• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

ISU vs WSU

PBP:

I cannot imagine Coach Kramer would never recruit JUCO players again as Yost, Arias, and Henley were and are excellent student-athletes that he actively recruited and signed when he first got hired. I do not care for the current recruiting process that the JUCO player has to contact him first as that is not actively recruiting JUCO players to me.

They're exceptions to the rule. Back then we desperately needed people at those positions, and now we have a lot more talent and depth.

Up:

I can only pass along what I heard on the interview in the studio, like I said originally take it for what it's worth. Mike was probably a little frustrated at the time.

To be sure you might want to go to the audio archive of the broadcast and relisten to the postgame to hear for yourself.

It's possible that I got it wrong, there may have been a nuance that I missed or didn't understand properly but that was my impression from the words he used. And it's possible that he will continue to 'recruit' JUCO players if they contact him first although he didn't say anything along those lines in the interview that I remember.

EDIT: I went to the ISU athletic site to bring up the achive of the football game and listen to the postgame interview again but for some reason when you click on ISU-Weber State football you get the replay of the ISU-Cal Bakersfield pregame basketball broadcast. Tried it twice to be sure and got the same result each time. :? I was hoping to supply an exact transcript of what was said regarding the JUCO player issue.

PBP

I think what I heard, Mark, was Mike Kramer saying he wasn't going to recruit bad people -- in other words, he wasn't going to go take just any JC kid who has talent, but who might not be a good student or a good person. (He said it a bit more colorfully than that, of course. :D ). I think you'll continue to see ISU take a very limited number of JC and D-1 transfers, as long as they meet the new, tougher academic standards required of all ISU athletes -- and they are good people.

Latest posts

Back