• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

The PAC/MWC Dominoes Begin to Fall

For those that are worried, I have a very, very good source that says Sac State will accept a new conference bid in the next three weeks, and it will be the PAC-12. More strategic releases of drawings, partnerships, etc between now and then will make clear that we are the best fit before an official announcement.

The Golden1 announcement was a no-brainer, now that it's official it can shut up all the haters about the hoops facility being an issue to FBS membership.

For those that are worried, I have a very, very good source that says Sac State will accept a new conference bid in the next three weeks, and it will be the PAC-12. More strategic releases of drawings, partnerships, etc between now and then will make clear that we are the best fit before an official announcement.

Shhhhhh

Last edited:
The Golden1 announcement was a no-brainer, now that it's official it can shut up all the haters about the hoops facility being an issue to FBS membership.

So much for that “fan forum vapor wishing” thing, huh?

Nothing official from the KINGS that I’ve seen yet, but it appears there have been indeed been some type of discussions about it just as I predicted earlier.

It just didn’t make much sense for this push by the SAC12 unless they already knew some behind the scenes things.

Someone, please help me understand. Im sure there is plenty of you to weigh in.

As I understand it, the NCAA’s new requirements for a university athletic FCS football program to transition to an FBS program beginning in 2024-2025 require a two-year transition process. If Sac State successfully fulfilled the requirements, including paying or having the $5M waived, it would be 2026-2027.

For the Pac-12 to be recognized as a conference with access to NCAA championships and the College Football Playoff, the conference needs at least eight members in all sports by 2026.

Why would the Pac-12 even make Sac State a priority right now? Why not wait to see if everything Sac State says will happen even materializes? There are other schools more readily available to join the Pac-12 sooner.

If things look so good for Sac State regarding the Pac 12, why no offer from the Mountain West?

Someone, please help me understand. Im sure there is plenty of you to weigh in.

As I understand it, the NCAA’s new requirements for a university athletic FCS football program to transition to an FBS program beginning in 2024-2025 require a two-year transition process. If Sac State successfully fulfilled the requirements, including paying or having the $5M waived, it would be 2026-2027.

For the Pac-12 to be recognized as a conference with access to NCAA championships and the College Football Playoff, the conference needs at least eight members in all sports by 2026.

Why would the Pac-12 even make Sac State a priority right now? Why not wait to see if everything Sac State says will happen even materializes? There are other schools more readily available to join the Pac-12 sooner.

If things look so good for Sac State regarding the Pac 12, why no offer from the Mountain West?

MWC and PAC-12 are not stopping at 8 teams football teams. Probably 10. If there is a 2 year probation period, the sooner Sac State starts, the better.

Also, if the TV market matters in obtaining a media deal, they need Sac State in ASAP.

As far as an offer from the MWC, there have been statements from several people who claim inside info that Sac State is singularly focused on PAC-12, so MWC is trying to find alternatives to Sac. Tarleton State....

Latest posts

Back