• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

ZAMBERLIN SHOULD:

bengalfanatic

Hopefully Jeff Tingey will read this post or someone will bring the results to him. After these last 4 years, I seriously can not think of one reason why the Athletic Department should keep this staff here. Can you? As Cub posted earlier, resigning is not an uncommon thing to do. I would'nt go out in public if I was Zamberlin right now, why would he want to stay at a place like that? From a very reliable source, the players are no longer playing for the coaches, they are playing for themselves. We thought we hit rock bottom last season, but we are now definitely at an all time low. All of the blame goes on the players. When was the last time we've heard Zamberlin say "We, as coaches, did not have them prepared for the game." ....NEVER!

here is a fun bit of hypothetical...(perhaps hypothetical)

which season is worse:

loosing all but one game (a conference win) including loosing to a DII school.

or

loosing all but one game having gone win less in conference.

Coach Zamberlin is a great coach you cant blame it all on him. He has put in a lot of effort towards this season. The finger has to be pointed at the rest of the staff, Zamberlin is just the head coach he dont call plays on offense or defense. He needs a better supporting staff with experience. The cornerback coach is Kenyon Blue and nothing against Blue but he is not ready to coach a position he never played. Lets be real Z is not the problem, keep him and have him hire the right people and recruit some offensiveline.

Who do you think hires coaches like Kenyon Blue, Mike Havens, etc.?? ZAMBERLIN... What other school would allow a coach to stay another year after going 6-39 in his 4 seasons here? No one. After this season, it will be almost impossible to get quality recruits without a new staff. If I was a kid coming out of high school, I'd commit to a strong D2 program over this place.

SportsMan said:
Coach Zamberlin is a great coach you cant blame it all on him. He has put in a lot of effort towards this season. The finger has to be pointed at the rest of the staff, Zamberlin is just the head coach he dont call plays on offense or defense. He needs a better supporting staff with experience. The cornerback coach is Kenyon Blue and nothing against Blue but he is not ready to coach a position he never played. Lets be real Z is not the problem, keep him and have him hire the right people and recruit some offensiveline.

Zamberlin picked that staff. He's has had 4 years to get the right coaches in place, it isn't happening. Whether he gets fired or not, the finger needs to be pointed at himself. I have no doubt that Z works hard and wants to win, but he's accountable for the staff he created.

SportsMan said:

this is always my favorite sort of post to read...

i would caution you to remember Zamberlin as the head coach is responsible for the staff he surrounds himself with. he's had 4 years to make the necessary changes to his staff so as to put himself in a position of success. in the four dismal years he's been here he has only actively removed a few coaches from his staff (Orthman, Hunn, Keys and Havens). in hindsight firing Orthman was a disaster. Hunn got canned cuz he got drunk and made a scene in front of some of the big wigs, Keys arguably took the fall for Amrines ineptitude (as well as his own), and Havens...well that guy was set up for failure from the get.

look, Zamberlin is getting nearly 120grand a year to be the Head coach. if his role, as you sportsman have stated, is not to call plays on Offense or Defense, or to be involved in certain positional coaching where coaching may be lacking (ie corner backs with blue) then what exactly are we paying him for? well i can tell you this: HE BETTER BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE SUPPORT HE SURROUNDS HIMSELF WITH!

(sorry for yellin) ...seriously tho, i'm sick of his excuses and i'm sick of the excuses made on his behalf.

How can the head coach not be responsible for how his team performs? You sound like Zamberlin himself; the offense is not my problem, I work with the defense. Damn talk about throwing someone under the bus. Early must feel great with Zamberlin having his back. As for Kenyon; his charges play with emotion and intensity. They may make mistakes but they are mistakes made while trying their best. I'm willing to excuse mistakes made because of intensity, but never made because of stupidity or ego as the injuries to Hill have been. How come our DL/DC cannot get it across to his charges that you don't touch the QB in practice? Two years in a role the QB has been injured because our DL believes they have to touch the QB during pass rush drills. This concept is not only stupid on the player’s part, but stupid for the coach who promotes this belief. Zamberlin has castrated the offense, made them predictable and ineffective. Prior to the decision to stick with Morris at QB for Portland you could tell what we were going to do by on who was in at QB. When Morris was in we ran the ball 80% of the time. With Hill in we passed 80% percent of the time. No wonder Hill became less effective each game; the other team knew exactly what was coming when he came in. If you doubt me, look yourself at the stats for the games they both played in. Hill was throwing as much in one quarter has Morris threw in three quarters. If I noticed this, do you think that NAU's DC may have noticed it also? See what I mean about decisions made to ensure offensive failure. Maybe I'm a little paranoid, but I cannot believe anyone could consistently to the wrong thing without doing some of it on purpose.

Tech- The DL is coached and told to touch the QB during all drills by their position coaches. Kinda stupid but once you get past the grunting and posturing by strandley thats all that is left. Dumb, meathead, stupid, foaming at the mouth, inability to understand multiple concepts strandly.

Winning is everything. Without enough wins I understand the frustrations behind the last few seasons and it has to change bc I hate watching us lose every week. Lets talk positive this week on the blog and see how they play with our support. And the finger has to skip over Z and get pointed at the athletic director who is anti-social and doesnt speak to or know any of his players on the football team. He is not involved with the team at all, not once has he been in the locker room to show his love for the team. You would think after he scheduled ASU and OU last year for money for the program that he would show his appreciation some how. Starts from the top and ends at the bottom, come on Tingey.......

bengalfanatic said:
Who do you think hires coaches like Kenyon Blue, Mike Havens, etc.?? ZAMBERLIN... What other school would allow a coach to stay another year after going 6-39 in his 4 seasons here? No one. After this season, it will be almost impossible to get quality recruits without a new staff. If I was a kid coming out of high school, I'd commit to a strong D2 program over this place.
True.

SportsMan said:
Winning is everything. Without enough wins I understand the frustrations behind the last few seasons and it has to change bc I hate watching us lose every week. Lets talk positive this week on the blog and see how they play with our support. And the finger has to skip over Z and get pointed at the athletic director who is anti-social and doesnt speak to or know any of his players on the football team. He is not involved with the team at all, not once has he been in the locker room to show his love for the team. You would think after he scheduled ASU and OU last year for money for the program that he would show his appreciation some how. Starts from the top and ends at the bottom, come on Tingey.......

When the AD is reading How to Manage a Domed Facility while traveling with the team (after one year on the job) and taking classes with the very athletes he is supposedly "managing", you know you have a winner...there are student-athletes in his classes more qualified to be running ISU's sports program than him. Nice guy...but a joke of an AD.

SPortsperson- I appreciate your attempts at damage control from the coaches control room. Who else would you like the blame to be put on? First it was the assistants, now it is the AD. The AD doesn't manage player personel or coaching personel. "lets talk positive and see if they respond." We have done that, and the coaches haven't responded. The fact is that the "negative talk" as you infer is actually supporting the players. Giving them a voice!! Are you steve amrine? Perhaps even kenyon? Maybe one of the other coaches? Perhaps the coaches should resign and see how the team responds!! Maybe that would be talking positive from the AD who doesn't support his student-athletes, yet had nothing to do with the zam sham extention?

ISUDude said:
SPortsperson- I appreciate your attempts at damage control from the coaches control room. Who else would you like the blame to be put on? First it was the assistants, now it is the AD. The AD doesn't manage player personel or coaching personel. "lets talk positive and see if they respond." We have done that, and the coaches haven't responded. The fact is that the "negative talk" as you infer is actually supporting the players. Giving them a voice!! Are you steve amrine? Perhaps even kenyon? Maybe one of the other coaches? Perhaps the coaches should resign and see how the team responds!! Maybe that would be talking positive from the AD who doesn't support his student-athletes, yet had nothing to do with the zam sham extention?
(The trickle down affect). Lets get some more qualified people to lead our athletes. Tingey doesn't even have a Masters degree how did he get the job? Inside Idaho connection. If your attempt is to support the athletes then great they need our support. Lets not only blog to support the athletes, lets increase the interaction between the players and us. Go watch practice so you can see what is really going on and you won't see Tingey bc he doesnt care.....Talk is cheap even if its positive.....

Everyone needs to put the pressure on our AD to do something and do it now. We are a joke thanks to Zamberlin. He needs to be let go immediately and promote one of the assitants to HC. Everyone should write him and let him know how we as fans and students feel about Zamberlin. I know I have and he did respond but I haven't heard anything back from since since I replied back.

psk584 said:
Everyone needs to put the pressure on our AD to do something and do it now. We are a joke thanks to Zamberlin. He needs to be let go immediately and promote one of the assitants to HC. Everyone should write him and let him know how we as fans and students feel about Zamberlin. I know I have and he did respond but I haven't heard anything back from since since I replied back.

He hasn't had time to reply because he had a ton of homework and a test to study for this week :lol:

Latest posts

Back