• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Roos Field Renovation

Thank you Jack! You motivated me to make my small contribution yesterday. Wondering though, is the new turf being installed in the present location to be moved closer to the stands later when that phase of construction starts, or is the track being removed at the same time as the new turf going in?

nwray1 said:
Thank you Jack! You motivated me to make my small contribution yesterday. Wondering though, is the new turf being installed in the present location to be moved closer to the stands later when that phase of construction starts, or is the track being removed at the same time as the new turf going in?

That’s a great question, word is the $5mm gift will pay for the red turf replacement this offseason.

nwray1 said:

The field is not moving, it is staying in exactly the same place. The home side stands will be completely rebuilt and moved closer to the field. This will create a plaza area for concessions in front of the press box. Also, the number of seating rows will be reduced from 30 to 20ish which will allow more room for each seat. The overall home side seating number will not change despite extending an additional 30 yards. This will truly be a new rebuilt stadium with only the existing press box, scoreboard and field staying like what they were, and as we know the inside of the press box will be completely remodeled. This will not be a retrofit of the old stadium but truly a new stadium built in the same location with fan experience, comfort, and amenities coming first.

MLEagle said:
The field is not moving, it is staying in exactly the same place. The home side stands will be completely rebuilt and moved closer to the field. This will create a plaza area for concessions in front of the press box. Also, the number of seating rows will be reduced from 30 to 20ish which will allow more room for each seat. The overall home side seating number will not change despite extending an additional 30 yards. This will truly be a new rebuilt stadium with only the existing press box, scoreboard and field staying like what they were, and as we know the inside of the press box will be completely remodeled. This will not be a retrofit of the old stadium but truly a new stadium built in the same location with fan experience, comfort, and amenities coming first.

Well said. That’s the beauty of this project, it’s a brand new stadium and they’re keeping the existing press box. New west grandstand, new east grandstand with press/media box & the track is being removed. Removing the endzone grandstand seems unnecessary, and leaving those seats probably gets us to 10k capacity, but I can’t complain it’s a beautiful design.

We’re at 95 pages fellas :lol: let’s open up our wallets and help get this thing built! That would be a dream come true! GoEags!

They need to just leave the end zone seating where it is until that end gets completely bowled in. We’ll need that extra capacity for the bigger games.

EWURanger said:
They need to just leave the end zone seating where it is until that end gets completely bowled in. We’ll need that extra capacity for the bigger games.

Agreed.... without the bleachers there, we will just have a beautiful view of the parking lot anyways lol

Re: Roos Field Renovation

Post by scottywashere11 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:18 am

EWURanger wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:35 am
"They need to just leave the end zone seating where it is until that end gets completely bowled in. We’ll need that extra capacity for the bigger games."

"Agreed.... without the bleachers there, we will just have a beautiful view of the parking lot anyways lol"

HOWEVER, a plan to remove those existing bleachers, considering that the planners are strategic planners, creates three possibilities. (or more?)
1. Doing the net "no additional seats" improves existing seating quality and viewing at a minimum cost (25 mil) which planners evidently believed was the minimal contribution amount doable = minimum construction they considered possible.
2. End bleacher removal leaves a (ugly) hole that obviously needs to be filled in. This provides a continuing requirement (opportunity) for additional contributions, either immediate or continuing as construction moves forward. By that time contributors have already bought into the enhancement, may contribute more, or at a minimum, new contributors will join a successful program.
3. Retaining the existing bleachers could postpone forever(?) the need to replace them, but would increase the current "budget" in order to provide additional restroom and parking facilities.

Fundraising goal $20,000,000.00

Total donors of $100. or more

1000 $20,000.00
1100 $18,181.82
1200 $16,666.67
1300 $15,384.62
1400 $14,285.71
1500 $13,333.33
1600 $12,500.00
1700 $11,764.71
1800 $11,111.11
1900 $10,526.32
2000 $10,000.00
2100 $9,523.81
2200 $9,090.91
2300 $8,695.65
2400 $8,333.33
2500 $8,000.00
2600 $7,692.31
2700 $7,407.41
2800 $7,142.86
2900 $6,896.55
3000 $6,666.67
3100 $6,451.61
3200 $6,250.00
3300 $6,060.61
3400 $5,882.35
3500 $5,714.29
How many people make donations to EWU athletics? How much can/would people donate?

Nickeagle said:
Sell the “old” replaced turf to generate some money for the stadium renovation.
I would totally buy a chunk or two of that to put in my class room and my office at home!!....as long as they aren't selling it at gold standard. :)

Nickeagle said:
A football field is 160' w x 360' long = 57,600 sq ft. How much do you feel people would be willing to pay and how many would be willing to pay that amount?

clawman said:
Nickeagle said:
A football field is 160' w x 360' long = 57,600 sq ft. How much do you feel people would be willing to pay and how many would be willing to pay that amount?

Eastern could make some money selling off some square yards of the field, and it would be cool to own some of it. If I had my choice, I’d buy the black section of the end zone where Greg Herd caught the TD to seal the win over Villanova. But I can’t imagine demand would be all that high. The school might make $25k or thereabouts, selling to local bars and restaurants as a talking point.

the vast majority would wind up being recycled.

I would buy a piece. I think they'd sell at $25-$50 a sq ft. with possible "prime" pieces going for home...ie goal line pieces, end zone, numbered pieces, logo pieces ect. I'm frugal and would pay $50 for a piece to say I own a piece of the original red, I can't be alone.

LDopaPDX said:
clawman said:
Nickeagle said:

Eastern could make some money selling off some square yards of the field, and it would be cool to own some of it. If I had my choice, I’d buy the black section of the end zone where Greg Herd caught the TD to seal the win over Villanova. But I can’t imagine demand would be all that high. The school might make $25k or thereabouts, selling to local bars and restaurants as a talking point.

the vast majority would wind up being recycled.

25k is 1/4 of one %, got a ways to go!

I would really like some chart telling us how far we are along. It would drum up conversations and donatioms!

EWU98 said:
I would really like some chart telling us how far we are along. It would drum up conversations and donatioms!

$5,186,790
raised of $25,000,000 goal

It’s on the EWU page-Not sure when it was last updated though. Hasn’t been updated in over a week, I do know that. Ha
https://www.ewu.edu/stadium/

Are we still slipping behind our conference peers just more slowly?
https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/sports/bobcats/football/facilities-playing-part-within-dynamic-of-the-big-sky/article_c4a2647b-d25a-5dd3-a20a-ca01240ac503.html

Latest posts

Back