• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

The PAC/MWC Dominoes Begin to Fall

Mountain West Schools Have Signed a Retention Deal
So the conference must find two more full members to join between now and 2028. At least one eligible school—a current FBS member—has expressed interest: New Mexico State. Sacramento State, an FCS member that is looking to make the jump to FBS (and which just announced funding for a new 25,000-seat football stadium) could be another option, as long as it starts its two-year FBS-transition period by next year and becomes an FBS program by the time the Mountain West’s grace period runs out.

Amazing...just amazing...

Hornetsports release:

SACRAMENTO, CA -- Sacramento State has announced plans to construct a new state-of-the-art football and multi-use stadium that will replace the current temporary stands at Hornet Stadium, providing the University with a venue to leverage its location in one of the top 20 media markets in the nation.

The multi-sport facility will be designed to host football, men's and women's soccer, and men's and women's rugby. The stadium will also host collegiate, professional and international competitions, NCAA championships, concerts, club sports and other events including Commencement and Convocation.

One thing that concerns me is no direct mention of the track being located elsewhere. They do say it's “designed to host football, soccer, and rugby”. Which might indicate no track, but the portion about hosting “competitions” and “NCAA championships” could include track and field events.

Without a direct quote stating that the track and field events are moving to another location, we can’t rule out the possibility of the track remaining. To me and many others, that’s a big deal (not relocating the track).

I’ve read things that possibly imply it, but nothing emphatic or definitive. Have I missed something?

One thing that concerns me is no direct mention of the track being located elsewhere. They do say it's “designed to host football, soccer, and rugby”. Which might indicate no track, but the portion about hosting “competitions” and “NCAA championships” could include track and field events.

Without a direct quote stating that the track and field events are moving to another location, we can’t rule out the possibility of the track remaining. To me and many others, that’s a big deal (not relocating the track).

I’ve read things that possibly imply it, but nothing emphatic or definitive. Have I missed something?
There will be no track

Sac Republic seems like the obvious “co-tenant”. I mean, who else could it be?
I would think so. Has to be where the serious money is coming from? I'm still unclear how it will be paid for, and per Joe Davidson who wrote in his article today, we will have to wait a few weeks to know.
=======================
Wood and Orr did not talk specifics of how much money has been raised and how much a new football stadium would cost and where exactly the finances are coming from, though they did assure that those questions will be answered in the coming weeks when renditions of the project are made public.

Read more at: https://www.sacbee.com/sports/college/article293047689.html#storylink=cpy

Per Joe Davidson:

The plan, the two campus leaders said, is to start taking down Hornet Stadium at the end of this football season with the aim of having the new facility ready by the start of the 2028 football season. Sacramento State would continue to play home games at Hornet Stadium, Orr said.

Read more at: https://www.sacbee.com/sports/college/article293047689.html#storylink=cpy
This is what I heard was the plan when this was getting put together -- going to build in stages and have a reduced capacity for a few years...

Latest posts

Back