• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

ISU vs WSU

Actually ISU takes as many, or more, JC and D-1 transfers as most programss in the Big Sky. Just look at last year's recruiting classes or this year's rosters. The fact is, most Big Sky schools are moving away from transfers precisely because of APR. That doesn't mean ISU won't take a transfer with a good, solid academic background, but good players with good academics are in high demand.

Bengalcub,

Get a grip, I know there are no ties in NCAA football. Okay, the 2012 team would have beaten the 2013 team in overtime after a tie in regulation. Why would I take the 2013 team in overtime? They could not score a touchdown with first down on the one yard against BYU than we decide to kick a field goal on 4th down like those 3 points were going to make a difference in the game. I think the 2012 team would have scored a touchdown on the one yard line on first down if Yost lined up over center to sneak the ball in.

For you and others to continue to use the APR "crutch" as to why the ISU football program continues to be at the cellar or near the cellar the last 3 seasons is disturbing. ISU made a huge mistake by giving walk-on scholarships to correct the APR issue as a Quick Fix to satisfy the NCAA. What would have happened if these walk-ons did not have high GPA's ? I doubt a walk-on would have been offered that scholarship. I guess you would have to look else where, right?

You must think JUCO players are not academically sound? What about Arias, Yost, and Henley? A lot of great high school players that have good GPA's go the JUCO route to get college playing experience as their high school program is funneled into the certain JUCO's and that JUCO is funneled into a lot of colleges throughout the country that these players are interested in. There has been players that actually received a scholarship out of high school and went the 4 year college route but stepped down after their first year at that college to go to a JUCO so they could get picked back up by a another college that has a better football program. Please educate yourself with the JUCO programs in Phoenix, San Diego, Los Angeles, and San Francisco areas. You will find out that there are many great JUCO programs from these areas and these players are being recruited and signed all of the time. Many of them are game breakers which by the way we do not have. It is a shame that ISU has not elected to connect with these JUCO head coaches as that is lost opportunity as Kramer has said that he will no longer visit or recruit from the JUCO's. If the truth was know Kramer would be actively recruiting and signing JUCO players but his hands are tied because of the new policy. He really needs to talk to his bosses and change that policy if he wants to have a winning season in the future since we no longer have an APR problem.

tell your buddy letuknow and others to stop kissing up to you as it does not look so good.

dead-horse.gif

UFTC talking about JC recruiting.

In the 1st quarter ISU's playing real well and has a chance to win this, but there's no audio on the Big Sky TV feed. And I can't use the audio off of the ISU site because it's not coming on.

boisebengal said:
In the 1st quarter ISU's playing real well and has a chance to win this, but there's no audio on the Big Sky TV feed. And I can't use the audio off of the ISU site because it's not coming on.

Same here.... must be something wrong with Weber's ability to transmit audio.

BTW, what is going on? Without sound it is hard.... interception that bounced around for a Weber TD... then WSU kicking off from the ISU 30!

Weber State wins 32 - 7. Are the Bengals are on the RISE ? Had to be the ISU APR problem or the weather conditions or the visitor locker rooms or whatever. We finish 12th in the Big Sky and the road losses continue. No improvement for the 2013 team over the 2011 and the 2012 teams as we lose badly to a Weber State team that had no wins in the Big Sky going into this game and had only one win going into this game in a non-conference team to a division II team. ISU is lucky that the Wildcats took a knee at the end of game with 1st down and goal with 30 seconds to go otherwise it would have been another 6 points. Wildcats showed some class by not rubbing it in. The 2012 team would have beaten the 2013 team, no doubt about it. Better go find those JUCO players and the step down players this recruiting season or the 2014 season will be same same.

up for the challenge said:
Weber State wins 32 - 7. Are the Bengals are on the RISE ? Had to be the ISU APR problem or the weather conditions or the visitor locker rooms or whatever. We finish 12th in the Big Sky and the road losses continue. No improvement for the 2013 team over the 2011 and the 2012 teams as we lose badly to a Weber State team that had no wins in the Big Sky going into this game and had only one win going into this game in a non-conference team to a division II team. If I remember correctly, the Bengals played the Wildcats last season in a closer game. The 2012 team would have beaten the 2013 team, no doubt about it. Better go find those JUCO players and the step down players this recruiting season or the 2014 season will be same same.

Not to nitpick, but our first win of the year was against Stephen F. Austin of the Southland conference who later beat Montana State :thumb:

Mike appeared very disappointed on the post game radio interview but tried to make his points about the program and what they accomplished this year.

Said he'll have 9-14 scholarships available this recruiting season. Said the main need is for an "explosive" "home run hitting" running back, another good receiver, another tackle and safety help, looking for bigger guys back there.

And to those who are wondering, Mike was very, very emphatic...he will NOT recruit JC players. Period. End of discussion...not going to happen by the sound of his voice. Used some words to describe juco's that was not very flattering. Said that's what John Zamberlin recruited and it didn't turn out well for him.

Take it for what it's worth.

PBP

I guess Kramer thinks all JUCO players are not very good players and are not good students for whatever reasons he may have. Tell that to the JUCO head coaches that send their players every year to great schools and do well as a student-athletes. Better for Kramer to go find some players from high school programs or give walk-ons more scholarships so we can continue our losing streak and cellar positions. You would think losing to a Weber State 32 - 7 would be a wake up call ? The score should have been 39 - 7 but Weber State showed some class by taking a knee at the end of the game. It really appears that the ISU football program is on the rise. WOW...

I know the program was in bad shape 3 years ago but does 1 conf win in year 3 really show that much improvement? 6 wins in 3 years....1 conf win In last 2 years.

ESBengal:

You are right but the Bengals continue to be haunted by the past APR problems. Weber State just got lucky today as we were not ready to play in windy conditions. But remember, look out for the Bengals if we beat Weber State next season.

UWTC, with the extreme windy conditions both teams rarely could pass, and this took us completely out of our game. And basically this was just a game as to which team could run the ball better, plus we made a lot of bonehead mistakes. I'm not saying that we would have won if it wouldn't have been windy, but I think the outcome would have been different. No matter how bad Weber is, we always have a difficult time trying to beat them. We could bring in some JC players; if a team really wants a quick fix then this is what they do. But since Kramer and staff are patient then this isn't their philosophy and they'd much rather bring in mostly high school players and build from there. And like some of the other posters have stated, there's a reason that they go to a JC in the first place rather than a 4-year college. Sometimes they're not good enough to go to a Division 1 school, but most of the time it's because of grades. And with all the APR problems we've had in the past and with the higher academic standards that Tingey has implemented, then we can't rely mainly on JC players. Although I'm sure we'll get a few to plug a few holes, though, but apparently they have to approach Coach Kramer. And PBP, if Kramer is so adamant in not recruiting JC players, then how is it that we've already offered Travis Zimmerman, a center from Iowa Western CC, Gabriel West, a DB from Pasadena City CC, and we had offered Glen Antoine, a DT from Highland CC, Kansas, before he committed to Idaho?

Also, I just wanted to say that normally the best teams in this league don't rely mainly on JC players, they'll mainly bring in high school kids and then sometimes bring in a few JC kids every now and then to help out. And concerning Division 1-A drop down players -- I'd like to see us get a few of those as well. But Kramer and staff can't approach any of these players, they have to contact us first.

boisebengal:

Windy conditions, snow, rain, hot, cold, indoor, outdoor, etc., is not an excuse as both teams played under the same conditions. We got beat and got beat badly on the same field. It was not even close.

As I mentioned several times in previous posts there are many high schools in Arizona and California that funnel their players into their local JUCO programs as these players want to gain college playing experience. Those JUCO head coaches send their best players to the colleges that are connected with them as they want to get their players out on scholarship. To say JUCO players are terrible students is a myth. Tell that to Henley , Arias, and Yost. Do not be brained washed by what others have been telling you on this board or what you hear from others. As I said before, I believe Kramer would have actively recruited and signed JUCO players more so than high schools and walk-ons from the very beginning or obtained step down players as he is an experience coach that wants to win titles. He needs some immediate impact players that can step in from great JUCO programs that have great student-athletes to have a winning season in 2014. Those JUCO players are there but Kramer has to visit their campus, talk with the JUCO head coaches, pull the players academic record, talk with the players, etc. It is time consuming but it can be done. It sounds like Kramer will not consider or cannot go that route which is a lost opportunity for him, the program, and ISU. That is a shame.

I like Tingey, but I'd like to see him relax the stringent academic policies a little, because this has hurt us in recruiting in various sports. It's not a myth to say that there are quite a few JC kids who play JC ball because of academics. I know this because I know some college assistants who have told me this -- and one is a personal friend. And I think they know the situation a lot better than both of us.

Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah.

Kramer did NOT say he wouldn't recruit JC kids, but he did make it clear he will be very selective and when he does he will get the right kind of kids.

GO BENGALS!

Latest posts

Back