• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Roos Field Renovation

EWU21 said:
EWU98 said:
I would really like some chart telling us how far we are along. It would drum up conversations and donatioms!

$5,186,790
raised of $25,000,000 goal

It’s on the EWU page-Not sure when it was last updated though. Hasn’t been updated in over a week, I do know that. Ha
https://www.ewu.edu/stadium/

$5.186 million raised!? Has everyone here donated?? If not, maybe you are the Easter Eag can you thought you were! Eastern needs this badly! $186k not including the $5 million gift is pathetic people, let’s go!

Heavy, you probably have a point and I'm sure all 15 of us on this board are doing what we can(no need calling any of us out). Whoever is doing the corporate end of fundraising is the key to success on this project and they need to be closing the deal...period. My hope is they have secured commitments and they won't show up immediately on the ledger. My hope is also do they have a plan B,C or D in place? Hope the $5 Mill isn't contingent on raising X amount before it's secured. I think the project is great and it has legs and confident this one gets done!

Here's what it'll take to get the rest assuming that the numbers posted are accurate. Lot's of fallacies in my numbers but you get the picture assuming that momentum stays the same. Oh and I didn't include the $5 million gift. We'll consider gifts of that size outliers.

Wasn't the target $20 million to actually get shovels in the ground?

If we need 20 million:
Total $186,000
Fundraising Weeks 6
Avg. per Week $31,000
$ Remaining $19,814,000
Weeks Remaining 639
Years Remaining 12.3

If we need 15 million:
Total $186,000
Fundraising Weeks 6
Avg. per Week $31,000
$ Remaining $14,814,000
Weeks Remaining 478
Years Remaining 9.2

tomq04 said:
$5,335,055
raised of $25,000,000 goal

I’m not sure that is completely accurate or updated because Lynn stated in here email this week that there was $6 million raised so far.

There has been one major donation by a very generous local fan, other than that donations have been lunch money at best. At this rate the stadium remodel will never be completed.
Asking our athletic director to take on this additional task (a 25 million dollar side job) is too much to ask. IMO the board should hire an "expert" to manage this entire project from fund raising through construction.
Lets get 'er done!

I heard through the rumor mill that there is another letter to the board signed by past profs and staffers supporting EWU athletics. Anyone else heard such a rumor?

The gov't is going to be throwing around a LOT of money to rebuilt infrastructure post Chinese virus. Why not rebuild a football stadium in Cheney WA?? :mrgreen: Add a little red carpet for color!!

clawman or anyone, hearing things here and there bout fall practice dealys to cancel of seasons. And social distancing may still be in effect for some states or even nationally as far as hogh school, college and pro sports. Impacted could be schools of all ages if a second wave comes around in October. I haven't spent alotta time in jail but at least they have visiting hrs., I'm pretty much stuck in the attic where everyone says old folks need to be...dangit!

giphy.gif

clawman said:
There has been one major donation by a very generous local fan, other than that donations have been lunch money at best. At this rate the stadium remodel will never be completed.

Asking our athletic director to take on this additional task (a 25 million dollar side job) is too much to ask. IMO the board should hire an "expert" to manage this entire project from fund raising through construction.
Lets get 'er done!

I don’t think anyone thought fans, alumni & boosters could raise $25 million for WHAT IS NOT a great stadium expansion/renovation. Removing the newly added endzone seating is a huge mistake, endzone seating is tough for opposing teams to deal with and can help a team gain a real home field advantage. Based on the rendering this thing is also priced too high, for $25 million the stadium could’ve been bowled-in with an additional video board in the north endzone.

I agree an expert should’ve been hired but I think he should’ve been hired from RENDERING through construction.

I think I just wanna hear some strategies we could possibly take on as fans if there are any anyone can think of. I’m starting to think Eastern may not push fundraising enough to raise these funds, I’m surprised more businesses haven’t materialized looking to put their name on what could be a great FCS stadium at EWU. What was Lynn hired for if she can’t get this done? Idk if anyone is even out there listening but I’d love to hear your thoughts.

Timing is everything! The biggest problem is this should have been built years ago and this Covid problem would not be the nail that killed the project @ Eastern.
When Dr. A left EWU the best chance for a new stadium went with him.

We've been waiting for many years for this project and this is the furthest we've come to it being a reality. The Covid pandemic is a very unfortunate circumstance for many reasons and will no doubt delay fundraising, but is by no means a nail in any coffin. I'm much more concerned about athletics and the university in general, than I am about getting this project done. As long as football/athletics/EWU survive this, the project will happen.

ewueagle2010 said:
We've been waiting for many years for this project and this is the furthest we've come to it being a reality. The Covid pandemic is a very unfortunate circumstance for many reasons and will no doubt delay fundraising, but is by no means a nail in any coffin. I'm much more concerned about athletics and the university in general, than I am about getting this project done. As long as football/athletics/EWU survive this, the project will happen.

That’s an interesting perspective. if I had to guess which is more likely, I’d have to agree that the stadium project probably will get Eastern athletics’ full attention once the covid drama is over. I think Americans love football too much to let an entire NFL and college football season get cancelled. Stadiums cost more to build, there’s more players & coaches to pay, & NFL players do not make as much compared to other pro sports. A lot of players, and fans would be crushed.

Are they going to put up a camera like in 2010? I just watched the 2010 Montana opening game and that field was a lot more red than it has been the last several years.

Latest posts

Back