• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Athletic Facilities

BSCfan said:
HornetFootballFan said:
Good News… I’ve heard the Football Stadium is going to happen. The budget looks like it will be a 25K seat capacity.
I will be happy with a modern 20K but knowing that if we did go FBS in near future that the 25K might feel inadequate?
Hoping they can squeeze 30K capacity and just keep portable bathrooms so that we spend ALL of the money on seating, lighting, audio, press box, premium seats, and food court!
I’m kidding about the bathrooms because I remember few of you guys are upset about the bathrooms. 😂 But I do hope we can squeeze 30K seats. Hope the SAC Republic will kick in some money to help? Schedule some concerts to pay for any extra expenses to improve fine details.

And as of now, there's no longer an attendance requirement to move up to FBS. However the transition application fee has jumped from $5000 to FIVE MILLION!

https://twitter.com/SamHerderFCS/status/1709626452302307420?t=7fNsShGK949PVBK0D0-ckQ&s=19

$5M is a lot but not insurmountable, especially for a University like ours. These new requirements seem to let the MAC off the hook (average attendance wasn't being enforced anyways) with the bigger hurdle being the 210 student athletes and $6M per year in student aid. As of 2022, we're currently at 452 student athletes and $5.45M in student aid. With the added scholarships for FBS and matching Title IX we'd hit the $6M requirement with ease.

What this means for us is that nothing really changes. Nelsen/Orr positioned us well over these past few years to be atop the list of candidates if the MW gets raided. If this stadium renovation comes to fruition, we'd be a lock. These new rules hurt the Montuckies and any other small state FCS schools with FBS aspirations as most of those would need to add a number of sports to hit the 210/$6M requirement.

It’s like guessing what we are going to get for Christmas.

Whatever it is we all 100% agree it will be an improvement over what we currently have.

Let’s all hope that we get a great new facility that will make us all satisfied!

We have few more weeks until we anticipate an announcement. It’s a GREAT time in Hornet Football History!

An announcement is one thing, shovels moving dirt is another.
With each new Prez there has been a grandeur athletic facility announcement, but fizzles out.

Lets hope we have funding in place to go with this announcement. :grizo1:

Fingers crossed that the school already has a source for the funds and is not about to announce a fundraiser to get to $75mil.

Green Cookie Monster said:
An announcement is one thing, shovels moving dirt is another.
With each new Prez there has been a grandeur athletic facility announcement, but fizzles out.

Lets hope we have funding in place to go with this announcement. :grizo1:

We were thinking the same thing.

Team Revenues:

https://x.com/kyloreph/status/1711826318403285294?s=12

Hopefully the link attached properly? Wondering if our ticket prices are too low?

I didnt say put the game announcers, statisticians or coaches in the visitor side box, I said put the camera pan from that side. Whatever.

Arguing with GCM got me banned from the board for a week. Because he said something idiotic that we all agreed with and is common sense.

What are we doing here?

stingthemgood said:
I didnt say put the game announcers, statisticians or coaches in the visitor side box, I said put the camera pan from that side. Whatever.

Arguing with GCM got me banned from the board for a week. Because he said something idiotic that we all agreed with and is common sense.

What are we doing here?
Were you honestly banned for a week? You might be harsh and direct but if moderators are banning people for that, they should be ashamed of themselves.

JB94 said:
stingthemgood said:

What are we doing here?
Were you honestly banned for a week? You might be harsh and direct but if moderators are banning people for that, they should be ashamed of themselves.

He/she was banned for calling me a 'dumb fuck' and another poster a 'dumb fuck' and Super Hornet a 'Twat'.
No profanity.
If you cant get your message across without using gutter language, move along.

JB94 said:
stingthemgood said:

What are we doing here?

He/she was banned for calling me a 'dumb fuck' and another poster a 'dumb fuck' and Super Hornet a 'Twat'.
No profanity.

Are you fund raising to buy everyone sunglasses for your dumb idea?

Have a couple of Video Cameras on the East (visitor) stands would be great to have for TV.
The current press box and coaches could stay exactly where they are.
Not sure why this got elevated? No big deal to add a few video cameras.
Let’s focus how excited to be getting a new stadium! Christmas

HornetFootballFan said:
Have a couple of Video Cameras on the East (visitor) stands would be great to have for TV.
The current press box and coaches could stay exactly where they are.
Not sure why this got elevated? No big deal to add a few video cameras.
Let’s focus how excited to be getting a new stadium! Christmas

Because all cameras have to be on the same side of the field (and shouldn't be pointed toward the sun) and the broadcasters need to be on the same side as the cameras.

You are also a dumb fuck

JB94 said:
stingthemgood said:

What are we doing here?

No profanity.

There are no rules on profanity on the forum rules -- and there is no way to contact GCM and talk to them directly...

I must have missed that one. I remember Sting calling me a "dumb [bleep]," like he has several others, but I don't remember him calling me that other one (which I won't say, either).

Stingood… you’re a clown. We play 90% of games at night. Tell me how the sun is a problem? Do you have turrets syndrome? Or do you just have a winning personality to make friends and influence others?

HornetFootballFan said:
Stingood… you’re a clown. We play 90% of games at night. Tell me how the sun is a problem? Do you have turrets syndrome? Or do you just have a winning personality to make friends and influence others?

Our early season night games start when the sun is setting -- have you been to a game and walked in from tailgating close to game time?

I don't think you'd have our you would know how dumb of a statement that is.

HornetFootballFan said:
Are you kidding? Have you actually been to a game? There is clearly sun hitting the visitors side the first half of the season.

The east side of the stadium (visitors side) is clearly to scorching, sun drenched side, especially early in the season. The media side, radio, boxes, etc. need to be on the west grandstand.

However, I wish there were a 50 yard line camera on the east side tied to the broadcast to show how fully and hyped the home side is throughout the game. This is where it gets weird though for TV PBP and color because left is right and right is left when explaining things...

Relax…Been to hornet stadium 40+ times? Never counted.

Games start 6 usually… sun set 6:30-7 latest!

Games go till 8:00 approx. sun is down,

Did I ever say ALL cameras on 1 side? NO
Did I say it has to be the main camera for all video? NO

I did say it would be nice to have other angle video sometimes to show the home crowd.

Latest posts

Back