• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Vincent Jackson

uncbears

What do you think of Vincent Jackson not playing in 2010 unless he gets a long term contract?

Sports-Glory.com

He is doing the right thing. He is getting screwed over by the Chargers and the change to the uncapped year this season. He was basically an All-Pro receiver last year, and his size and speed in the NFL is unmatched.

The Chargers are low-balling him. Yes he had the off-the-field issue, but they showed sign him long-term and I want him there long term. I hope he doesn't go to Seattle, they are bad. With SD he can play with a great QB, a great TE, etc.

No problem with it. He knows he is underpaid but on the other hand, he signed the contract.

I actually think he is kind of being a tool. He screwed up and landed himself a 3 game suspension for DUI and then he wants a bigger contract, before his current contract expires. Nobody forced him to sign his current contract, he should show up, do his job, stay out of trouble and then when his contract is up, try to get a better deal.

But he should have been an unrestricted free agent this year BUT the uncapped NFL year changed the rules and he is in "purgatory" this season. He is obeying the terms of the 5-year contract he signed.

San Diego is low-balling him. He was a Pro Bowl alternate last year (should have been in the first round of selections) and makes that team better. Pay him what he is worth. Yes the DUI's are bad, but it was 2 of them. He didn't beat his girlfriend, do ilicit drugs, rob a bank, etc. I would think his drinking and driving days are over. Punish him for those games, but don't withhold the contact he deserves.

I was raised by my father with an "old school" approach, being told stuff like "Let your play do the talking" and "Act like you've been there before". So naturally I never really understood why these players hold out the way they do, it makes them look foolish and immature for not playing out their contract (the official definition of the word is "an agreement between two or more parties for the doing or not doing of something specified") but now as I get older I understand why players do it.

Let me also say that only NFL players should hold out. They are the ones who risk a high amount of physical danger to their body and minds, and often feel effects after their playing careers are over (see: Romanowski, Bill). Sure, the money they make seems like a lot to you and me, but when you live in that lifestyle, then must come up with all that money to help pay for the long medical bill after a long list of injuries sustained from all those years of violent contact, it is understood why guys try and hold out for more money. At any given moment a career can end, so these guys have every right to get each penny they are worth. Sure, Vincent isn't being casted in a good light because of his prior off-the-field issues, but the man hasn't had any violent crimes in his past, I am a strong believer in giving people chances to turn it around. So I hope the Chargers can pay this man, and in a perfect world, I hope he can one day endorse this University that took a chance on him when a lot of the big schools did not. But I wish him the best of luck in the future, both on and off the field.

Latest posts

Back