISU would rather recruit players that haven't made it through the clearinghouse that is a really stupid comment being as all recruits have to clear the clearinghouse before they can play. Let's hope ISU gives him a chance but there are only a certain amount of scholarships availabe per year and possibly the RB position for that year is not a top priority. Let's give our current athletes some credit because we truly do have some up and coming stars!!!! Be patient!!! Go Big Orange!!!

We shall see... :D

Now Bird, don't throw me under the bus because you are pissed at Dave. I never said it and quite frankly I disagree with Dave saying it. I joked with Dave to try to defuse a potentially harmful response from you. I know Dave and I know what to say to calm him down. Bird, I love you. Lets not go down this road again, okay? ISU needs your donations and your support--now isn't the time to abandon ship.

What I am tired of is folks getting on here and ripping the coaching staff. The recruiting thing and the kid that has interest in Idaho State--I never said that he was not good. I don't think it does the kid any justice--getting on here and ripping the staff on a message board. So, he has interest in Idaho State--he isn't the first kid and he will not be the last that feels like they got a raw deal from the coaching staff past and present. My point--don't put it here and for hells sakes don't mention the kids name. So this guy isn't getting the time of day from the coaching staff. Go to the official site--find out who the recruiting coordinator is and slip him an e-mail. I don't think it is rocket science--I see names and I see numbers. Or come on here and say...I have a kid that is interested in Idaho State. I have tried to contact the coaching staff, but I am not getting anywhere. Any ideas? It's not the message it is the packaging that I have a problem with.

I've seen so much bullshit on here--I throw it back and call bullshit. Same thing with internal problems on the football team--someone had an axe to grind and posts it on here. I don't know anyone on here that has voiced their criticism to an actual person or has done anything to be a part of the solution--myself included.

I am fat and bald--35 years of age and even in my prime I may not have been as athletic as anyone on this board. But guess what? Who cares what you did in HS--most of us are here because we love Idaho State. For those of you keeping score at home my name is Troy Briggs, I am the Bengal Cub. I have been a Bengal fan for 30+ years and I always will be.

The problem with many on this board is that if you state the obvious then you are then hating on the Bengals. I watched the highlight tape and the kids looks legit!

Who said he isn't?

The problem with you LETUKNOW is that you throw around all sorts (example Orthman vs Richards) of innuendo--but you don't have the balls to talk to the people you accuse in person.

Then you have the nerve to say that if you state the obvious that you are branded as a hater. But you never state the obvious--you just imply it.

You act like Robin Hood, some crusader or a goodwill doctor--but you aren't here to heal the sick. You are here to spread an epidemic.

That is because Coach Zamberlin would kick the shit out of each and every one of us.

Coach Z know's I love him and when I see him next time in person--I will rub his bald head and show him some Bengal lovin'.

bird...first off, read my post again. i simply asked if that is who he was. look at his name on the board (expokygrad). i tried to put two and two together (disdain of the program, graduate from poky). i thought we had gotten over this over a year ago. if my simply mentioning the name Hagler curls your toes and makes you see red, my apologies, truly. i know i have had a history of coming on here and bashing people or starting up contention, but i...like you...have not posted on this board in quite a long time, because i didn't want to be the bastard anymore. superfan was trying to learn the identity of the GREAT expokygrad, i simply asked a question...no jest involved. the danger with this board is you can't see my face or know my tone when writing the question. i've said before and i'll say again, next time your in the area, stop by and we'll talk over a Coke. i mean it.

as for my sons "times and stats"...if you BENGAL96, can't see the joke in my post you are an idiot. like i actually time my 6 year old. he did throw 2nd best out of all the 1st graders in the Punt, Pass, Kick ISU Sponsored. they made the younger kids throw the college size ball, rather than the ones that are meant for thier age goup.

IF, ISU actually realizes its error of getting rid of mens golf, my kid will be on the team in 12 years. he's already the junior golf champion for pocatello in his age group. trust me...you don't want to try and insult him, he's already to much a man for you.

BIRD......seriously, c'mon down to Fred's and we'll chat some time. I don't know you other than on this board and quite frankly couldn't pick you or your brother out of a crowd. but i LOVE ISU Sports and enjoy a good conversation anytime.

I will tell you that Matt is not EXPOKYGRAD on the board. Matt does not get on this board and lives far away from ISU.

dave84again said:
...as for my sons "times and stats"...if you BENGAL96, can't see the joke in my post you are an idiot. like i actually time my 6 year old. he did throw 2nd best out of all the 1st graders in the Punt, Pass, Kick ISU Sponsored. they made the younger kids throw the college size ball, rather than the ones that are meant for thier age goup.

Fine...to you...your son can play...no crap it was an example to illustrate a point. lol I get that :lol: .

Expokygrad can't be Matt Hagler. EPG mentioned in an earlier thread that he went to school with me. Hagler graduated Poky long before then (I think he was the class of 1999).

bengalcub said:
...What I am tired of is folks getting on here and ripping the coaching staff. The recruiting thing and the kid that has interest in Idaho State--I never said that he was not good. I don't think it does the kid any justice--getting on here and ripping the staff on a message board. So, he has interest in Idaho State--he isn't the first kid and he will not be the last that feels like they got a raw deal from the coaching staff past and present. My point--don't put it here and for hells sakes don't mention the kids name. So this guy isn't getting the time of day from the coaching staff. Go to the official site--find out who the recruiting coordinator is and slip him an e-mail. I don't think it is rocket science--I see names and I see numbers. Or come on here and say...I have a kid that is interested in Idaho State. I have tried to contact the coaching staff, but I am not getting anywhere. Any ideas? It's not the message it is the packaging that I have a problem with.

I've seen so much bullshit on here--I throw it back and call bullshit. Same thing with internal problems on the football team--someone had an axe to grind and posts it on here. I don't know anyone on here that has voiced their criticism to an actual person or has done anything to be a part of the solution--myself included.

READ MY POST AGAIN...I REPEAT READ MY POST AGAIN!!! EVERYTHING YOU SUGGESTED WAS DONE...get yourself together and pay attention. I stated facts based upon my experience when attempting to reach out to ISU...get over it. While I acknowledge your opinion; you are not the authority over me. Who are you to tell me or anyone else how to present an issue. For all I know you could be the biggest idiot of them all. Let me be very clear...I say what I want...when I want...and how I want. Put on your "big-boy undies" and realize when one is a public figure or on a public forum they can be publicly discussed...in any form. I find it funny you immediately labeled my post as bull-shit and did not accurately read my post. So, with that said, guess where the bull-shit really came from and clearly you are a master at throwing it back (lmao). Lastly, when you say "I don't know anyone on here that has voiced their criticism to an actual person or has done anything to be a part of the solution--myself included" (what do you call my efforts) how can you make a statement like that and you dont even know everyone on here. Oops that must be the bull-shit you are throwing back-my bad. In case you have not figured it out...I have no problem with discussing issues/concerns with anyone (coaches, players, administration, fans, frauds, you name it) face-to-face or "The Bengal Den."

So, what have you say? :o

bengalcubette are you trying to say there is nothing wrong with the football program? Im sorry I think that running back looks great and there is something wrong if they treated him like that. You have some type strange complex that if you question the coaches you arent a fan.

letuknow said:
bengalcubette are you trying to say there is nothing wrong with the football program? Im sorry I think that running back looks great and there is something wrong if they treated him like that. You have some type strange complex that if you question the coaches you arent a fan.

Great points!

Latest posts

Back