• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

2024 Outlook

The problem isn’t the QB, it’s the OC. Everyone seems to be aware of it but the people in place to actually do something about it.

We know Conklin can sling it a bit. We know Bennett can run the ball (when healthy). We also know what this offense looked like (for years) when Troy Taylor was orchestrating it and employing a 2 QB system.

What’s changed is who is running the offense. And it hasn’t been the same since.
The loss of Cameron Skattebo might have had a little to do with it.

Last edited:
The loss of Cameron Skattebo might have had a little to do with it.
If that was the case then last season wouldn't have been a success.

Our top offensive player is out with injury and now we are rolling with a redshirt freshman. Play calling/offensive philosophy has changed a lot more than we all anticipated. I would like to think a lot of that change is related to personnel issues (mainly injuries), but we saw the offensive philosophy start changing last season. The issue is getting players in positions/situation where they can success and the play calling hasn't helped in that regard.

In hind sight, I should have done a "healthy KB" and "non-healthy KB" outlook. A .500 record with a redshirt freshman QB is the more realistic outcome at this point.

And he’s been assigned KB’s #1.
Feels like more to the story about KB. Feels like he’s trying to redshirt this season?
Bet they wish they had made Carson Camp feel more appreciated. Bringing this new guy? I thought we had an awesome QB that was top rated Juco QB. What happened w him not getting a chance?

Feels like more to the story about KB. Feels like he’s trying to redshirt this season?
Bet they wish they had made Carson Camp feel more appreciated. Bringing this new guy? I thought we had an awesome QB that was top rated Juco QB. What happened w him not getting a chance?
I don’t believe KB has any time left.

2018 Boise - DNP
2019 Nevada - DNP
2020 Covid Year
2021 SAC
2022 SAC
2023 SAC
2024 SAC

If that was the case then last season wouldn't have been a success.

Our top offensive player is out with injury and now we are rolling with a redshirt freshman. Play calling/offensive philosophy has changed a lot more than we all anticipated. I would like to think a lot of that change is related to personnel issues (mainly injuries), but we saw the offensive philosophy start changing last season. The issue is getting players in positions/situation where they can success and the play calling hasn't helped in that regard.

In hind sight, I should have done a "healthy KB" and "non-healthy KB" outlook. A .500 record with a redshirt freshman QB is the more realistic outcome at this point.
With all due respect, we went from 12-1 in '22 with Cam to 8-5 (4-4 in BSC) without Cam last year to where we are today....I'd say that is a pretty steep drop off.....JMO (and Cam is #6 FBS in rushing)

With all due respect, we went from 12-1 in '22 with Cam to 8-5 (4-4 in BSC) without Cam last year to where we are today....I'd say that is a pretty steep drop off.....JMO (and Cam is #6 FBS in rushing)
The undefeated regular season was something special. Expecting to go undefeated every year is ejizz level of retard. That '22 season had the most prolific offense in Hornet history. Considering what left that roster due to graduation and portal, the coaching staff changes and the injuries the Hornets battled through in the '23 season...yeah, definitely a success.

Pinning the difference in record all one one player leaving is a terrible take. Fulch was a damn good running back, and IMO, better at catching balls out of the backfield and doing damage in open space than Cam. Yes their styles were different and Cam was a better power runner, but it was not a massive drop off in talent from Cam to Fulch.

No one player, specifically a non-QB, is that impactful.

Now losing the HC that built it all is. Especially when that HC was also the OC.

You're simply identifying the wrong person.

I didn’t see the entire game. Imagine fancy dinner in Washington DC w cell phone hidden in napkin.
I didn’t see enough to be strong in my comments of the game.
Started off solid first half even though we didn’t separate ourselves. Seems like our defense (yes we lost ( Broussard & lynch) but next men need to step up couldn’t stop that offense I’ve line from running.

Saw my first fake punt from our ST player that did a great job trying to bring the momentum back to us. About time S/T make big play.

Have we had any Punt returns / kickoffs for TD yet?

Carson still dropping dimes mostly, but I saw few plays that under pressure would rather see him moving forward in pocket than retreating backwards throwing off back foot (still great velocity) but not as crisp if he were stepping into it.

I saw he had a INT but not sure if that was bad pass? WR tipped into an INT?

I’m starting to feel our coaching staff feeling too comfortable? Seeing FUCD keep Winning pisses me off! While it feels like we are not coaching / recruiting / play calling with urgency?

I’d appreciate hearing more feedback from you guys. I saw bits and pieces but overall it’s still another F’ing LOSS. 🙁🤢🤮

Worst time trying to be FBS having the program fall on its face. Total Bummer

Speaking of coaches. The team from Incarnate Word in 2022 playoffs that beat us in the last game w TT had some good coaches
The OC was dialing up some good stuff on us that day in epic shootout!
Not sure who or where that coach is these days but the performance he put out that day was solid!
Maybe we should call him up see if he’s available for next season? Toss him some $$.
Do you guys have any OC’s in your minds that stand out? ECK would be awesome but I’m sure he’s locked up w solid contract.

Speaking of coaches. The team from Incarnate Word in 2022 playoffs that beat us in the last game w TT had some good coaches
Not sure who or where that coach is these days but the performance he put out that day was solid!
Maybe we should call him up see if he’s available for next season? Toss him some $$.
Do you guys have any OC’s in your minds that stand out? ECK would be awesome but I’m sure he’s locked up w solid contract.
The head coach was GJ Kinne, who is the head coach at Texas State.

The OC was Mack Leftwich. Who is now the OC at, you guessed it, Texas State.

You’re a fucking moron

IW HC went to Texas State who was also elbowing for a MW or PacX invitation.
IW HC who took over for Kinne has continued to kick ass, that was a good plug and play scenario.

Tarleton is a program where the Hornets need to be. Trying to move up and dominating FCS.

Hornets will finish 3-9 in 2024. And they will blame it on the freshman QB.

You’re a fucking moron
Good thing you’re an online azz hole. If you speak like this to people in person I’m guessing you’re getting attitude adjustments quite often.

Thanks for doing the research., they were a well coached team.

You’re a fucking moron
Good thing you’re an online azz hole. If you speak like this to people in person I’m guessing you’re getting attitude adjustments quite often.

Thanks for doing the research., they were a well coached team

Thanks for doing the research., they were a well coached team
I didn’t have to do the research. Kinne is a pretty well known coach. Your assertion that he must be a nobody if he coached at Incarnate Word is comical.

Also. If that was a threat. Bring it on.

Latest posts

Back