• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Quarterbacks

I still think that ISU may bring in a transfer to compete for the job, and if this is the case then I do hope that BSU QB Ryan Finley would consider contacting Kramer and staff in hopes of continuing his career at ISU.

Finley played sparingly for the Broncos his redshirt freshman year, and he went 16-for-26 for 129 yards against Washington earlier this season. He then threw for 297 yards against BYU. Finley got injured in the ISU game in September and never did return to reclaim his starting job after true freshman Brett Rypien played so well in relief.

It looks like Rypien will be their starter for the next three years, so Finley may just decide to stay at BSU and sit on the bench for his last two years there. But if he did decide to transfer to a 1-A school then he'd only have a year left of eligibility since he's already burned his redshirt year. Although the NCAA may grant him an extra year of eligibility because of his injury earlier in the year; I'm not sure what their rulings would be in this case. If they did give him an extra year then he'd have three years to play for a 1-AA team and he may wish to continue his career at ISU or another Big Sky school.

boisebengal said:
I still think that ISU may bring in a transfer to compete for the job, and if this is the case then I do hope that BSU QB Ryan Finley would consider contacting Kramer and staff in hopes of continuing his career at ISU.

Finley played sparingly for the Broncos his redshirt freshman year, and he went 16-for-26 for 129 yards against Washington earlier this season. He then threw for 297 yards against BYU. Finley got injured in the ISU game in September and never did return to reclaim his starting job after true freshman Brett Rypien played so well in relief.

It looks like Rypien will be their starter for the next three years, so Finley may just decide to stay at BSU and sit on the bench for his last two years there. But if he did decide to transfer to a 1-A school then he'd only have a year left of eligibility since he's already burned his redshirt year. Although the NCAA may grant him an extra year of eligibility because of his injury earlier in the year; I'm not sure what their rulings would be in this case. If they did give him an extra year then he'd have three years to play for a 1-AA team and he may wish to continue his career at ISU or another Big Sky school.

I agree with you that Finley would be a good prospect.

up for the challenge said:
boisebengal said:

I agree with you that Finley would be a good prospect.
That'd be a good idea. Keep in mind that Findley is from Phoenix, AZ and went to high school 10 minutes away from where Sanders went to school. So I'm sure he would contact Michael asking about ISU. Just sayin

bengalcub said:
Bengalfanatic2014 said:
The fact is Kramer seems to be very hard on his QB's. He seems to struggle with keep them around. I mean look how many have left since he has been here kragthorpe, sessions, jewell, delacensarie, and now sanders. Granted some weren't Kramers fault like Kragthorpe but it seems that QB's struggle with confidence with Kramer coaching them. Players won't play well with no confidence and kramer is the king in taking confidence away from his QB's. I wish sanders the best of luck but I think we will be just fine with Gueller.

Kramer is a grump ass when he loses. He throws everyone under the bus. It shocks me and amazes me at times. But the truth is I don't see it as a lack of confidence, I see it more as kids that cannot handle the pressure or don't have the talent to play at this level. Arias and Yost faired pretty good considering the pressure from the Big Human.

Exactly, the Big Human throws everyone under the bus and hardly ever takes personal responsibility. He leads by intimidation instead of motivation.

We all acknowledge that he does this. But, if he was such a bad coach to play for...why don't we see tons of kids leaving the program year after year. Kramer's retention of players is higher than any coach that I can remember. Why is that?

BTW, I think he throws kids under the bus on Saturday's in the post game. Then he accepts the lions share of the responsibility Wednesday nights on the coaches show and on the pregame show the next weekend.

It appears that we cry about it more than the players do.

Kramer just gets frustrated with players and is critical of them because he cannot win games. He is happy that they are doing well with their apr's and graduation rate.

Kramer just gets frustrated with players and is critical of them because he cannot win games. He is happy that they are doing well with their apr's and graduation rate.

Oh sweet Jesus. I have personally known players from EWU and MSU who played for Kramer, and they would gladly chew off their arms for the guy.

I can tell you from experience that in circumstances like this, you'll only hear one side of the story. Well maybe two, since some on here like up for the challenge like to report opinion as fact. Welcome to the Faux News generation. I can tell you that there have been players from many a generation who are coached to the best of everybody's ability, but come game time, they revert or ignore what they have been told. Did that happen here? Maybe. Don't really care.

Kramer's probably a little more old school than most want. Forgive him for holding players personally responsible. Forgive him for not unleashing rainbows during pressers.

Coach McElwain of Florida calls out players, such as his quarterbacks, when they aren't performing as coached or to potential. There a lots of others who do the same. Do some of you really think that when coach calls out a player in a presser, that is the only time it's ever brought up? Do you really think that there aren't meetings with coaches and players to discuss what went wrong?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-gators/os-gators-football-0910-20150909-story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JJB said:

Oh sweet Jesus. I have personally known players from EWU and MSU who played for Kramer, and they would gladly chew off their arms for the guy.

I can tell you from experience that in circumstances like this, you'll only hear one side of the story. Well maybe two, since some on here like up for the challenge like to report opinion as fact. Welcome to the Faux News generation. I can tell you that there have been players from many a generation who are coached to the best of everybody's ability, but come game time, they revert or ignore what they have been told. Did that happen here? Maybe. Don't really care.

Kramer's probably a little more old school than most want. Forgive him for holding players personally responsible. Forgive him for not unleashing rainbows during pressers.

Coach McElwain of Florida calls out players, such as his quarterbacks, when they aren't performing as coached or to potential. There a lots of others who do the same. Do some of you really think that when coach calls out a player in a presser, that is the only time it's ever brought up? Do you really think that there aren't meetings with coaches and players to discuss what went wrong?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-gators/os-gators-football-0910-20150909-story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yeah and look how GREAT Florida did at the QB position this year with that type of coaching.

Yeah, they really sucked. From 7-5 last year to 10-3 this year. First in the SEC east division. Played for the SEC championship.

They really sucked.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for accountability just not out for all to see/hear.

Cub's point is a good one. We are not loosing players in waves.

Maybe I should just chill for another 30 years.

What are you talking about JJB - Like to report opinion as fact? We all have our opinions why Sanders is leaving ISU. Losing a QB that started most of the season is not good news.

KPVI Channel 6 is supposed to have a one-on-one interview with Sanders tonight at 5 and 10. We can hear from him whether his scholarship was revoked, like some have claimed, whether he has a problem with Kramer, as some have claimed, whether he wants more playing time, like some have claimed, or whether he has another reason altogether.

I have been on this site for a long time. I don't know that we have had this active of a debate in a long time. I love it.

sasquatch said:
KPVI Channel 6 is supposed to have a one-on-one interview with Sanders tonight at 5 and 10. We can hear from him whether his scholarship was revoked, like some have claimed, whether he has a problem with Kramer, as some have claimed, whether he wants more playing time, like some have claimed, or whether he has another reason altogether.
Soooo... it's well after 5, did anyone see the Sanders interview? Information? I can't find anything on Channel 6's website.

BengalBannMan said:
sasquatch said:
Soooo... it's well after 5, did anyone see the Sanders interview? Information? I can't find anything on Channel 6's website.

I didn't see it but I hope he takes the high road and I think he will..

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/members/isu-fb-qb-sanders-to-seek-transfer-from-idaho-state/article_0cc5c1ae-f6d2-5142-89d8-71ebad2c3a44.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bhumble said:
BengalBannMan said:
sasquatch said:

I didn't see it but I hope he takes the high road and I think he will..
Any interview I saw with Sanders, critical or not, he always spoke with class. I think he's a good guy, and agree he'll say whatever he has to say with class.

Here you go.

http://www.kpvi.com/content/sports/story/Michael-Sanders-Leaving-Idaho-State/NIVNdng0jESrEbBOCeEw2g.cspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I watched it at 5:00 but didn't want to paraphrase. This was the 10:00 report, and it was similar to what they reported at 5:00. At 5:00, Sanders did say ISU's offense is a complicated offense to learn, and he only had 3 weeks to learn it before he was thrown into it.

sasquatch said:
We can hear from him whether his scholarship was revoked, like some have claimed, whether he has a problem with Kramer, as some have claimed, whether he wants more playing time, like some have claimed, or whether he has another reason altogether.

Still remains a stand up kid... sounds to me like his reason for leaving is a mixture of all of the above. (Except having his scholarship revoked) He said he was "leaving a full scholarship from a Division I school."
Sounds like his decision.

In my opinion, this is a positive for the football program. From what I understand mike is a good kid that was liked by his teammates, however as a QB in this system you need to be the leader. It was apparent watching that he was not comfortable in that role. I think Mike will find much more success at the Div II level where his skill set fits better. I watched every game and and several practices and I would say that we are in a good position going forward with our two young QB's. Tanner made some mistakes last yr from his lack of experience, but has much higher upside and the team played much better when he was in the game. The staff felt that he and the freshman (kvinsland) were the future of the program and made the decision also giving Sanders and opportunity to transfer if he wished. I don't think they will take another transfer QB if they can get one of the HS QB's they are recruiting.

Latest posts

Back