• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Northern Colorado

It's not my place to say why the players were dismissed, but coach has his reasons, and they don't involve anyone voicing a "difference of opinion" yesterday, unless that may have been the "final straw".

As for the rest of you that continue to gripe and bitch and moan, Coach Z says ANY ONE OF YOU is welcome to come and speak with him personally if you'd like to get clearer insight as to why he's building the program the way he is. And he was serious when he told me that last night after the coach's show. And if any of you honestly think you have the solutions that will turn this season around and put things on the right track, I wholeheartedly invite you to accept his invitation. If all you want to do is pile frustrations from years of losing programs on his back, I wouldn't recommend it.

We are all frustrated, including the coaches and players. Even Brad and I are frustrated. There are positive and helpful ways to express frustration and do something about it, and there are negative ways to express frustration and just add to the problem. We all have a choice to either be part of the solution or part of the problem. If I want to be part of the solution and I'm not sure how to do that, then I'd check with Donna in the Bengal Foundation to see what I could do to help, or I'd even decide to take up Coach Z on his offer and I'd make an appointment to speak with him...or I'd do the same thing with Jeff Tingey. I'd find out what I CAN DO to help, or I guess I can just keep being part of the problem.

I totally understand that fan boards are for bragging and talking and even bitching and moaning. But if you think you're accomplishing something positive by just posting here, think again. Talk is cheap...it takes action to accomplish.

I again acknowledge deep frustration by many of us. I don't begrudge you your feelings...I just want to be part of the solution, and I'm trying to find out how to best make it happen.

GO BENGALS!

That is just want I needed to read this morning. Thank you, VOTB. You and Brad keep your heads up and things will work out.

I have ZERO doubt that Zamberlin will do what is necessary---and if he cannot do it, I doubt anyone can.

I had to think about this response for a minute. VOTB you are correct about this, but on the other hand fans see the same thing game after game, they do get frustrated. And as a coach, I understand what coach Z is going through. Sometimes fans use boards as a venting page. Instead of lashing out at the coach, I would rather the fans put it on the board then in my face.
Coach Z knows what is going on. There is plenty of other coaches reading this shit and reporting back to him.
Coach Z in my opinion, is a good coach, he will get this team turned around. And the shit we put on the board means nothing to him I assure you.
I would like to go back on the "release of a player". We have a great D-line man in Demo. Coaches we need to get him back into the office, close the door. Resign him back on the team. A one game suspension, run the bleachers, make all practices and stand on the sideline the next game so show the other players that the coaches are in charge. But we cannot dismiss a player over our own pride.
This is a leader of the team. One of the best I’ve seen. (At the 3). Whatever it takes, coach’s swallow it up and get him back……Thank you

Get-Em Z

I've decided to be supportive and give John Zamberlin 10 years, or at least 8 like Lewis... I love ISU, and it's just too painful to watch this year, so in order not to be too critical anymore, I'm just gonna stay away, watch my Texas Longhorns dominate, and come back next year hoping that strides have been made. I believe that Zamberlin can get it done, but man he has a ton to do... I simply CANNOT wait for our hoops team to take their frustrations out on people!

Isn't there a section called "bengal smack" for this kind of stuff? I enjoy reading all the post, but would like to be able to read a post that is about football, technique even some constructive criticism...(i.e. this play should have been called, or he shouldn't have missed that tackle, or they did great in the second quarter)... instead, i come here and have to read our own fans "talking smack" about our program.

I'm a first year fan, and fully aware of the 0-6 record, but will continue to support the program just as i did my son's high school in the past. that's what fans do, right? You see it all the time; the hardcore Dodger fans buy their "dodger gear" before the season begins and wear it regardless of losses...

I think everyone has the right post their opinion, but i think this board has dedicated a section for that called "bengal smack"...

I know the athletes read these boards, and i think reading this kind of "smack" is negative...

JMO

Go bengals!!

p.s. i'll be at this weeks game (my first game)! can't wait to meet superfan (the guy with the flag?)!

No, this should be on the general board. Bengal Smack would be talking smack between fans from other schools. You'll get used to this, bickering amongst ourselves. It's not smack, we just need to bitch at each other, it makes us feel better. It's not really smack talk.

21 losing seasons in 27 years. 2 out of 3 games lost in 27 years. 1 conference championship in 27 years to the best of my knowledge.

There is a big problem and its not coaching.

Hey, didn't Weber do drastic facility improvements a couple years ago??
I'll be curious to see how they end up doing this year.

Latest posts

Back