• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

UPDATE-Richards Dismissed from Football Team, Amos Suspended

But obviously Richards does not get it as apparent by his interview on the news tonight. The University does the best to protect the young man by keeping it in house and he goes out and tries to pin his own mistake on Orthman.

It goes to show you, Richards may have been on the team, but his own pride was more important than the team.

As he admitted, he missed curfew and got his ass chewed for it--justifying it in his mind by saying that Orthman had it out for him.

These are exactly the kind of student athletes that ISU does not need. Malcontents, concerned with their own agendas--hell bent on trying to divide a team.

I for one applaud the move--NOBODY is above the team.

Let me tell you this Rashaad feels terrible, but it seems that nobody is questioning the coaches on this. Is it ok to verbally abuse a student athlete? Do the players know why he was suspended really? I know quite a few of them have no clue.

He felt so bad he went to the media with an internal (team) issue.

This isn't his first altercation with a coach at Idaho State and we aren't even talking about Boise State. He is still on scholarship, he just is not playing football.

I wish Rashaad well, really I do, but he needs to learn from this and move on.

The media asked for the interview not him. He isnt perfect, but the coaches arent either. Are you OK with a coach verbally abusing a player?

I don't care if he was asked for the interview or not. Idaho State has been asked for details as well.

Answer me this--were you there or have you been told?

What is your definition of verbal abuse?

KIDK: ISU Football Update (click on video)

Just my two cents, but I would have turned the interview down (especially since he said he still supports the team). Instead of a report previewing the ISU-NAU game, we get a report which focuses on a negative. How is that helping the team?

You are right, SLC.

With that said--the interview told me all I need to know about R. Richards. He doesn't show remorse for his actions and actually talks about his dedication and how he played injured. He did not need to do this type of interview on homecoming week or ever for that matter. The "I was a victim" card...is old and pathetic.

I wonder if other players are playing injured? What a hero.

Verbal abuse? Wow, with football coaches, that is a very, very hazy line. Every single coach in America in all history have screamed and ranted at players; some more often than not. Lots of F-bombs, insults and such, you'd figure a normal practice at an average school would be akin to a military boot camp.

More importantly, did you see this or did you hear this? Stop dodging the damn question.

Ask the players how they feel! Rashaad isnt the only player fed up with some of the coaching staff, he was just the one who finally stood up for himself. Trust me many other players will leave this team. I have no problem with a coach getting after a player, but when it goes to far I DO!

who cares if they leave or why they leave.... they leave because of a coaching change or whatever who f'ing cares...
what? no other players will take their place....? give me a break. if a player can't take being 'verbaly abused' too bad - some times players should be run off...

as for asking the players 'how they feel'.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
coach - 'guys, i was hoping to call a trap play here....how does that make you feel'?

please define 'goes too far' - when it hurts the players 'feelings'? jeez

I have no problem getting after a player, but I do have a problem with a coach who isnt even on his side of the ball completely losing it on a player. Whats wrong couldnt the coach take it?

Cub don't be so balack and white on this when it is truly a gray area thing.
There is some substance to what luk is saying.
I hope it all gets worked out sooner than later.

letyouknow... you have a problem with it? who cares?

doubt if the coaches, team or anyone else is going to lose any sleep over what you're 'having a problem with' on how the coaches make decisions

sorry they didn't consult you - maybe next time okay?

It really amazes me how a few people on this board only see things one way. Is it that impossible that a coach might possibly be in the wrong? Im not saying RR didnt mess up, but open your eyes and look at the whole picture.

Hey luk-

I bet you don't know how many players left M*ch*gan after Bo took over. Quite a lot, actually. You know how M*ch*gan's slogan is, "Those Who Stay Will Be Champions"? That's how that came about, was after players leaving the program en masse in the 1969 preseason.

It was like that too, when Bo took over at Miami of Ohio (this was before his M*ch*gan job). Players left there, too.

At Ohio State when Woody Hayes took over, plenty of players left before the season started...said some things about "being too rough" and "too verbal"

Bear Bryant, when he started at Texas A&M (his first coaching job), was so mean and so tough, half the team left the training camp over a 3 week period. A few did return, though.

WHEN COACH O'BRIEN BECAME HEAD COACH HERE, A FEW PLAYERS LEFT THE TEAM BECAUSE THEY COULDN'T TAKE IT!!! But guess what? The team still went on without them. Though it was a shaky season, they finished strong and got into the 2nd round of the BigSky Tournament (something that hadn't been done since 2004).

You have to separate the chaff from the wheat, luk. That's how you build a program.

Latest posts

Back