• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Spread Offense

A few points...

I don't see very many people here that do not support Idaho State football. I don't see anyone on THIS thread that I does not.

A "real fan" can disagree with the way a program is run, want change and demand change.

Not everyone on this board that supports coach Zamberlin is a INSIDER or EMPLOYEE OF ISU---just most. Disliking the direction that a program is going DOES NOT make someone a BAD FAN or a person with some sort of AXE TO GRIND.

Wins will shut folks that are critical up. Continued losing will cause more bickering. This will be a long offseason for a coach that has won two games in the past two season. Don't expect too much back patting and butt slapping for Zamberlin and Company until they put more W's in the left hand column.

Upforthechallenge is OBVIOUSLY new here. Blackfoot has been a fan long before you ever dreamed of coming on this board. History for blackfoot has been LONG and GREAT. don't come on here after 4o posts and think you are the tell all on how to post here. CLOWN! geez...i hate people who think they are something thet are NOT!!! here's a challenge for ya UP..............go research how long Blackfoot has been on this board and previous ones to this one. look up his posts and see what kind of Fan he is. STOP with the "real fan" bit. you're an idiot.

Cubber, I like the Bio Stats! are you sure the 40 time wasn't like...12.7 seconds??? LOL

I do not care who is a fan and I do not care who is not a fan. I do not care who is new on the board and I do not care who has been on the board for years. I do not care if a fan likes Coach Z and I do not care who dislikes Coach Z. What I do care about are people with integrity that stick to the ISU football topics without insulting other people who come on the board to post their football comments about a topic posted. People who want to insult other people because they disagree about another person(s) comments or posts about ISU football are dead wrong and should keep their comments to themselves rather than insulting other people due to disagreement or speculating about this or speculating about that. The bottom line for me is I enjoy ISU football win or lose, I will say it again, win or lose. If the players and coaches win that is great, if they lose, back to the drawing board to prepare for the next game. You play the game of football to compete win or lose. The ISU fans can only state their comments but they do not have a decision making process about ISU football as that is beyond our control. What I did like this year was that ISU (In My Opinion) competed in every game even though they lost. ISU almost beat Montana who was undefeated and the #2 ranked team in the country. I also liked that they came back the next week and played tough football against Portalnd State to capture the win. Win or Lose, the Bengals competed in my opinion.

up for the challenge has officially retired from this website so I will not be posting anymore and I will not be reading this site anymore. Good Luck Bengals, I will be watching your games next season win or lose.

can't teach you anything - if only because you started out with..'I feel' - everything you attempt to do/think/or learn from there is skewed due to the emphasis on 'feeling' rather than thinking

you got your feelings hurt somehow/someway with or about the isu program

no one can teach you anything until:

1. you move on from having your feelings hurt/get over it
or 2. you learn to think critically

jmho - your mileage may vary
(now go on and spout your nonsense)

hahaha, classic spartan! i love it :D ..i better not do either of your suggestions or else you might have no other reason to post on the den!! ;) and loosing you would be tragic, like loosing that neighbor kid "gabe" who never really contributes to the group but you kinda like having him around cuz he balances things out somehow. dont go anywhere gaber (can i call you that now?).

up for the challenge said:
up for the challenge has officially retired from this website so I will not be posting anymore and I will not be reading this site anymore. Good Luck Bengals, I will be watching your games next season win or lose.

i'm calling this a third-person fake retirement...(again)

ps challenged has somehow extrapolated blackfoot's original comment as an insult (that being that challenged would eat a cowpie if zam offered it (hilarious btw)). this of course is not an insult, while perhaps crude and vivid, it really only depicts your (up for the "cowpie" challenge) blind and reckless abandonment to follow and trust zamberlin (note: not isu football, but zamberlin). unless you consider your "blind-faith" a personal flaw, i wouldn't take it as a personal insult when you get called out on it.

furthermore you'll remember that before the extension was announced, you got on here and guaranteed to us all that zam would be getting an extension. you did this for weeks! and you did this when there was no logical reason for anyone to think that, based on performance, zamberlin deserved any kind of extension. so you're either some kind of prophet (which i doubt) or you were privy to information due to your CLOSE affiliation with the department. that's why we all thought you were mary ellen (or at least i did).

Anyway Tiger, I don't publicize dissenting opinions of the program or coaches here on a public forum, because I don't have to. I just meet with someone and talk to them, which I have very easy access to, and I understand you guys don't, hence a forum to air that stuff...I totally get that. But yes, I have had differences with coaches and administrators before, and I have no problems talking to any of them...I think I have earned respect because of that. However, I'm a team guy, and once we have a decision, I'm on board, and off we go, because that's how a team should work...at least in my frame of mind.

i misunderstood what you meant by "carte blanche" sid. thank you for posting this tho, reading this gives me peace of mind. obviously you have to be a team player, i understand that. call it my wild imagination but i get this hunch that you're told (one way or another) to do damage control on the board. for whatever reason that is my (and perhaps others) perception. However, hearing that you're able to voice dissent for things which you dissent upon is encouraging. you're in a better position than any of us to influence the powers that be. i like thinking that you're not just a mouth piece or utensil for zamberlin propaganda. again blame my imagination, but that's kind of the way i thought of you on this board. i'll do some reformations in the way i see the sid.

here is a big question i have, which you may be able to shed some light on: how if at all does this board effect the individuals who make the decisions around you? obviously there is a degree of importance given to the den since you take the time to contribute, but is it just a recreational outlet OR are you able to take anything from this forum further?

..one more question, in regards to the OC search, can you further shed light on zamberlin's goals such that is he:

A.) looking for a guy who will be able to bring in a preset offense (such as this fabled spread), or

B.) for a guy who can come in a "tailor" an offense for the current personnel?

i guess the differences here is a focus on the strengths of our personnel vs. the strength of a particular offensive scheme.

I tend to agree with UP, a persons comments should be judged on their merits. I don't care if someone works for the department, wore a jockstrap, or posted on the Bengal Den since Al Gore invented the internet.

bengalcub said:
A few points...

I don't see very many people here that do not support Idaho State football. I don't see anyone on THIS thread that I does not.

A "real fan" can disagree with the way a program is run, want change and demand change.

Not everyone on this board that supports coach Zamberlin is a INSIDER or EMPLOYEE OF ISU---just most. Disliking the direction that a program is going DOES NOT make someone a BAD FAN or a person with some sort of AXE TO GRIND.

Wins will shut folks that are critical up. Continued losing will cause more bickering. This will be a long offseason for a coach that has won two games in the past two season. Don't expect too much back patting and butt slapping for Zamberlin and Company until they put more W's in the left hand column.
Yea, what he said. Winning is a "CURE ALL"
For the record i don't want my team to prepare just to be competitive. I want my team to prepare to win the game (see Montana game last weekend when they scored 35? in the 4th qrt. to win)

Back