• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

2012 Football Verbal Commitments

Broc will be a true athlete. Extremely dangerous in the return game. We played him at QB, but has great receiver skills. Defensive Back, he will be a great corner. Extremely fast, can lock down the field.

Am I the only one here that is absolutely stoked with all the HS signees, and relatively no JUCO signees? This staff has a plan, and we are finally back to getting players that other D1 schools actually wanted as well..

I see that Broc can run a sub 50 sec 400m.. That alone tells me he has speed, fluid hips, and endurance.. I'd like to see him put on 10 lbs. in 6 months, and be ready to play this fall..

Kramer has said that he's shying away from recruiting junior college players, because usually the reason that they're there in the first place is because of academics, and he's said that as low as 10% of the JC kids out there who are good enough to play D1 ball may be eligible academically. Furthermore, an ISU administrator had told me that Kramer's really not inclined to bring in any JC kids unless they wish to contact him first, so we'll see how many we'll sign -- probably not very many at all.

Colin Prestesater, 6-6, 285, OL
Montana Gessell, 6-3, 300, OL
Matt Lewis, 6-4, 295, OL
Wesley Wingrove, 6-5, 305, OL

I'm liking this... good size on young frames.

clawsout said:
....bengalcub ..or anyone .....anything to the rumor that we might be recruiting a jordan roberts from sheridan wyoming?....running back...Wyoming's Offensive Player of the Year...might be nice to get some hard working boys from our eastern neighbor...if we can....

Signed with South Dakota and Joe Glenn. Kid can play.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/675297/jordan-roberts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Reportedly Darius Williams, KW Williams, and kameron Taylor all signed LOI's but arent listed. I am thinking they are waiting to improve their test scores. This happened last year with a few guys.

Quote from today's news release: "...we are not done," said Kramer. "We hope to sign an additional corner, one linebacker, two wide recivers, a tight end, an offensive linemen and a quarterback. All have been offered and are waiting achievement of Idaho State football academic standards."

I surely hope that these boys studying and waiting for results for their academic requirements, have some one in their corner at their high school that is making sure that all is being done and that all requirements are met. It only takes one little hiccup to make a great student athlete fall through the cracks. Good luck boys! GO BENGALS!

"He (Kramer) also said that by August, only 12 players will remain in the program that signed under coach Zamberlin."

Read more: http://www.idahostatejournal.com/sports/local/article_0624077c-4d6d-11e1-9737-0019bb2963f4.html#ixzz1lEvb6hW2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Idaho State inked 15 prep players in 2007. By our count, just four were on the roster at the start of the 2011 season."

http://www.bigskyconference.blogspot.com/2012/02/look-back-at-2007-signing-day-classes.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's a lot of news out on Idaho State recruits... including a few articles on names mentioned but not signed. Here's a big one: Greg Melendez to Stony Brook.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/solid-recruiting-class-for-stony-brook-1.3496763" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They can have Melendez.. The film doesn't lie, and he was garbage.. Hudeen will be missed, but NOT Melendez! Besides that, he was a total cancer to the new regime.

I agree with tuffgong. Don't let the door hit him on the way out. He was one of the players that was causing disaffection!

Yesterday Dave Tester of KFXD here in Boise had interviewed Coach Kramer and the Meridian players who are committed to play for the Bengals. And they're all excited about coming here and to help turn the program around. Kramer felt that Meridian RB Hayden Stout has the size and speed to be able to contribute right away and he's impressed with his blocking abilities as well. Offensive lineman Chris Abbott almost went to Montana Tech in Butte before getting an offer to play for ISU. Also, Demetrius Oliver had said that he'll retake an entrance exam in a week or so and hopefully sign to play for ISU shortly thereafter. He's listed as a wide receiver and kickoff returner, although he played DB in high school for Rocky Mountain.

Also, Eagle LT Sully Wiefels was dead-set on attending ISU and came very close to signing. But apparently BSU Coach Chris Peterson told him some information which convinced him to sign for a community college in California, and possibly play for BSU later. I do believe that because he's not an academic casualty, then he only needs to play for the school for just a year before transferring elsewhere -- and I do hope he eventually decides to play for ISU.

BSU did very well recruiting-wise once again, and even Idaho signed some pretty good kids, despite the fact that many schools were using negative tactics against Idaho by telling the kids that the WAC will soon fall apart and has no hope.

Does anyone have an idea who the 7 remaining players that coach referred to are? My guesses are:
2WR's Darius Williams and Kameron Taylor Both have signed letters need higher scores
1 LB Deon Mann Central Miami (Coach is ISU graduate and this was the hint given by Kramer )
1 OL Matt Whitcom New Hampshire (Kramer said he was a long ways from Pocatello)
2CB's Demetris Oliver and ?
TE Dont know

tuffgong said:
They can have Melendez.. The film doesn't lie, and he was garbage.. Hudeen will be missed, but NOT Melendez! Besides that, he was a total cancer to the new regime.
Explain please. I know nothing. :shock:

Latest posts

Back