• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Week 8 - Sac State vs Weber State

The Massey predictions have us finishing 4-1, 7-5 overall with a loss to MSU.

I don’t have confidence in this particular team to be consistent enough to make a run like this, but as I’ve said in other threads, this is pretty much what has to happen if we want to have a SHOT at the playoffs. We unfortunately need UC Davis to come into the Causeway with a 10-1 record and top 5 ranking so a win bolsters the resume…

Will never apologize for winning, but sheesh.

This is not the right time or place for an OC to learn on the job. If Sac goes to FBS, the staff can not go with us.
I touched on this topic the other day.

Since AT became HC his defense hasn’t been as good either. Giving up lots of pts.

I had thought Bobby F w his years apprenticed w Troy Taylor that he would have been prepared. He wasn’t paying attention I guess? Maybe he didn’t understand how TT decided his playbook and play calling?

Clearly without a doubt. Bobby F. We appreciate your love for Hornet football. But you are NOT helping us at D1 level. You aren’t consistent enough. And under pressure. You FADE and make bad choices,

Too little too late. You started off solid then Q4 choked. Not Acceptable. Demote to QB coach or resign sir.

HC Thompson. Your defenses haven’t been as good as the previous seasons WHY? Are you too thin with time for D being HC? You need to decide if you need to hire DC or you need to go back 100% to DC and we hire new HC?

He called a great first half.

Second half, not so much. Especially Q4 when he made that indefensible trick play call then goes 3 and out the next two possessions after it.

OT he was better. But it shouldn’t have ever gotten to that point in the first place.
BF was rolling first 3 QTRS. Once his trick play blew up.
He got panicked and then his play calling Q4 was weak with several stalled drives.
To grow into FBS we need consistency and game to game improvements. His play calling did improve but then he hit panic mode and couldn’t get the offense moving Q4. Almost gave the game away!

Relax HFF, also you're wrong about the play calling last night. Yes the gadget play was a disaster, but the play calling stuck to the same strategy even after the game tightened up in the 4th quarter. ETT was still fed (and attempted to be fed) the ball. Conklin just missed on some reads, there were receivers open that would have kept the sticks moving. That was different from EWU in which the Hornets just started slinging the ball down the field in hopes of connecting on some big plays. Noticeable improvement in play calling strategy between the 2 games and putting Conklin in a position to be successful.

I went back and re-watched that goal line stand at the end of regulation. Leota, Jackson, and Knott came through huge in stopping the run plays and forcing a field goal in that sequence. They came through again in the 2nd over time. Gutsy performance in the clutch on that side of the ball.

The Massey predictions have us finishing 4-1, 7-5 overall with a loss to MSU.

I don’t have confidence in this particular team to be consistent enough to make a run like this, but as I’ve said in other threads, this is pretty much what has to happen if we want to have a SHOT at the playoffs. We unfortunately need UC Davis to come into the Causeway with a 10-1 record and top 5 ranking so a win bolsters the resume…

We should see some wins and at least get to 500 on the year, but we're a longshot to make the playoffs. I think that ship has sailed.

Latest posts

Back