• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Quarterbacks

isubengalfan said:
In my opinion, this is a positive for the football program. From what I understand mike is a good kid that was liked by his teammates, however as a QB in this system you need to be the leader. It was apparent watching that he was not comfortable in that role. I think Mike will find much more success at the Div II level where his skill set fits better. I watched every game and and several practices and I would say that we are in a good position going forward with our two young QB's. Tanner made some mistakes last yr from his lack of experience, but has much higher upside and the team played much better when he was in the game. The staff felt that he and the freshman (kvinsland) were the future of the program and made the decision also giving Sanders and opportunity to transfer if he wished. I don't think they will take another transfer QB if they can get one of the HS QB's they are recruiting.

Well said sir.

Wanna know how I know this isn't Kramer's fault, and therefore a not a negative situation? The Idaho State Journal isn't reporting it!
With Kyle Franko gone, we can rely in the ISJ to be back to reporting ONLY the NEGATIVES of the community and mainly ISU.
So there ya have it folks!.... Sanders leaving is not a negative.

(Just making fun of the Journal. :-) this in NO way is saying I'm glad Sanders is leaving. I like Michael Sanders. He's a great guy!)

Benny_The_Bengal445 said:
bengalcub said:
Bengalfanatic2014 said:
The fact is Kramer seems to be very hard on his QB's. He seems to struggle with keep them around. I mean look how many have left since he has been here kragthorpe, sessions, jewell, delacensarie, and now sanders. Granted some weren't Kramers fault like Kragthorpe but it seems that QB's struggle with confidence with Kramer coaching them. Players won't play well with no confidence and kramer is the king in taking confidence away from his QB's. I wish sanders the best of luck but I think we will be just fine with Gueller.

Kramer is a grump ass when he loses. He throws everyone under the bus. It shocks me and amazes me at times. But the truth is I don't see it as a lack of confidence, I see it more as kids that cannot handle the pressure or don't have the talent to play at this level. Arias and Yost faired pretty good considering the pressure from the Big Human.
If I recall sanders did pretty well in his first year compared to how arias did in his first year. Arias also had over 200 more attempts. So as much as people want to bash sanders, he did just as well as arias. Look for yourself.
http://stats.washingtonpost.com/cfb/players.asp?id=208282" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://stats.washingtonpost.com/cfb/players.asp?id=257465" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not only was Sanders ranked #5 in QB's in the Big Sky based on his stats but was also the only player on the ISU football team to be honored as the Big Sky Root Sports Player of the Week. Sanders family and his Arizona JC coaches encouraged Sanders to transfer - Sanders made the right decision to leave ISU. A new head coach will give him the respect he deserves and will be very happy to have Sanders on his team.

Interesting post today on Facebook, Home Field Advantage, by Madison Mangum relative to the Sanders situation:

"I'd like to chime in here and defend Michael, and perhaps bring to light the issue that those outside of the team do not see. As one with first hand experience and as an eye witness to the situation, I don't blame Michael for making the choice to transfer. In voicing my opinion, I don't wish to bad mouth Coach Kramer, but only to present what I saw and heard on a daily basis. Michael (and Tanner for that matter) was belittled, bullied, cussed at, and screamed at on almost a daily basis. The words of disdain, anger, and rage from Coach Kramer's mouth were appalling and many teammates (I'm not alone) and I oftentimes felt sad for Michael and what he had to deal with. It is actually impressive that Michael did not lose his confidence sooner than he did. No offense meant to my man Justin Arias, but Justin did not experience even near the same level of wrath and disrespect from Coach Kramer as Michael did. I'm all for being mentally tough and overcoming adversity, but this was a whole new level that I'd never seen before, and AGAIN I do not blame Michael whatsoever for making the choice to get out of here and to enjoy his senior season."

Well then. With that said by Madison, I had to erase my previous comment. I trust what Madison says, and must say that I would hope that by Sanders leaving, it helps Tanners situation by Kramer settling down a bit towards him. So I guess we all owe that thanks to Sanders for making a statement.

Arias has this to say...

"Have to be able to handle adversity and be competitive. If a coach let me know I lost my starting spot, I would be doing everything I could trying to earn my position back as Akilah Lacey mentioned. Competition is what makes you better.

Sounds like the pressure of living up to lofty expectations may have gotten to the Big Human. Might shed some light on the fact that the offense could never get on track."

Some things need to be addressed this off season.

notabengalalum said:
Interesting post today on Facebook, Home Field Advantage, by Madison Mangum relative to the Sanders situation:

"I'd like to chime in here and defend Michael, and perhaps bring to light the issue that those outside of the team do not see. As one with first hand experience and as an eye witness to the situation, I don't blame Michael for making the choice to transfer. In voicing my opinion, I don't wish to bad mouth Coach Kramer, but only to present what I saw and heard on a daily basis. Michael (and Tanner for that matter) was belittled, bullied, cussed at, and screamed at on almost a daily basis. The words of disdain, anger, and rage from Coach Kramer's mouth were appalling and many teammates (I'm not alone) and I oftentimes felt sad for Michael and what he had to deal with. It is actually impressive that Michael did not lose his confidence sooner than he did. No offense meant to my man Justin Arias, but Justin did not experience even near the same level of wrath and disrespect from Coach Kramer as Michael did. I'm all for being mentally tough and overcoming adversity, but this was a whole new level that I'd never seen before, and AGAIN I do not blame Michael whatsoever for making the choice to get out of here and to enjoy his senior season."

Sanders story on Channel 6 why he is leaving ISU. He tells it like it was.

Four months after arriving at Idaho State University, former Bengals starting quarterback Michael Sanders announced he would be leaving the program and transferring to another school.
Sanders came to ISU from Scottsdale Community College where he threw for over 3,500 yards and 35 touchdowns, but Sanders didn't enjoy that same success in Pocatello. In an exclusive interview with KPVI he said it's because ISU wasn't the right fit since he got to fall camp.
"I just didn't feel it was the right fit for me here at Idaho State,” said Sanders. “I just didn't mesh well into the program and obviously we didn't have a good year, and going into my senior year I kind of want to be in a better environment."
Just months after arriving at Idaho State Michael Sanders is saying goodbye. The former Bengals quarterback tells KPVI it was never a perfect marriage between him and ISU and it was time for him to leave.
"It just wasn't the right fit; it wasn't the environment I wanted to be in,” said Sanders. “It's unfortunate because I really would have liked to be here but I just have to move on."
Sanders made the decision to transfer over Thanksgiving break when he returned home to Arizona. A decision that he says was very difficult to come to.
"It's obviously a very tough decision to make leaving a full scholarship at a Division I school, something I worked hard to get, but back home in Arizona with my family and my coaches at my junior college we felt like it was the best thing to do for my future," said Sanders.
The junior was anointed the starting quarterback as soon as he stepped on campus in the fall. He says there isn't a specific reason for leaving, but he felt the pressure of losing and he didn't mesh well with the old school coaching style of Mike Kramer.
"The key is to find the type of coach you can play the best for, and I wasn't able to play at my best ability with that type of coaching," said Sanders.
Sanders believes he regressed as a quarterback this season because he was trying to learn a new offense on the fly, and when things didn't go well on offense he shouldered a lot of the blame.
"I'm fine with that. It is what it is, you accept that playing the position,” said Sanders. “When you're losing like we were losing there is a lot of things that go into that, but I don't take it to heart. That's part of playing quarterback."
Despite transferring from ISU Sanders says he is leaving on good terms as Kramer understood the move, and he hopes to see the Bengals succeed in the future.
"I wish them nothing but the best of luck,” said Sanders. “I hope they have a great year. For the players keep working hard and hopefully they can turn it around next year and get it going again."
Sanders leaves Idaho State after one season where he threw 21 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. Sanders says he will transfer to a Division II school so he can play right away, and he expects to decide on a school within the next week.
The Idaho State Athletic Department declined to comment on Sanders transferring, but they wish him the best of luck in his future playing career.

notabengalalum said:

Great post! This is literally what I've been saying all year but no one wanted to believe me... Hmm maybe I know some stuff the average person doesn't...

notabengalalum said:

Great post! This is literally what I've been saying all year but no one wanted to believe me... Hmm maybe I know some stuff the average person doesn't...

It looks like you were fine with him until October 25th. Never ever let anyone make you believe that you are average...

bengalcub said:
notabengalalum said:

It looks like you were fine with him until October 25th. Never ever let anyone make you believe that you are average...
Actually that is where you are so wrong my friend :lol:

bengalcub said:
notabengalalum said:

I am personal friends with some players on the team and have been hearing this all year... But you still won't believe that seeing that you think you know everything :lol:
Oh and Sanders has multiple big D2 schools that have offered him already but I mean everyone can believe what they want or they can believe what I'm saying your call!

You said that you had been saying it here all year and nobody believed you. Your first negative comment came on the 25th of October.

What I have read today really concerns me as a fan.

bengalcub said:
You said that you had been saying it here all year and nobody believed you. Your first negative comment came on the 25th of October.

What I have read today really concerns me as a fan.
Maybe but you have always been the first one to come out and say I didn't know what I was talking about or that none of the other players have had problems with him. Well this came out today and Madison said everything that I've said because every other player sees this. Some people should just keep their mouth shut when they really don't know what's been going on in the program :) I still stand by my statement I said and that is to fire Kramer. Whether you agree or disagree I still probably know more than you do :coffee:

bengalcub said:
notabengalalum said:

I am personal friends with some players on the team and have been hearing this all year... But you still won't believe that seeing that you think you know everything :lol:
Oh and Sanders has multiple big D2 schools that have offered him already but I mean everyone can believe what they want or they can believe what I'm saying your call!

Sanders voluntarily quit the team therefore his scholarship could not be renewed. I am not sure about the NCAA rules about scholarship availability but I would assume that opens up another scholarship right away for Kramer this recruiting season since Sanders left the team. Maybe, he will find another Justin Arias this recruiting season but I doubt it. Other players on the team may not leave the program voluntarily but look for Kramer not to renew some players scholarships that he recruited and signed.

More will leave if it is an epidemic and the opinion is as widely shared as you state. Especially those who have redshirt years.

up for the challenge said:
bengalcub said:
notabengalalum said:

Sanders voluntarily quit the team therefore his scholarship could not be renewed. I am not sure about the NCAA rules about scholarship availability but I would assume that opens up another scholarship right away for Kramer this recruiting season since Sanders left the team. Maybe, he will find another Justin Arias this recruiting season but I doubt it. Other players on the team may not leave the program voluntarily but look for Kramer not to renew some players scholarships that he recruited and signed.
This did open up a scholarship for ISU that is correct

bengalcub said:
More will leave if it is an epidemic and the opinion is as widely shared as you state. Especially those who have redshirt years.
Most of the players on the team see it. It doesn't mean they have to leave because they see it or are the ones receiving the bulk of the beating from Kramer. As Madison said the way Kramer treated Sanders was on another level

Latest posts

Back