• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Recruiting 2014

Read Greg Biggens tweet about Ivan Martinez, also Andre Pettis -Wilson was on an official visit this weekend to ISU. He is a highly thought of WR out of San Diego. This staff seems to be doing well in evaluating and recruiting good kids. I have heard from some of the veteran players that last years freshman class is very talented and they expect some of the red shirts to compete for serious playing time. If ISU can close out with most of these kids for this class they look to be on the right track.
Here is Martinez highlights
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/590202/highlights/75905375?autoplay=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and Pettis-Wilson
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/3254810/highlights/68975375" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Great point ISU Bengalfan. Its sad to see folks say that this recruiting class is not going well. They definitely have snagged up some gems so far. I was reading up on a player that is coming to ISU as a preferred walk-on. The thing that fans need to remember. ISU does not have a ton of scholarships to give this year. Some of the depth is going to come from PWO's that earn scholarships. Also the recruiting will continue after spring ball when some kids decide or our encouraged to go another direction.

Anyhow...

“I am going to attend Idaho State as a Preferred Walk on and could not be more excited,” said Coleton Collins of Lakeside in Washington. ”Coach Kramer asked me to trust him and believe in him. If I go up there and develop and play hard as well as pull the grades and all of that I will be given a scholarship for at least 3 years. I know nothing is guaranteed but I also know I can play Division 1 and can help the team succeed.”

We are talking about 6’4″- 210 lbs of top tier athlete right here. Great hands at he receiver slot and wide enough and fast enough to grow into an explosive TE or H-Back and if not there a good option at Outside Linebacker. We know what a Big Sky athlete looks like. This is guy is one of them. A substantial kid in our view with way above average athleticism which he proved as the MVP at camps and a guy who dominated his Senior Year. Idaho State still does not really realize the Cooper Kupp like kid they are getting; but they will.

Coleton continued, “There just were no scholarships to give. So I am going to go earn one. Bottom line is I loved the school, the coaches, and the facilities so I am 99% this is the place I am going.”

That is a great outcome for him and the Bengals.

...WOW....loved the story on the St John Bostic player...Martinez....a little "undersized" with a great motor....I would take that kind of kid everyday....and the WR Pettis-Wilson....after looking at his highlights....I sure hope he gets the opportunity to set the football down in the end zone MANY times wearing Orange and Black......"Keep them coming Coach Kramer"........excited for Wednesday to get here.... :thumb:

update on verbal commits
Hagen Graves WR Skyview Nampa
Tanner Guellar QB WF HS Chehalis Wa
Nate Page TE Highland HS
Andy Burtenshaw LS Pocatello HS
Jake Hogan OL Teton HS
James Madison DB Banning HS
Joe Martin DB/LB Spanaway Wa
Anthony Ricks CB Valley HS Ca
Nick Jones WR Valencia Ca
Ivan Martinez Dl Bosco HS Ca

St. John Bosco is the same high school Malik Dorton and Damien Mama played at. Dorton is a USC commit and Mama is a 5 star 6'6", 370 lb offensive line prospect expected to sign with USC on Wednesday. Bosco is a top high school in California along with Mater Dei, Long Beach Poly and Serra. This is a good pedigree for any recruit. Good job coach.

Hearing that both gave ISU a verbal this weekend. Two STUDS!!!

Cory Hollowell 6-3/185 CB

https://twitter.com/Cory7King" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLrEjnOo0UA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Demaurier Blackwell 6-3/240 OLB

https://twitter.com/younginTGOD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E779VeS1m2U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to all for posting facts & highlights about recruiting commitments & hopefuls. Looking forward to signing date to see what we have. Everything's looking up for a new season & beyond.

notupforANYchallenege have a good week! Hopefully your sons gf will log on and keep us informed. Her knowledge of football is ......... :rofl:

The caliber of athlete that Kramer continues to bring in compared to what he inherited is amazing. I become more and more disgusted with the previous coach.

VERBALS
1)Hagen Graves WR Skyview Nampa
2)Tanner Guellar QB WF HS Chehalis Wa
3)Nate Page TE Highland HS
4)Andy Burtenshaw LS Pocatello HS
5)Jake Hogan OL Teton HS
6)James Madison DB Banning HS
7)Joe Martin DB/LB Spanaway Wa
8)Anthony Ricks CB Valley HS Ca
9)Nick Jones WR Valencia Ca
10)Ivan Martinez Dl Bosco HS Ca
11)Cory Hollowell DB Orange Lutheran CA
12)Demaurier Blackwell LB Sacramento CA

Looks like Weber signed the defensive tackle from Gooding, Cole McGinnis, who's really got a motor. I hate to say this but Weber's has signed some pretty good recruits thus far, especially for having a first-year head coach. Hill's a very good recruiter. But I wish he'd just stay out of Idaho though, and stay down there in Utah. And just have ISU get the pick of the best high school athletes this state has to offer!

Coach Kramer gives insight into what we can expect tomorrow
https://twitter.com/kramertige51" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

....there is a recruiting party at the red lion this evening ....at 5:30 I think....call donna at 282-5773 for the details...not sure if Kramer could do both ....time wise....and I am pretty confident he will be at the red lion...maybe next week for the radio show...

.....BUT.....HERE WE GO FOLKS........ I have a weird (in a good way) feeling that we will look back in a few years at last year's recruiting class....coupled with this year's .....and feel that truly a foundation was laid...........I'm feeling a couple of great surprises are coming in with this year's class...... :nod:

I received an email that Blackwell changed his commitment after picking up a late offer from Colorado State. Can't blame the kid for making that decision. He looked like a player that may have started as a Freshman at LB for ISU. Very athletic. I wish him the best of luck at CSU.

I just looked at a picture of the St. John Bosco signing ceremony and Ivan Martinez was not at the table. Any idea what happened there? The day before the LA Times reported he was signing with the Bengals.

Latest posts

Back