• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Anymore Football Recruits Sign? More Idaho?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really believe that John Zamberlin is going after every single Idaho player that he and his staff believes has the talent to play Division I football.

I think the camps that Idaho State is putting on and with Nickademous Whitworth working the state of Idaho with the vigor and tenacity that he does--Idaho recruiting will continue to get better. Nick is a small town boy with the heart of a lion and the mouth of a trucker. He is looking for the diamonds in the rough and the Idaho kids that most people are taking a pass on. But he also won't bring a kid from Idaho in that he does not believe can contribute to the program.

From what I understand from my visits to the state all star game when it was here in the Boise Area, Idaho State is more visible and they are hitting the HS ranks better than they have in a long, long time. And just because kids don't sign with Idaho State, it certainly does not mean that Idaho State did not want to get them.

Please forgive me for my run on sentences. I think faster than I can write.

Cub...No disrespect to Nick but I believe he was the only coach from the previous coaching staff kept on with Coach Z because he was also recruiting coordinator with Lewis...As I have said...IT HASN'T CHANGED.

GOBIGORANGE said:
Cub...No disrespect to Nick but I believe he was the only coach from the previous coaching staff kept on with Coach Z because he was also recruiting coordinator with Lewis...As I have said...IT HASN'T CHANGED.

Big O:

Umm, you kinda, sorta, are disrespecting Coach Whit.

While I admire your passion/fervor/obsession/demand for more Idaho kids in ISU's athletics programs (again, you can't just focus on football), I would be interested to see/hear/read what suggestions/ideas you have to offer to the coaching staff/recruiting coordinators to improve in an area you believe they are deficient.

From Holt Arena on the freshly painted indoor track, this is John Clayton, BengalDen.com :D

I am by no means disrespcting Nick....I am just stating it is not any better than when Lewis was here....I am not the one getting paid to recruit....Are they actually talking to as many Idaho kids as possible...I doubt it....As I said start early in the players high school years and let them know ISU is interested....I know there are NCAA regulations which I am not familiar with but don't wait until a kid is a senior to start looking at them. I am not just focusing on football...See my previous post re: Kelvin Krosch playing two sports...I have said that kid can play Div 1 Basketball(recruited heavily by Weber to play BB but remained loyal to Idaho and choose ISU football) and I was told he wanted to play two sports so I was hoping he would receive a chance...Darryl Simmons who also could play BB left ISU football to play basketball out of state.

And folks wonder why I post here sometimes....GOBIGORANGE, your passion is to be commended, but I'm telling you, that football staff hits Idaho harder than any other. Instead of whining about it here, where basically everyone has stated the obvious (and I put the cold hard facts on the BengalBlog), call the football office...request an appointment with Nick or John, and ask them their philosophy on recruiting Idaho. I'm sure they will tell you everything you want to know, and this isn't a call out or anything, but why wouldn't you call them and ask? You can get an answer with one appointment, or you can tell everyone else they are wrong? My final $0.02 on a topic that I hear about every year and I'm quite frankly tired of....as are most of our fans...

ISUSID

Frank...Why do you hear about it every year? It's a problem with alot of fans! Why would I set up an appointment with the coaches when Blackfoot said he got in trouble with Coach Z last year. Does Coach Z get out in Idaho and meet with high school prospects or just his assistants? It's not disrespectful (I'm a Coach Z fan) just a question. And FRANKly I think this is the perfect place to whine about it....

Big Orange-

That's the problem...you're WHINING ABOUT IT! Just stop right now and save some grace fool. LL was right, those Idaho kids don't wanna be here, forget 'em. They are useless to us.

John said in his press conference that the first thing they did before they left the state was to have all the coaches go out in the state of Idaho. Z included. Please, please, please, read my blog post....

ISUSID

You know what Superfan I have lost alot of respect for you....Who are you to speak for athletes in this state...I am sure there are numerous athletes that would LOVE to PLAY ISU ATHLETICS IF GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY! So it's your opinion Idaho players are useless and you proclaim to be IDAHO STATE UNIVERSITY'S SUPERFAN!!! I DON'T THINK SO!!!
Frank, I did read your post...Thank you for the information but it still did not calm me down.

P.S. If you are tired of listening to me don't read the posts because I am not going to quit HOPING more IDAHO kids will at least be given a chance!!!!!

gobigornage has now entered the realm of a hypervenilating troll

you want all sorts of attention to be paid to idaho recruits but you can't be bothhered to go talk to the actual people involved because.....? oh yeah, someone else tried something similar any you can't do it now.. because........?

I don't need to waste my time talking to the people involved because Frank and others are telling me they are doing everthing they possibly can to get more Idaho players so what else are they going to tell me?

GOBIGORANGE said:
I don't need to waste my time talking to the people involved because Frank and others are telling me they are doing everthing they possibly can to get more Idaho players so what else are they going to tell me?

How old are you? :lol:

How old are you? Last I looked this site had almost 800 hits....I think this is a much better way to get my feelings out there than meet behind closed doors with the coaches! Sorry if you don't like my opinion...it's just MY OPINION!

I just got off the phone with a buddy and he said he heard today that Adam Chadwick left to go back home to Couer d'Alene becase he wasn't on scholarship and was tired of being used and abused for two years. As I asked previously how many of our Idaho players are even on full scholarships? Frank, isn't this public knowledge?

One of the favorite ISU players I met last fall was Jason Wright, a walk-on from southern California who paid his own way, worked hard in practice and got some playing time on special teams and in nickle and dime packages. He is from the San Diego area, never got a dime in scholarship money, but worked hard on both the football field and in the classroom. Was he "used and abused?" I don't think he'd see it that way.

I don't know a thing about Adam Chadwick's circumstances, but I know there are a lot of players on the ISU football team who are on less than full scholarship -- both from Idaho and outside the state. The kids that come from out of state, like Wright, have to pay much higher tuitions.

Getting a football scholarship, full or partial, is not an entitlement -- kids have to earn them, and they are renewable every year. If a kid comes as a full scholarship player and isn't keeping up his end of the bargain, either on the field or in the classroom, he can lose that scholarship. By the same token, a kid who walks on can work hard and impress the coaches enough to get some scholarship aid -- maybe even a full scholarship, if they perform well enough.

GoBigOrange, you seem to imply that Chadwick had some right to a scholarship simply because he came here and was on the team for two years. I'd respectively have to disagree with you.

Spartan, I lol'd

Big Orange-

You say you've lost respect for me? All I have to do is laugh. I could care less for such concepts. ISU at this point needs the best, regardless of where they come from. Recruit the kids who are interested and those who can help the program. We don't have time or energy for following in-state kids who aren't gonna give us the time of day. In this case, plenty of those kids are kinda eager to get out of Idaho because there's nothing here (trust me, I've heard this a million times).

Ben LaPorta is a fine example of an Idaho kid who wanted to come out and play. He came out, tried out and walked on the football team and I see him contributing to the team (I love his running style :D ). I envision him getting a scholly too. A guy with his work ethic is bound to nab one

Another thing-Would I like more Idaho kids? Sure-provided they can play. I don't want to recruit a bunch of in-state kids just to satisfy the locals and end up going 0-11 with an average losing margin of 40 points or more.

Some more things-I am NOT speaking for anybody but my own opinion.

Final thought:

Bengalcub hit it on the head when he mentioned the 5 powers in the region. ISU-A D-1AA school, is trying to compete with Utah, BYU, BSU, Weber State, USU and Idaho for athletes. In other words...

WE'RE NOT FREAKING NEBRASKA!!! We cannot build our program on a bunch of in-state kids like the Cornhuskers because we are not the only show in town. Indeed, compared to the Big 5, we're a commercial break in between them. Miami has a bunch of South Florida kids because the talent base there is phenomenal. Ohio, Texas, and California are the hottest recruiting beds. Those teams there never have to go far for the best talent. Idaho doesn't have the talent base that California, Washington and Oregon have.

Idaho State has to recruit the best we can. If that means pissing off some of the locals like you and passing over Idaho kids-so be it.

LaPorta is a very good example -- nobody offered him a scholarship, ISU urged him to walk on, he did and earned a spot on the team. I don't know for a fact, but I'd suspect he also earned some scholarship aid.

I got to say a few things... I didn't agree with gobigorange when he went off on Mormons and the FB/cited by police thread. I didn't agree with him or his views. That is okay. It is his opinion and he has every right to it. I don't think he is out of line on this thread. We all can agree to disagree. Some of you are just looking for the right moment to pounce on someones opinions. Keep them flowing. Look how many reads this has had on it already. Must be of some concern to people? Then others say go meet with the coaches. Tell them how you feel? Some have tried. Others including myself have suggested in having an open forum meeting with the coaches/community. If people don't want to meet with the coaches so be it. They are expressing their views on a message board and if the coaches read this stuff then they better get some thick skin if they don't already. (public scrutiny) get use to it.

Then, gobigorange made me raise another eye brow about how Coach W was the recruitter over Idaho? He was with the old crew. Me personally, I would have liked an ALL totally new crew. I believe old habits could get mixed with new ones. My opinion

Cub brought up a great point that i forgot about. The camps that we started last year? Great tool for ISU to recruit. To beat Boise out of camps, that is good stuff.

Then Skippy put something about Montana...There is something to learn from them. They got it figured out. This is really hard to say and i feel dirty just typing it but, learn from those that succeed. Change it up folks. The mind set. If it ain't working, do something different. From our record in the past few years what in the hell do we got to lose?

I am probably done with this topic and if ia am not then i will post my views-opinions and other things i feel like i want to say.....................GO BENGALS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back