• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Vailas get some nuts.

biobengal said:
Has there been official confirmation of Z's termination?

No, but players are saying that it has happened and the ISJ is saying that sources close to ISU have confirmed it.

bengalcub said:
Specifics?

Tingey came to ISU in early 2007. Since that time

Soccer 29-37-13
W Bball 37-45
V Ball 46-69
M bball 37-60
football - 6-38

not one program is 500 since his arrival.

155-239-13 a stellar .393 winning percentage.

bhumble said:
bengalcub said:
Specifics?

Soccer 29-37-13
W Bball 37-45
V Ball 46-69
M bball 37-60
football - 6-38

He gets the credit before he was the AD? C'mon bro--you can do better than that. How have his new hires done and how many upgrades have happened on his watch?

I am sure he has made his fair share of mistakes and he is young, inexperienced and not proven. But is the real beef the fact that he has a father that works for ISU, too?

bengalcub said:
bhumble said:
bengalcub said:
Specifics?

Soccer 29-37-13
W Bball 37-45
V Ball 46-69
M bball 37-60
football - 6-38

He gets the credit before he was the AD? C'mon bro--you can do better than that. How have his new hires done and how many upgrades have happened on his watch?

I am sure he has made his fair share of mistakes and he is young, inexperienced and not proven. But is the real beef the fact that he has a father that works for ISU, too?

These records are since he became the AD not before. He is responsible for the programs from the min. he took the job. Are you suggesting that he is not responsible until all of the coaches are his hire? He has been here almost 4 years. Obviously you don't agree and that's fine. I think he needs to go, you think otherwise, and that's fine.

bhumble said:
bengalcub said:
bhumble said:
bengalcub said:
Specifics?

Soccer 29-37-13
W Bball 37-45
V Ball 46-69
M bball 37-60
football - 6-38

These records are since he became the AD not before. He is responsible for the programs from the min. he took the job. Are you suggesting that he is not responsible until all of the coaches are his hire? He has been here almost 4 years. Obviously you don't agree and that's fine. I think he needs to go, you think otherwise, and that's fine.

We can agree to disagree. With that said, Tingey was the Interim AD in 2008 and not the actual AD until 2009. The statistics that you quoted were prior to his tenure.

I've asked quite a few people here in Poky, some who are close to the program, who the next coach here will be. And they've all come up with the same name. If this person is hired then you'll all be pleasantly surprised and it will be a great hire for ISU.

mighty_bengals said:
I've asked quite a few people here in Poky, some who are close to the program, who the next coach here will be. And they've all come up with the same name. If this person is hired then you'll all be pleasantly surprised and it will be a great hire for ISU.

Let's have it then.

It's way past time for speculation. :lol:

tigersmilk said:
i'm kind of hoping to hear that it's bruce barnum.

Barnum would be awesome. I have heard that a handful of current players endorse that idea.

He loves Pocatello
He understands the situation
He is a no nonsense discipline fellow
He can coach the offensive line with the best of them
He understands the BSC and knows how to recruit it

I don't even know Bruce personally, but I have heard his name come up all the time when it comes to being the HC at Idaho State and it is all positive.

i'm sure barnum wont mind me saying this, but i know that during his tenure here under coach lew bruce passed up more than one opportunity to take up head coaching jobs at other schools. the guy loves pocatello, loves the bengals, and has a history with us. i would welcome him back with open arms!

Zamberlin Relieved of Head Coaching Duties

POCATELLO, Idaho (Nov. 14, 2010)- Idaho State Director of Athletics Jeff Tingey has announced that head football coach John Zamberlin will be relieved of his duties as head coach after next week’s game at Eastern Washington.

“I deeply appreciate the work that coach Zamberlin has done representing Idaho State University both on and off the field,” Tingey said. “His teams have been a stalwart in the community and have played hard on the field each week. But as I have observed the program over the past few years I have decided that a change is now necessary."

This is Zamberlin’s fourth season as head coach of the Bengal football team as he was named the program’s 24th head coach on Dec. 15, 2006. He currently boasts a record of 6-38 and in Big Sky Conference play he has gone 4-27.

The team and assistant coaches was informed of the change early Sunday afternoon.

“It is never easy to make a coaching change, particularly when you have respect for the people involved,” Idaho State University President Arthur Vailas said. “Although we didn’t achieve the success we had hoped for, I deeply appreciate coach Zamberlin’s dedication to ISU athletics and his involvement in the community. I wish coach Zamberlin all the best as he pursues other opportunities.”

Prior to coming to Idaho State, Zamberlin was the head coach at Central Washington for 10 seasons where he compiled a 63-41 record.

Red Hill said:
Jeff Tingey has announced that head football coach John Zamberlin will be relieved of his duties as head coach after next week’s game at Eastern Washington.

from what i'm hearing not all the coaches will be extended this extra week of grace, and that some coaches are out now. the rest (save z) will have the opportunity to interview for their positions after the season is over although none have a spot guaranteed (pretty much standard).

tigersmilk said:
votb said something about a conference at 2pm. anyone know where you'd go to see that?

It looks like Red Hill has posted the transcript above. Nothing surprising... I was hoping for "Zamberlin has been reassigned to the ISU grounds crew". :lol:

bengalcub said:
nonotagain said:
bengalcub said:
/quote]

Seriously??? Handcuffing Tingey is EXACTLY what should happen. Sure Z hasn't done anything to help the situation here but hiring daddy's little boy to be AD when he has ZERO qualifications for the job other than the proper family lineage is what is going to continue to prevent ISU from having an athletic department that isn't a complete laughing stock.

Maybe your criticisms are warranted, however the nepotism card is WEAK. Exactly where has Tingey screwed the pooch?

How about the ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT? Maybe he could spend some time trying to put winning programs together instead of padding the pockets of the university. If you are so in love with Tingey why don't YOU explain what he has done to improve the ATHLETICS at the school?? And don't bother with all the things that were in the works prior to Tingey taking over.

nonotagain said:
bengalcub said:
nonotagain said:
bengalcub said:
/quote]

Seriously??? Handcuffing Tingey is EXACTLY what should happen. Sure Z hasn't done anything to help the situation here but hiring daddy's little boy to be AD when he has ZERO qualifications for the job other than the proper family lineage is what is going to continue to prevent ISU from having an athletic department that isn't a complete laughing stock.

Maybe your criticisms are warranted, however the nepotism card is WEAK. Exactly where has Tingey screwed the pooch?

How about the ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT? Maybe he could spend some time trying to put winning programs together instead of padding the pockets of the university. If you are so in love with Tingey why don't YOU explain what he has done to improve the ATHLETICS at the school?? And don't bother with all the things that were in the works prior to Tingey taking over.

Not so much a Tingey lover yet; just not a hater. So much for padding the pockets--he just spent 100K to make a change.

Latest posts

Back