• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

The PAC/MWC Dominoes Begin to Fall

My guess/hope is that it means we've received an invite (terms of membership) and have a deadline to accept or reject it. I sure hope it's not a countdown to something like the release of a stadium rendering or a Sac12 message...although, it would be "so Hornet" if it was just something along those lines.
I looked through the CSU Trustee's five year master campus plan and see that Sac is planning for an Arena in '25-'26 and have a stadium replacement scheduled '28-'29. Lets hope we dont have to wait until '28-'29 to have movement on replacing the stadium. I'd hate to move FBS and play games in the current stadium. Insert all opponent jesting, jokes and jabs here__________.

Last edited:
I looked through the CSU Trustee's five year master campus plan and see that Sac is planning for an Arena in '24-'25 and have a stadium replacement scheduled '27-'28. Lets hope we dont have to wait until '27-'28 to have movement on replacing the stadium. I'd hate to move FBS and play games in the current stadium. Insert all opponent jesting, jokes and jabs here__________.
Do you have the URL for that?

Wow, this is more language and solid info than I've ever seen published. The timelines are disappointing, but maybe can be moved up?

Sacramento – Description of the Five-Year Plan Future Projects (2024/25–2027/28) (continued)

Administration Replacement Building - This project will construct a new administrative building (#3) as a gateway into the campus. The 100,000 GSF new building will be a “one-stop shop” for student services, admissions and outreach, and president’s office which would be relocated from Sacramento and Lassen Hall. As a secondary effect, Sacramento Hall (#001) will be demolished, and Lassen Hall (#26) will be renovated to address deferred maintenance needs.

Hornet Stadium Replacement - This project will replace the stands at Hornet Stadium (#60), a 21,100-seat football stadium located on the south-side of the campus. The stadium was originally constructed in 1969 with a seating capacity of 6,000. This project will replace the existing bleachers with new permanent bleachers to address ADA compliance and ADA access. The project will also upgrade telecom, electrical systems, and toilet facilities.

Self-Support / Other Projects Student Union Expansion, Phase 2 - This project will expand the existing 1975 Student Union (#47) to accommodate an additional 2,000-seat ballroom and meeting rooms to support student life and campus growth. The 26,500 ASF/36,800 GSF Student Union addition will be equipped with current technology and plenty of daylighting. Proceeding with this project is dependent upon a viable financial plan for placement in the Systemwide Revenue Bond Program. The bonds will be repaid from University Union fees.

Event Center - This project will include the construction of a 5,000-seat event center (#111) located north of Parking Structure III (#99). It will serve primarily for basketball and other indoor athletic and club sports events. It will also provide space for educational or career-related sessions, ceremonies, community lectures, special events, and entertainment. This project will address the campus and regional demand for event space, which will allow the campus to attract events and draw more spectators and sponsorship interest to support campus athletics program.

Just posted. SACRAMENTO STATE TO BUILD NEW MULTI-USE FOOTBALL STADIUM

The campus has secured architecture firm Populous to design the stadium which will be constructed at the site of the current Hornet Stadium. Renderings for the stadium will be released in the coming weeks, but will feature a horseshoe design including student sections, premium seating, and boxes to accommodate 25,000 attendees.
That is a big bang architectural firm!

Latest posts

Back