• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Will Kramer stay or go?

Eric hollowell said:
why is everyone always banging on up? this is a football blog and the man gives you his footballs takes. you don't have to agree but it is his point of view.

Eric,

This is nothing new as most of the posters here stand behind Kramer. They want him to stay as long as he wants and retire when he is ready to leave the program.

I am one of those who likes Kramer. But I don't like it when he misleads the fans like last season. I know he knows what he is doing, but when he says, I knew that we would have a bad season after it's over, it makes me think it was just self fulfilling prophesy.

I want a coach that's honest with us, his supporters, and that won't give up even when they know their odds are bad. If Kramer wants to be honest and never quit, great, I say let him stay. But if not then I say let's move on. I still think he can win here, but does he?

I am an alum from ISU, I do not make a lot of money, I have sons that I want to pass on my love for the bengals, it's tough lately to spend $60 at a game.

I feel like he is in the 3rd quarter of his career at ISU. my question is is he gonna give it his all next year or phone in another season of well the bus, or that one kid, or the coffee was too cold this morning... I think we saw some grit last week, what will we see if he sticks around? Let his actions decide, or have they already decided?

Bengal_believer said:
I am one of those who likes Kramer. But I don't like it when he misleads the fans like last season. I know he knows what he is doing, but when he says, I knew that we would have a bad season after it's over, it makes me think it was just self fulfilling prophesy.

I want a coach that's honest with us, his supporters, and that won't give up even when they know their odds are bad. If Kramer wants to be honest and never quit, great, I say let him stay. But if not then I say let's move on. I still think he can win here, but does he?

I feel like he is in the 3rd quarter of his career at ISU. my question is is he gonna give it his all next year or phone in another season of well the bus, or that one kid, or the coffee was too cold this morning... I think we saw some grit last week, what will we see if he sticks around? Let his actions decide, or have they already decided?

All Idaho St. needs is a new head coach & to paint the seats in Holt Arena. Do that & I can all but guarantee ISU wins it's D2 home opener, beats teams like MSU, PSU, & UCD. Then the Bengals will begin to have a shot at the BSC title! Just like '02.

:coffee:

All Idaho St. needs is a new head coach & to paint the seats in Holt Arena. Do that & I can all but guarantee ISU wins it's D2 home opener, beats teams like MSU, PSU, & UCD. Then the Bengals will begin to have a shot at the BSC title! Just like '02.[/quote]

I believe they can't repaint the seats. I asked about that and was told the seats are so old any attempt to repaint would simply see the paint crack and flake off and get on the clothes of the fans.

PBP

I really used to like this board until Up hijacked every football thread. Honestly has made me dislike ISU football. Can we start a new board without him? Can we start talking basketball?? Both men and women could have really good years and Up doesn't talk about it.

bengalman said:
I really used to like this board until Up hijacked every football thread. Honestly has made me dislike ISU football. Can we start a new board without him? Can we start talking basketball?? Both men and women could have really good years and Up doesn't talk about it.

Give me a break... is it possible for you to talk about the topic instead of talking about your personal feelings toward me? I am not impressed.

Both of you, ENOUGH! Stop acting like children and just...talk...sports...OK?

My God.

And basketball has their own threads which have started so feel free to participate there.

PBP

PBP said:
Black Falkin said:
All Idaho St. needs is a new head coach & to paint the seats in Holt Arena. Do that & I can all but guarantee ISU wins it's D2 home opener, beats teams like MSU, PSU, & UCD. Then the Bengals will begin to have a shot at the BSC title! Just like '02.

I believe they can't repaint the seats. I asked about that and was told the seats are so old any attempt to repaint would simply see the paint crack and flake off and get on the clothes of the fans.

PBP

That sucks. So the next step would be to 'renovate' and replace the seats, good news is If ISU replaces the individual seats with benches Holt Area's capacity would jump to 18/20k. Then the Bengals would have a very intimidating venue. Take a look at what NAU & UNI have done with their indoor facilities. Hell, take a look at the Kibbie Dome, it ain't great but it's better than Holt Arena. Idaho St needs to focus on beating Idaho, SUU & NAU in the recruiting battle. Renovating Holt arena can give ISU the edge.

I have to believe this team is better than the bottom of the barrel again. Out of 13 teams it comes down to UC Davis, Sacramento State, Montana State or ISU for last place.

I have heard rumor the company ISU purchases the seats from no longer carries them in stock and ISU is currently figuring out a solution for when they can no longer replace broken seats with new. I agree they should just get rid of the current seats and replace with benches. it would be an "easy" fix and would look 100% better.

NewBengFan said:
I have heard rumor the company ISU purchases the seats from no longer carries them in stock and ISU is currently figuring out a solution for when they can no longer replace broken seats with new. I agree they should just get rid of the current seats and replace with benches. it would be an "easy" fix and would look 100% better.
I believe IKEA has this style seat. Seriously, benches would probably improve the space for someone to shimmy down the row over what currently exists.

notabengalalum said:
NewBengFan said:
I believe IKEA has this style seat. Seriously, benches would probably improve the space for someone to shimmy down the row over what currently exists.

What do the seats have to do with the topic?

What do the seats have to do with the topic?[/quote]

It really doesn't have anything to do with it but was an answer to a point brought up earlier in it.

Regarding your point I would be very surprised if Mike went anywhere based on previous comments and reasons I've made. I think that's pretty well a done deal.

PBP

PBP said:

It really doesn't have anything to do with it but was an answer to a point brought up earlier in it.

Regarding your point I would be very surprised if Mike went anywhere based on previous comments and reasons I've made. I think that's pretty well a done deal.

PBP[/quote]

Will Kramer keep his entire coaching staff after this season or will there be another shake up again? I guess some of the assistant coaches are at the end of their contract this season as normally assistant coaches have a two year contract? It will be interesting what Kramer will do after the season as every year it seems like assistant coaches come and go just like players on his team. How do you build a program like that as it has not worked other than the 2014 season during the last 6 years? Other teams like Weber State appear to be doing well when they had scholarships taken away.

up for the challenge said:
PBP said:

PBP

Will Kramer keep his entire coaching staff after this season or will there be another shake up again? I guess some of the assistant coaches are at the end of their contract this season as normally assistant coaches have a two year contract? It will be interesting what Kramer will do after the season as every year it seems like assistant coaches come and go just like players on his team.[/quote]
PNP,
Thd the answer to the question if he should stay or go depends on what type of program you want to have. And it could be based on whether or not someone can do a better job because you don't know what you do know it's a big job the current person has and it can't be based on money because you don't do things without you can or you can't afford them you do them because they're right I couldn't afford it can't send my kids to private school but I did not because I can afford it but because it was right

Eric hollowell said:
PBP said:

PBP

Will Kramer keep his entire coaching staff after this season or will there be another shake up again? I guess some of the assistant coaches are at the end of their contract this season as normally assistant coaches have a two year contract? It will be interesting what Kramer will do after the season as every year it seems like assistant coaches come and go just like players on his team.
PNP,
Thd the answer to the question if he should stay or go depends on what type of program you want to have. And it could be based on whether or not someone can do a better job because you don't know what you do know it's a big job the current person has and it can't be based on money because you don't do things without you can or you can't afford them you do them because they're right I couldn't afford it can't send my kids to private school but I did not because I can afford it but because it was right[/quote]

Eric,

Kramer fired assistant coaches here with another year on their contact and hired new assistant coaches to replace them. He has the authority Fire and Hire. Some posters are saying Kramer has another year on his contract and ISU does not have the money to hire a new coach and that he is a 4 time Big Sky coach of the year and has won championships at EWU and MSU. I say that is great but what has he done at ISU as I see the Bengals at the bottom of the barrel 5 out of the last 6 years. I understand some of the obstacles such as players injuries but to be contending for last place almost every season out of 13 teams is not an improvement in the program. I am glad the players are good students and are socially responsible off the field but they deserve better than ending their career with only a few wins. I like Kramer but he has shown he cannot win here other than the 2014 season. We were fortunate enough to have a great QB in 2014 to put up a lot of points on the scoreboard as our defense was terrible in giving up a lot of points. I seriously doubt Kramer will go anywhere until he decides to retire as it would appear that the AD is okay with the program as it is today.

Anyway, I know you are waiting for PBP to answer your question above.

Eric hollowell said:
PBP said:

PBP

Will Kramer keep his entire coaching staff after this season or will there be another shake up again? I guess some of the assistant coaches are at the end of their contract this season as normally assistant coaches have a two year contract? It will be interesting what Kramer will do after the season as every year it seems like assistant coaches come and go just like players on his team.
PNP,
Thd the answer to the question if he should stay or go depends on what type of program you want to have. And it could be based on whether or not someone can do a better job because you don't know what you do know it's a big job the current person has and it can't be based on money because you don't do things without you can or you can't afford them you do them because they're right I couldn't afford it can't send my kids to private school but I did not because I can afford it but because it was right

Eric,

Kramer fired assistant coaches here with another year on their contact and hired new assistant coaches to replace them. He has the authority Fire and Hire. Some posters are saying Kramer has another year on his contract and ISU does not have the money to hire a new coach and that he is a 4 time Big Sky coach of the year and has won championships at EWU and MSU. I say that is great but what has he done at ISU as I see the Bengals at the bottom of the barrel 5 out of the last 6 years. I understand some of the obstacles such as players injuries but to be contending for last place almost every season out of 13 teams is not an improvement in the program. I am glad the players are good students and are socially responsible off the field but they deserve better than ending their career with only a few wins. I like Kramer but he has shown he cannot win here other than the 2014 season. We were fortunate enough to have a great QB in 2014 to put up a lot of points on the scoreboard as our defense was terrible in giving up a lot of points. I seriously doubt Kramer will go anywhere until he decides to retire as it would appear that the AD is okay with the program as it is today.

Anyway, I know you are waiting for PBP to answer your question above.[/quote]

Up,

I they can keep him let him go I don't care. all im saying it not make money the reason.

I read the Journal article yesterday why the team had another losing season according to Kramer. In short, not spending enough time in the weight room, inexperience, heavy Fall semester credits, bus rides, no room and board for summer classes, and injuries are reasons for failure this season. I guess the other teams do not have these problems throughout the year.

It`s time to feed the possible Golden Goose, the stands are half empty. The money games have brought us from -1,000.000 to a + bank account. It`s time to put more money into the program, better travel, use all scholarships, give athletes and coaches all help legally possible. GO BENGALS

50 yr fan said:
It`s time to feed the possible Golden Goose, the stands are half empty. The money games have brought us from -1,000.000 to a + bank account. It`s time to put more money into the program, better travel, use all scholarships, give athletes and coaches all help legally possible. GO BENGALS

That's a point that I haven't seen brought up before and if true it is a valid one in my opinion. I wonder if the department is in the black, if so, how much and under what circumstances would they use that money.

I understand saving something for a rainy day but if you do have a big surplus, why not use it to help programs and eventually help the most important people in them...the athletes themselves?

PBP

Latest posts

Back