• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Recruiting 2014

There's also been some news that there recruiting a kid from Minnesota, named Gulaid Warsame, as a walk on during spring ball he graduated with the Class of 2013 and turned down some Offers from other D-1AA school as well as D-2 schools to stay at home and care for a sick family member. Below are some of his junior and senior highlights.
He's pretty solid, speedy, hard hitter, also has good ball skills and footwork,
They could use him on defensive as a Cornerback (5'10,175lbs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4cCMeuQ7Ig" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0io3jER5w0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is Gulaid Warsame enrolled at ISU or is he being recruited to walk on? Also I have heard that Kevin Shepard who was a Borah WR a couple years back is on the roster for spring. He was a very good player in high school.

Walk-ons are not scholarship type of players. Recruiting is about finding the most talented players at the high school level or JUCO's and offering them a scholarship. The ones that are not offered a scholarship can walk-on if they choose to do so.

Now, let's get back to some real recruiting. Was there any JUCO players offered and did they give a verbal commitment?

I know I'm just trying to say that this kid could be a guaranteed walk-on to earn a scholarship right away maybe during spring ball or summer camp. I know that there is many open scholarships left so they probably would give him an offer. This kid could make a difference in the secondary as they were ranked 62nd in Pass defense and 94th in passes intercepted. They are extremely lacking depth with the DB's and need to recruit some play makers like this kid to make a difference.

Well judging from the last couple of years he hasn't been doing good and it seems like lots of recruits are backing off from a school with consecutive losing streaks and going to winning schools. What I'm trying to say is this kid is good and needs to be on the team come spring ball.

Kramer has said in the past that he will offer scholarships to walk-ons if they prove they are a scholarship type of player. It is difficult for a walk-on to play in front of a scholarship player.

Matt Brown said:
Well judging from the last couple of years he hasn't been doing good and it seems like lots of recruits are backing off from a school with consecutive losing streaks and going to winning schools. What I'm trying to say is this kid is good and needs to be on the team come spring ball.

Is this true about recruits backing off from a school with consecutive losing streaks and going to winning schools? Is ISU becoming a preferred walk-on type of program where Kramer is giving scholarships to walk-ons with high GPA's to boost the APR ratings? We all know this has happened under Kramer's leadership the last 3 seasons which is good for the APR ratings but not so good for the winning of football games and recruiting. I prefer winning of football games rather than a perfect 1000 APR rating.

no arguments sniper. Is it possible for you to stop using profanity as a choice of words when making a post? we are talking recruiting 2014 here. what is your opinion on recruiting 2014 otherwise start your own thread.

is is possible for you to admit that there are at least 2 people who post under your damn account? is is possible for you to quit beating the same damn juco this and dropdown that bs drum? is it possible for you to start your own damn thread instead of highjacking all of them with the same damn juco/dropdown badmouthng Kramer bullshit? is it possible your mom wants you to stop playing on the damn computer?

jeez ...

...MEANWHILE....BACK TO RECRUITING NEWS.....Signing day is this coming Wednesday.......anyone have any additional tidbits ?.....rumors ?.....grapevine items ?.....I'm starving and will have a tough time making it until Wednesday.....SOMEBODY....Toss me some news....please..... :notworthy:

Did we get a verbal commitment from JUCO running back Treyous Jarrells during his visit last weekend? He is probably Kramer's #1 recruit. We need this player on our offense as he has the speed to pick up big yardage and score touchdowns. Any other JUCO players visiting this weekend? We need experienced impact players to win games in the Big Sky in 2014 otherwise another long season for the Bengals in 2014 as the schedule will be much tougher.

spartan - I am not bad mouthing Kramer. He is a good coach but he is building the program through mostly high school players and walk-ons which may or may not produce wins in the future. So far it has not worked for him and there are no guarantees that his signing of mostly high school players and giving walk-ons scholarships with high GPA's to improve the APR ratings will work for him in the future. He has only won two big sky games in the last three years so what does that tell you? Weber State, a program that lost every Big Sky game before playing us should have been a wake up call for Kramer as that was a total nightmare for the program losing 32 - 7. Everybody is tired of Kramer's excuses why he is not able to win, ie. APR problems, young players, past coaches, etc.

By the way, we here from you every season that the team has quit halfway through the season because they are not winning. I wonder why? Maybe it is time for the Bengals to drop down to D-II if they cannot win in the Big Sky. The Bengals find away to win against weak DII teams every season. Wake up about recruiting..

ISU has offered a DT from St John Bosco HS, Ivan Martinez, 6-1 275
ISU needs size on the defensive line.

Not only do we need size but we need speed and defensive players that can wrap up and make tackles and DB's that can cover the receivers and have the ability to make interceptions on passing plays. Tired of watching running backs and receivers going untouched walking into the end zone.

so... (not) up for (any?) challenge... the answer to my list of possibilities for you was no.. you just can't stop bringing up the same pointless bullshit

by the way... your last two posts were written by two different individuals

will one of you please go away

so Spartan.. what are your thoughts on the "Recruiting 2014" as I have not seen anything? At least I have my thoughts about recruiting and what I think Kramer should do turn around a losing program, i.e., recruit some JUCO players and obtain some step down players for the 2014 season. Up to Kramer how he recruits and who he signs as he is the head coach and responsible for his program. I will back the Bengals win or lose during the season but I still have my thoughts like everybody on this board. I am done posting until after Feb. 8 as tomorrow is Super Bowl Sunday and the rest of the week I will be busy. I will catch up with you next week.

https://twitter.com/lbregsports" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LB Register Sports ‏@lbregsports 9h
St. John Bosco defensive tackle Ivan Martinez picked up an offer from Idaho State today. He is expected to sign with ISU on Wednesday.

Latest posts

Back