• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Quarterbacks

Benny_The_Bengal445 said:
bengalcub said:
More will leave if it is an epidemic and the opinion is as widely shared as you state. Especially those who have redshirt years.
Most of the players on the team see it. It doesn't mean they have to leave because they see it or are the ones receiving the bulk of the beating from Kramer. As Madison said the way Kramer treated Sanders was on another level

I would expect more graduating seniors to make their opinion known, now that the seal has been broken. Then again maybe Sanders was just the whipping boy. I suppose Tanner Gueller will be leaving too.

bengalcub said:
bengalcub said:
More will leave if it is an epidemic and the opinion is as widely shared as you state. Especially those who have redshirt years.
Most of the players on the team see it. It doesn't mean they have to leave because they see it or are the ones receiving the bulk of the beating from Kramer. As Madison said the way Kramer treated Sanders was on another level

I would expect more graduating seniors to make their opinion known, now that the seal has been broken. Then again maybe Sanders was just the whipping boy. I suppose Tanner Gueller will be leaving too.
I don't believe tanner will I think that he is pretty much the guarunteed starter next year. And that he doesn't want to leave the money

bengalcub said:
bengalcub said:

I don't believe tanner will I think that he is pretty much the guarunteed starter next year. And that he doesn't want to leave the money

You never know. With Sanders voluntarily quitting the team that may have opened up another scholarship right away for Kramer and he may use that scholarship to sign another transfer as Gueller has only a little bit of playing experience and his backup QB's do not have any college playing experience at QB. Kramer is bitting his nails again since he does not have Sanders coming back as the backup QB to Gueller. If Gueller is not available for whatever reasons than what?

I created the topic "Quarterbacks". My first post read the following:

Kramer has said all season long that he needs his QB's to throw for first downs and score touchdowns on every possession to have a winning season. I wonder if he plans to sign another JUCO QB for the 2016 and 2017 seasons as he was not satisfied with his QB's play this season?

You knew something was up, when Kramer came out already and named Tanner the starter, he only completed 54% of his passes and only 5 TD's and 8 int's.
I don't blame Mike either for transferring if what Madison said is true.
I just don't see the offense getting any better if Cross stays at QB coach and offensive coordinator.
Kramer doesn't trust him, that's pretty obvious. So Kramer needs to get someone he can trust.
Anyone can learn how to use Twitter.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a transfer QB either, but I see it more as a backup qb, and to inspire competition at that position. I feel that Tanner is the starting QB for the next three years. I like the idea of having a 3 year starter. When was the last time that happened at ISU?

notabengalalum said:
Interesting post today on Facebook, Home Field Advantage, by Madison Mangum relative to the Sanders situation:

"I'd like to chime in here and defend Michael, and perhaps bring to light the issue that those outside of the team do not see. As one with first hand experience and as an eye witness to the situation, I don't blame Michael for making the choice to transfer. In voicing my opinion, I don't wish to bad mouth Coach Kramer, but only to present what I saw and heard on a daily basis. Michael (and Tanner for that matter) was belittled, bullied, cussed at, and screamed at on almost a daily basis. The words of disdain, anger, and rage from Coach Kramer's mouth were appalling and many teammates (I'm not alone) and I oftentimes felt sad for Michael and what he had to deal with. It is actually impressive that Michael did not lose his confidence sooner than he did. No offense meant to my man Justin Arias, but Justin did not experience even near the same level of wrath and disrespect from Coach Kramer as Michael did. I'm all for being mentally tough and overcoming adversity, but this was a whole new level that I'd never seen before, and AGAIN I do not blame Michael whatsoever for making the choice to get out of here and to enjoy his senior season."

WOW!! How can you be successful with this environment?

bhumble said:
notabengalalum said:
Interesting post today on Facebook, Home Field Advantage, by Madison Mangum relative to the Sanders situation:

"I'd like to chime in here and defend Michael, and perhaps bring to light the issue that those outside of the team do not see. As one with first hand experience and as an eye witness to the situation, I don't blame Michael for making the choice to transfer. In voicing my opinion, I don't wish to bad mouth Coach Kramer, but only to present what I saw and heard on a daily basis. Michael (and Tanner for that matter) was belittled, bullied, cussed at, and screamed at on almost a daily basis. The words of disdain, anger, and rage from Coach Kramer's mouth were appalling and many teammates (I'm not alone) and I oftentimes felt sad for Michael and what he had to deal with. It is actually impressive that Michael did not lose his confidence sooner than he did. No offense meant to my man Justin Arias, but Justin did not experience even near the same level of wrath and disrespect from Coach Kramer as Michael did. I'm all for being mentally tough and overcoming adversity, but this was a whole new level that I'd never seen before, and AGAIN I do not blame Michael whatsoever for making the choice to get out of here and to enjoy his senior season."

WOW!! How can you be successful with this environment?
Steve Spurrier
Bo Pelini
Nick Saban
:oops:

I know Tingey said Kramer had the job as long as he wanted it, but I also recall that the player pushing incident from years ago put that in some doubt at the time. Now, with Mangum's input I wonder about how Tingey will react. I doubt Sanders is the only one moving on. Recruits will pick up on current events. There may not be a recruiting class, or a very poor one. The sun may be setting on Bengal football. Does Hofstra ring a bell?

otis campbell said:
I know Tingey said Kramer had the job as long as he wanted it, but I also recall that the player pushing incident from years ago put that in some doubt at the time. Now, with Mangum's input I wonder about how Tingey will react. I doubt Sanders is the only one moving on. Recruits will pick up on current events. There may not be a recruiting class, or a very poor one. The sun may be setting on Bengal football. Does Hofstra ring a bell?

Hofstra
Northridge
Pacific
Long Beach State
Cal State Fullerton
Saint Mary's

Myself and others have said that you can list a lot of factors for the lack of success in football, including location, demographics, lack of money, and so on. Truth be told, the biggest obstacle ISU faces is itself. It has been its own worst enemy.

I said before, I'm all for personal responsibility. I don't have a problem with players being called out in interviews or pressers. They're big boys and can handle that kind of pressure. If what Mangum said is true, this goes beyond the normal level of coaching up a player. For that I'm sorry and saddened. There should have been a closer eye on the behavior after the pushing incident a few years back.

bhumble said:
Tingey won't say a word because it reflects on his abilities too.
This doesn't have anything to do with Tingeys ability.
You have 5 kids, one grows up to losee site of right and wrong for a time in their life and ends up in jail, the other four successful. Does that make your abilities as a parent shown to be lacking?

BengalBannMan said:
bhumble said:
You have 5 kids, one grows up to losee site of right and wrong for a time in their life and ends up in jail, the other four successful. Does that make your abilities as a parent shown to be lacking?

No but if I'm a CEO and one of my managers treats his employees like Kramer treated his players you must take action. Especially after the pushing gig. If Tingey didn't know about this he should have and if he did know and didn't do anything about it that's worse.

I seen this coming mid-Season!! Kramer Dog the kid in the media, what do you think he did in meetings? I personally did not like the play of Sanders, but how could he gain any confidence week to week with Kramer on his A**, I hope Sanders well and hope he finds a coach that supports him! I just hope this don't open a flood gate for the younger guys on the bengals roster

bhumble said:
BengalBannMan said:
bhumble said:

No but if I'm a CEO and one of my managers treats his employees like Kramer treated his players you must take action. Especially after the pushing gig. If Tingey didn't know about this he should have and if he did know and didn't do anything about it that's worse.
Very true. And if you're that CEO, you take care of that problem in house and behind closed doors. You don't do it with the media outlets. You won't, and you never will hear what happens within organizations on how they deal with their sections of business that need to be addressed.

Bengals4lyfe said:
I seen this coming mid-Season!! Kramer Dog the kid in the media, what do you think he did in meetings? I personally did not like the play of Sanders, but how could he gain any confidence week to week with Kramer on his A**, I hope Sanders well and hope he finds a coach that supports him! I just hope this don't open a flood gate for the younger guys on the bengals roster

What about recruits? They won't want to come to this toxic environment. This is ugly at all levels.

Latest posts

Back