• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

UPDATE-Richards Dismissed from Football Team, Amos Suspended

Read my updated post. You have to separate the chaff from the wheat.

Unprofessional? Please. This is collegiate sports, we're all grown men and women, many of us above drinking age.

I suggest you shut up now, you carry no weight. True, Orthmann is a pain in the ass with his terrible playcalling (unless that changes today, I will not deter my opinion). But unprofessional? Puh-leese. That's got to be the WORST word you can use to describe college football.

We have "professional" coaches in the NCAA. They are known as "face-men" and "job-hoppers"

It amazes me how when a team struggles at Idaho State, the coaches always become verbally abusive and unwilling to take blame as a coaching staff.

It amazes me how a player that "cares" about his team would put a potentially damaging interview out on television and not keep his differences private.

It amazes me how a player can get a number of chances and then turn on the staff that afforded him those chances.

It amazes me that a player can miss a curfew and then not expect any consequence.

I don't care about the whole picture because the person that is drawing the picture is using a crayon.

So here is how I see it and please correct me if I am wrong after watching the interviews and reading what I have read. Richards and Amos missed a team curfew. The coaches are pissed and when they find them--asses get chewed and things are said that aren't pleasant by both parties. Both are kicked off the team upon the return to Pocatello. Amos sits down with Zamberlin and is reinstated, but Richards is not. The punishment for Amos is a one game suspension because he hasn't had multiple issues at Idaho State. The staff, fed up with Richards and his multiple opportunities upholds its decision and Richards is not allowed back on the team. Now, Richards is bitter and decides to try and get even by speaking with the media. In this interview--he talks of verbal abuse and states that he was only standing up for himself and that he played injured. Finally, Richards and a few of his cronies are planning a revolt of sorts and a few disgruntled athletes plan on leaving the team at the end of the semester to send a message that they will be victims no longer. Okay maybe I don't have it perfect, but it sounds nice to me.

You hear it all the time when a team is losing. Slightly different stories, but the same intent behind the theme. Coaches never take the blame and place it on the kids. See Larry Lewis, John Zamberlin, Doug Oliver and Joe O'Brien.

Scooter Maye, Rashaad Richards--makes no difference to me. Same shit, different day...like clockwork.

Next step--allegations of racial slurs and calls for an investigation.

bengalcub said:
It amazes me how when a team struggles at Idaho State, the coaches always become verbally abusive and unwilling to take blame as a coaching staff.

It amazes me how a player that "cares" about his team would put a potentially damaging interview out on television and not keep his differences private.

It amazes me how a player can get a number of chances and then turn on the staff that afforded him those chances.

It amazes me that a player can miss a curfew and then not expect any consequence.

I don't care about the whole picture because the person that is drawing the picture is using a crayon.

So here is how I see it and please correct me if I am wrong after watching the interviews and reading what I have read. Richards and Amos missed a team curfew. The coaches are pissed and when they find them--asses get chewed and things are said that aren't pleasant by both parties. Both are kicked off the team upon the return to Pocatello. Amos sits down with Zamberlin and is reinstated, but Richards is not. The punishment for Amos is a one game suspension because he hasn't had multiple issues at Idaho State. The staff, fed up with Richards and his multiple opportunities upholds its decision and Richards is not allowed back on the team. Now, Richards is bitter and decides to try and get even by speaking with the media. In this interview--he talks of verbal abuse and states that he was only standing up for himself and that he played injured. Finally, Richards and a few of his cronies are planning a revolt of sorts and a few disgruntled athletes plan on leaving the team at the end of the semester to send a message that they will be victims no longer. Okay maybe I don't have it perfect, but it sounds nice to me.

You hear it all the time when a team is losing. Slightly different stories, but the same intent behind the theme. Coaches never take the blame and place it on the kids. See Larry Lewis, John Zamberlin, Doug Oliver and Joe O'Brien.

Scooter Maye, Rashaad Richards--makes no difference to me. Same shit, different day...like clockwork.

Next step--allegations of racial slurs and calls for an investigation.

Tell us what you really think Cub.

This happens all the time, luk. Why don't you just resign yourself to the truth, instead of looking for something that isn't there?

superfan arent you the one who supposedly stands up for ISU athletes? find out all the info before you start talking

Luk-Why don't you like, do what you say and fetch it yourself? I think Bengalcub nailed it down.

No need to blow anything out of proportion.

And now I go mum on the issue and let others better qualified to handle this issue to handle it.

What, do you have some sort of inside information? Until I see verifiable proof of this, I will not accept your words as nothing less than a bunch of falsifications.

I do have proof, but there are a few on this board who refuse to believe anything that might possibly be negative against ISU.

I always thought this was a message board so thanks for telling me what do to mighty spartan. Go and put on your cheerleading outfit because we all know your nickname is from that cheerleading skit with will ferell on snl. Lets just say i have talked with people who were there. Do you want me to have those players get on here or should we set up a time they can meet with you? Believe me or not but RR wasnt the only one guilty of making a mistake.

Let u know:

even tho I may share some opinion about what you are talking about, I don't think posting the names of these players on this board is a good idea. In fact, I would encourage you not to do it.
These players do not owe anything to the members of this board(myself included).
The justice for this situation is better left in the hands of the head coach or athletic dept.
I think it will police itself is what I am telling you.
There are things that have bothered me also, but rarely would they be resolved by mentioning it on this board.
I hear you loud and clear even tho some people on this board don't and never will.
Hope this helps.
Let's make this-----'nuf said and move on.

I agree and in hindsight you probably were right. In fact, I sent you a PM message acknowledging this fact last year. For what it is worth Letuknow--I am sorry for being an asshole.

Latest posts

Back