• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Will Kramer stay or go?

boisebengal said:
I'd explain Up, but you refuse to listen to anyone. There's a few people on this board that know a lot more about football than you and I both, but you absolutely refuse to listen to anyone because you know absolutely everything. You're completely wearing everyone out on this board.

Is that right? What do you know? Last week you quoted during the SUU game, " I am sick of tired of losing. It is getting old. What do we need to do to right this ship". Why the change in tune? Well, I tried to explain to you as you had no answers. I gave you my reasons for losing... Where are yours besides players unavailable therefore we lose. By the way, Kramer only hurt the program more by giving scholarships to walkon's with high GPA's his first two years. Anybody could have done that - it is called a quick fix but I will take the credit for the APR issue. Three years later after sanctions have been lifted and 5 years of recruiting and signing players and we are no better as a team than we first started after he has fired a lot of coaches and hired new coaches. The players do not deserve that especially the seniors. Watch the game today and watch a 2-3 team in Montana vs ISU at 1-4. Than tell me what you really think. Remember, Montana has key players unavailable just like us.

I share the same frustration as Blackfoot Bengal. It gets old, turning every single thread into the same circular argument.

My opinion on the difficulty of coaching at Idaho State most closely resembles that of Skippy. Skip just has a better way of conveying it in writing. It's almost like he wrote for a living at one time or something ;)

Here's my beef or beefs right now.

Kramer talking about being responsible--it's almost fake to me. I am tired of hearing about the schedule and the travel. Both are very legitimate gripes. However, playing money games and cutting travel cost is an absolute reality. It sucks, but it isn't going to change. I feel like Kramer was rescued from the abyss by Idaho State and given the privilege to coach once again at this level. It sickens me to hear him throw the AD under the bus, regarding things that the AD cannot really control. The need to raise money and save money for the entire athletic department. I like the Bill Evan's approach...It is what it is. Teams pay us to beat us but we think we are pretty darn good and we think we can beat them. I don't see him pissing and moaning about being away from home for 7-8 games in a row to start the season.

I also don't believe that Idaho State has the right talent at QB. That or else they don't have the coaching (OC)to teach the kid how to play at this level. I think it is a combination of both. Both are not ready to put the entire product together. It feels that way on offense to. The offense typically comes out of the gate looking crisp. But as the game wears on, the offense goes in the deep freeze. That tells me that the game strategy on offense is often pretty good. However, the deterioration over the rest of the game leads me to believe that it is more about adjustments on the sidelines and on the field. Both cannot adjust quick enough and thing fast enough to be consistently productive. It also could be a head coach that interferes too much. I don't know but it doesn't feel right.

I feel the same on defense. The concepts cannot be effectively taught to the defense. So,they struggle with things as simple as alignment.

Next, ISU cannot ever struggle kicking and punting. The program has a rich history of not being good but it has a very rich history of being able to kick and punt.

So, I am grateful to Kramer and I understand the challenges and frustrations that he has. But, I do feel like the program is going backward fast.

Then I talk out of the other side of my mouth because I have always believed that if you have solid special teams coverage it is a real indication of the depth and young talent you have in the program. It may be a sign of things to come. I hope so.

This board is like heaven and hell to me all in the same breath. Winning fixes everything and I just don't believe that ISU can ever win consistently. I don't think they have the money or that they will ever have the facilities to be on solid footing. Plus, I am not sure that it even makes sense to have a football program. Yes, I understand the need to have it to be in the BSC.

Forgive spelling, grammar and run-ons. I am too lazy to proofread or fix what needs to be fixed.

bengalcub said:
I share the same frustration as Blackfoot Bengal. It gets old, turning every single thread into the same circular argument.

My opinion on the difficulty of coaching at Idaho State most closely resembles that of Skippy. Skip just has a better way of conveying it in writing. It's almost like he wrote for a living at one time or something ;)

Here's my beef or beefs right now.

Kramer talking about being responsible--it's almost fake to me. I am tired of hearing about the schedule and the travel. Both are very legitimate gripes. However, playing money games and cutting travel cost is an absolute reality. It sucks, but it isn't going to change. I feel like Kramer was rescued from the abyss by Idaho State and given the privilege to coach once again at this level. It sickens me to hear him throw the AD under the bus, regarding things that the AD cannot really control. The need to raise money and save money for the entire athletic department. I like the Bill Evan's approach...It is what it is. Teams pay us to beat us but we think we are pretty darn good and we think we can beat them. I don't see him pissing and moaning about being away from home for 7-8 games in a row to start the season.

I also don't believe that Idaho State has the right talent at QB. That or else they don't have the coaching (OC)to teach the kid how to play at this level. I think it is a combination of both. Both are not ready to put the entire product together. It feels that way on offense to. The offense typically comes out of the gate looking crisp. But as the game wears on, the offense goes in the deep freeze. That tells me that the game strategy on offense is often pretty good. However, the deterioration over the rest of the game leads me to believe that it is more about adjustments on the sidelines and on the field. Both cannot adjust quick enough and thing fast enough to be consistently productive. It also could be a head coach that interferes too much. I don't know but it doesn't feel right.

I feel the same on defense. The concepts cannot be effectively taught to the defense. So,they struggle with things as simple as alignment.

Next, ISU cannot ever struggle kicking and punting. The program has a rich history of not being good but it has a very rich history of being able to kick and punt.

So, I am grateful to Kramer and I understand the challenges and frustrations that he has. But, I do feel like the program is going backward fast.

Then I talk out of the other side of my mouth because I have always believed that if you have solid special teams coverage it is a real indication of the depth and young talent you have in the program. It may be a sign of things to come. I hope so.

This board is like heaven and hell to me all in the same breath. Winning fixes everything and I just don't believe that ISU can ever win consistently. I don't think they have the money or that they will ever have the facilities to be on solid footing. Plus, I am not sure that it even makes sense to have a football program. Yes, I understand the need to have it to be in the BSC.

Forgive spelling, grammar and run-ons. I am too lazy to proofread or fix what needs to be fixed.

You are right BengalCub. the program is going backward fast. Thanks for your participation as you left last season with some frustration in the program. I do not blame you.

I poorly worded things on sign off.

I left because this board was killing me, made me less of a fan and pissed me off. Reading your BS everyday, watching a daddy of a player bash (yes I saw the unedited versions) the coaching staff...things like that. As a moderator, I couldn't trash you. I couldn't and I don't think I ever called you an idiot but do know I was thinking it.

You see it isn't that you don't have valid points. It's the idea that you ignore some pretty important facts, twist them and turn them but ultimately ignore them. You hijack almost every thread, bump your own threads, and continue to say the same crap in 1001 different ways. It frustrates me as a fan and it frustrates me for you.

Moderator, I consider myself warned and I will accept a ban if needed. I won't continue to beat a dead horse, its how I feel and I feel better for saying it. My therapist told me that this is the first step in getting well.

Its best for me to read and post rarely. My good friend Blackfoot, I should have taken his lead.

bengalcub said:

I left because this board was killing me, made me less of a fan and pissed me off. Reading your BS everyday, watching a daddy of a player bash (yes I saw the unedited versions) the coaching staff...things like that. As a moderator, I couldn't trash you. I couldn't and I don't think I ever called you an idiot but do know I was thinking it.

You see it isn't that you don't have valid points. It's the idea that you ignore some pretty important facts, twist them and turn them but ultimately ignore them. You hijack almost every thread, bump your own threads, and continue to say the same crap in 1001 different ways. It frustrates me as a fan and it frustrates me for you.

Moderator, I consider myself warned and I will accept a ban if needed. I won't continue to beat a dead horse, its how I feel and I feel better for saying it. My therapist told me that this is the first step in getting well.

Its best for me to read and post rarely. My good friend Blackfoot, I should have taken his lead.

That has nothing to do with the topic. I believe you said in your first post to stay on topic. I am sorry you feel the way you do. I am sure you will get over it. I have tough skin so I will not take it personally as I understand that it is not me but you.

Re: Will Kramer stay or go?
Quote bengalcub
Post by bengalcub » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:01 pm

....bengalcub.....thanks for saying what an awful lot of us feel.....I get tired of the constant "rehashing" of points....it doesn't matter what the "topic" is UP hijacks it every time....and if someone says anything about it ....then "warnings" are brought up...and it is "explained" as to what words are "allowed" and which ones are not...(i.e...."Bull" is acceptable..."BS" is not....what a joke)....and my favorite ..."dipstick" ( a tool used for measuring oil.... :nod: )....was "outlawed" early.... :rofl: ...
.....anyway......appreciate your insightful thoughts and comments on ISU football....yours, Brad and VOTB and a few others.....thanks....

....bengalcub.....thanks for saying what an awful lot of us feel.....I get tired of the constant "rehashing" of points....it doesn't matter what the "topic" is UP hijacks it every time....and if someone says anything about it ....then "warnings" are brought up...and it is "explained" as to what words are "allowed" and which ones are not...(i.e...."Bull" is acceptable..."BS" is not....what a joke)....and my favorite ..."dipstick" ( a tool used for measuring oil.... :nod: )....was "outlawed" early.... :rofl: ...
.....anyway......appreciate your insightful thoughts and comments on ISU football....yours, Brad and VOTB and a few others.....thanks....[/quote]

Can't say I disagree with what Bengal Cub posted myself about the way things go in threads. And I appreciate him "warning" himself.

As far as Claws comments, Claws if you'd like to take over I'd be very happy to step aside. I'm doing what I can as well. There are kids looking at the site and I think there is an obligation to keep the language clean. And you and I both know "dipstick" in the context you want to use it in, is NOT for "measuring oil..." it's to insult another poster. Let's not be naĂŻve here.

Again you are welcome to take over and moderate at any time, just let me know and I'll leave things to you.

Seriously...

PBP

PBP said:
.....anyway......appreciate your insightful thoughts and comments on ISU football....yours, Brad and VOTB and a few others.....thanks....

Can't say I disagree with what Bengal Cub posted myself about the way things go in threads. And I appreciate him "warning" himself.

As far as Claws comments, Claws if you'd like to take over I'd be very happy to step aside. I'm doing what I can as well. There are kids looking at the site and I think there is an obligation to keep the language clean. And you and I both know "dipstick" in the context you want to use it in, is NOT for "measuring oil..." it's to insult another poster. Let's not be naĂŻve here.

Again you are welcome to take over and moderate at any time, just let me know and I'll leave things to you.

Seriously...

PBP[/quote]

PBP:
I am done viewing the insults.

up for the challenge said:
boisebengal said:
Up, you never listen to anyone when people post here, but when you consider that Kramer still has a year left on his contract, do you think we've got over $180,000 to pay him for his final year? I don't think so either. Just like anyone here I'm really frustrated about this season because I had some high hopes, and I do apologize for some of the things I've said just recently about our overall play. But we all need to be understanding about what's happened, as Kramer recently said that we've been plagued by a lot of injuries this year. And we don't have adequate depth, especially on the offensive and defensive lines, for the reserves to come in and make a difference; I think it was Skippy that said that we've only got around 55 players on scholarship, and not a full complement of 63 scholarships. It's a lot easier for 1A teams to have quality players come in and fill in for injured o-line and d-line players and do an adequate job since they do have 85 scholarships to work with.

First of all, defensive lineman Rasheed Williams was injured at the beginning of the year and he's been sorely missed, and now d-tackle Nikko Taylor won't travel to Missoula this weekend. Linebacker Mario Jenkins may not travel this weekend. Offensive linemen Skyler Phillips and Chase Collins were lost for the season the middle part of the year, and now lineman Thomas Vazorka won't make the trip to Missoula. Wide receiver Broc Malcom was academically ineligible the beginning of the year, and his backup Chris Reynolds has been injured all year. Running back Jakori Ford is doubtful for the Montana game and his backup, Ty Flanagan, is questionable this weekend as well.

Don't tell me we've got adequate depth to replace all of these players because we don't. We've got three games left and we need to do what we have to do to just make it through the season with what we've got. I think it's doubtful that we can win any of the remaining games. Kramer's a good coach and has a great track record at a couple other Big Sky schools. Even if we replaced him do you think we could find anyone better?

BoiseBengal,

Kramer is way over paid based on his record at ISU. I could win one or two games a season and I am not a coach. The answer to your last sentence is Hell Yes. There are plenty of coaches that would come here and clean house and get this program into D1 shape. Kramer had his good years but he cannot get it done here. He knows it and we know it. Where do you think we will end up in the Big Sky standings this season? You right, just like the other years and it will be the same in 2017. The number of unavailabilities are trrrible but it was not going to make a difference in the win column. There are plenty of teams with unavailabilities including Montana who we play today so we cannot use that excuse why we lose. I believe you watched the games so you did see what Portland State and NAU did to us when we were pretty healthy and they are not top contending teams. We get out coached in every game if you believe our players are D1 type of players. Kramer had a great excuse for both of those games- traveling on bus and commercial flights. He must think we play in the NFL

The problem is definitely Kramer. Most Big Sky schools are in the "middle of nowhere" and other coaches still manage to recruit successfully. I almost went to Idaho St. myself! ISU has a decent/good enough venue (better than SUU), nice uniforms and decent reputation among recruits. Your coach can't recruit and/or coach. It's not the location, nor venue... It's your coach. Get a young guy in there that's wants to CHANGE THE CULTURE of ISU FOOTBALL and WIN!

bengalcub said:
I I also don't believe that Idaho State has the right talent at QB. That or else they don't have the coaching (OC)to teach the kid how to play at this level. I think it is a combination of both. Both are not ready to put the entire product together. It feels that way on offense to. The offense typically comes out of the gate looking crisp. But as the game wears on, the offense goes in the deep freeze. That tells me that the game strategy on offense is often pretty good. However, the deterioration over the rest of the game leads me to believe that it is more about adjustments on the sidelines and on the field. Both cannot adjust quick enough and thing fast enough to be consistently productive. It also could be a head coach that interferes too much. I don't know but it doesn't feel right.

This needed to be said... of course, that doesn't fix the defense.

....PBP....i've always been taught to not discuss a problem if you are not willing to help....I did not envy bengalcub when he moderated this board....nor you now....but I believe I have certain amount of "thick skin" and common sense......I will contact you on your offer......

I agree clawsout! I will say that everyone has an opinion and everyone certainly has a right to express their opinion. But opinions are like rear ends -- everyone has one. And when all is said and done, then the only opinion that really matters is Jeff Tingey's. And I think he'll want Kramer to finish his coaching career at ISU, when you consider the many factors that's contributed to us having losing seasons over the last several years and what we've had to work with.

Black Falkin said:
boisebengal said:
Up, you never listen to anyone when people post here, but when you consider that Kramer still has a year left on his contract, do you think we've got over $180,000 to pay him for his final year? I don't think so either. Just like anyone here I'm really frustrated about this season because I had some high hopes, and I do apologize for some of the things I've said just recently about our overall play. But we all need to be understanding about what's happened, as Kramer recently said that we've been plagued by a lot of injuries this year. And we don't have adequate depth, especially on the offensive and defensive lines, for the reserves to come in and make a difference; I think it was Skippy that said that we've only got around 55 players on scholarship, and not a full complement of 63 scholarships. It's a lot easier for 1A teams to have quality players come in and fill in for injured o-line and d-line players and do an adequate job since they do have 85 scholarships to work with.

First of all, defensive lineman Rasheed Williams was injured at the beginning of the year and he's been sorely missed, and now d-tackle Nikko Taylor won't travel to Missoula this weekend. Linebacker Mario Jenkins may not travel this weekend. Offensive linemen Skyler Phillips and Chase Collins were lost for the season the middle part of the year, and now lineman Thomas Vazorka won't make the trip to Missoula. Wide receiver Broc Malcom was academically ineligible the beginning of the year, and his backup Chris Reynolds has been injured all year. Running back Jakori Ford is doubtful for the Montana game and his backup, Ty Flanagan, is questionable this weekend as well.

Don't tell me we've got adequate depth to replace all of these players because we don't. We've got three games left and we need to do what we have to do to just make it through the season with what we've got. I think it's doubtful that we can win any of the remaining games. Kramer's a good coach and has a great track record at a couple other Big Sky schools. Even if we replaced him do you think we could find anyone better?

BoiseBengal,

Kramer is way over paid based on his record at ISU. I could win one or two games a season and I am not a coach. The answer to your last sentence is Hell Yes. There are plenty of coaches that would come here and clean house and get this program into D1 shape. Kramer had his good years but he cannot get it done here. He knows it and we know it. Where do you think we will end up in the Big Sky standings this season? You right, just like the other years and it will be the same in 2017. The number of unavailabilities are trrrible but it was not going to make a difference in the win column. There are plenty of teams with unavailabilities including Montana who we play today so we cannot use that excuse why we lose. I believe you watched the games so you did see what Portland State and NAU did to us when we were pretty healthy and they are not top contending teams. We get out coached in every game if you believe our players are D1 type of players. Kramer had a great excuse for both of those games- traveling on bus and commercial flights. He must think we play in the NFL

The problem is definitely Kramer. Most Big Sky schools are in the "middle of nowhere" and other coaches still manage to recruit successfully. I almost went to Idaho St. myself! ISU has a decent/good enough venue (better than SUU), nice uniforms and decent reputation among recruits. Your coach can't recruit and/or coach. It's not the location, nor venue... It's your coach. Get a young guy in there that's wants to CHANGE THE CULTURE of ISU FOOTBALL and WIN!

Black Falkin almost came here but choose SUU for that reason. Why? He had another offer and not just one offer. Most players that come here only have one offer so they take it. It is all about recruiting and having a winning program to change the culture and taking the step forward rather than continue to go backwards.

Black Falkin said:
boisebengal said:

BoiseBengal,

Black Falkin almost came here but choose SUU for that reason. Why? He had another offer and not just one offer. Most players that come here only have one offer so they take it. It is all about recruiting and having a winning program to change the culture and taking the step forward rather than continue to go backwards.

I went to EWU not SUU. I said ISU has a better stadium than SUU. And UNC for that matter. Recruits usually base "how good their offer is" on the stadium and game day environment over the location. Trust me. You have no expertise in this field.

Black Falkin,

Sorry for the mix up of schools. I have never been a coach/recruiter. Your team, EWU recruits very good as your teams are always contending for a National Championship.

why is everyone always banging on up? this is a football blog and the man gives you his footballs takes. you don't have to agree but it is his point of view.

Latest posts

Back