• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Athletic Facilities

No mention in the Nov. 7th Trustees meeting agenda. This is shaping up to be an announcement of intent only, with no funding backing it. Just like the two last two Presidents, get eveyone excited about nothing to make a new hire splash.

If the stadium had partial or full funding, why didn't Nelson pull the trigger? Doubt people are falling out of the trees waving money because Wood arrived, pun intended.

Kadeezy, post up some of those X images you mention.

HornetFootballFan said:
I’m hoping and praying that at the “bare minimum” that we have a beautiful HOME side of the stadium that is permanently built. Press Box, VIP chair backs, Audio, Restrooms, Food & Beer pavilion etc.

You guys make me nervous talking about looking like UNR. That would be better than what we have but it wouldn’t be what we want & deserve going another 20 yrs probably before the next major cash infusion?

Agree with all you said.

I think most or all of us agree that a UNR bandaid upgrade is better than what they currently have. The disconnect for some, however, is the low ceiling vision and approach.

HeavyistheClown said:
Kadeezy said:
https://bamastatesports.com/facilities/asu-stadium/57

That’s too nice. Sac State gotta keep it low rent. I say just keep the eyesore they have instead of making a bigger eyesore.

Exactly. Do it right or don’t do it at all is how I see it as well.

Save up the cash that would go toward this low ceiling fix and leverage it later on toward a bigger, better plan.

Kadeezy said:
I mean, a home side with some permanence and surrounding grandstands with over the track seating would be a huge improvement. I hope they don't mess this up, but I'm happy if anything at all comes to fruition... even this.

https://images.app.goo.gl/5xETuv3SxXCqq4p16

As stated before, I think most or all of us agree that it would be an improvement. But is it the best bang for the buck (so-to-speak)?

I just don’t believe they should invest that type of cash on a moderate upgrade.

Everybody has waited this long, we can all wait longer for a legit project that doesn’t involve erector set bleachers and a track around the field. In other words, a legit D1 upper FCS or FBS level facility — not a HS facility on steroids,

If this is simply an announcement of a plan (with no funding) it makes that low bar plan of leaving the track and using bleachers over that track even more laughable.

Remember how state business’ are run. If you get a budget you need to use it because if you don’t those funds could be diverted to another project and the next fiscal year you might lose those funds all together.

“If & when” the funds become available we won’t have the ability to say. I will hold onto these dollars and wait until I can get extra funds to do it correctly.

It will be whatever is approved. It is all that we will get and we will need to use it or lose it!

Let’s hope it’s enough to at minimum we can do a proper job on HOME side of the stadium being modernized and a build that everybody could be proud of.

I am okay if guest stands stay basic for now. HOME side needs to be built properly. It’s going to be the foundation / legacy for the next 20 yrs most likely unless we join a G5 FBS and we get some conference revenues. AAC / Mtn West.

State doesnt fund enhanced athletic facilities. The gym has 1,100 seats because it was built for PE classes, which is not considered intercollegiate.

So this must be funding based on structural liabilities, ie. earthquake, having stands completely full and erector support giving out, etc.
If the state is providing funds to fix this scenario, then I can see it being another half ass attempt at a football stadium like they did in 1992 just to fix the state liability.

If there is going to be student fees raised or a Tschanan level donation then it might have a chance of looking respectible like UNR.

Since Sac State doesnt financially benefit from using the track by the City for events, there must be a reason for keeping it? Our track teams for having such a world class track usually are under performing at best.

If this had legs, it would need Trustee approval to engage, since it doesnt, it is but a dream at this point.

HornetFootballFan said:
Let’s hope it’s enough to at minimum we can do a proper job on HOME side of the stadium being modernized and a build that everybody could be proud of.

I am okay if guest stands stay basic for now. HOME side needs to be built properly. It’s going to be the foundation / legacy for the next 20 yrs most likely unless we join a G5 FBS and we get some conference revenues. AAC / Mtn West.

The fact that there are "HOME" and "VISITOR" stands to even talk about is how mickey mouse all this is. It's high school-ish.

We're talking about a college program. One that has been at the top of the FCS division for a few years now.

Time to ditch the high school image and re-create a brand new image as a legit upper-tier FCS program with a goal to be FBS one day.

Legit FBS programs don't have tracks surrounding the football field or erector set bleachers covering it. Legit FBS programs don't have HOME and AWAY stands.

Neither do many of the upper-tier FCS programs.

Time to grow up. Or forever be a teen-aged program trapped in the 20th century.

HornetFootballFan said:
Dr Wood university president said during 1/2 time of todays fall gave vs Idaho state that plans for a new stadium are going to happen. 🎉🙏🏻💯

Glad to hear it. Even if we can’t agree on what it should look like, improvements for players, fans, and our community are on the way… I have a good source :)

Kadeezy said:
HornetFootballFan said:
Dr Wood university president said during 1/2 time of todays fall gave vs Idaho state that plans for a new stadium are going to happen. 🎉🙏🏻💯

Glad to hear it. Even if we can’t agree on what it should look like, improvements for players, fans, and our community are on the way… I have a good source :)

Can you speak on behalf of all of us and the greater good to not make the mistake of keeping the track!

FootballAlum84 said:
Kadeezy said:
HornetFootballFan said:

Can you speak on behalf of all of us and the greater good to not make the mistake of keeping the track!

Oh I have lol.

In addition to the stadium, Dr. Wood said this time next year we will be playing in a new facility on campus for BBall. Sounded like a redo of the gym adding a second tier of seating. Hope they can get it to 5,000.

HeavyistheClown said:
In addition to the stadium, Dr. Wood said this time next year we will be playing in a new facility on campus for BBall. Sounded like a redo of the gym adding a second tier of seating. Hope they can get it to 5,000.

You think so? My mind immediately went to the utilization of the Well. The basketball courts.

GreenArmySwarm said:
HeavyistheClown said:

You think so? My mind immediately went to the utilization of the Well. The basketball courts.

It sounded like another facility on campus repurposed. The Well was the first thing I thought of.

I’ll take any improvements on the football stadium at this point.

Kadeezy said:
I mean, a home side with some permanence and surrounding grandstands with over the track seating would be a huge improvement. I hope they don't mess this up, but I'm happy if anything at all comes to fruition... even this.

https://images.app.goo.gl/5xETuv3SxXCqq4p16

I wonder how over the track seating would work. Nevada’s track is smaller than Sac State (due to the jumping pits). So it might be harder to get folks closer. Will need some very creative engineering.

I would be excited for a stadium remodel and more so for a basketball/event center upgrade. I think that is needed before the football stadium improvements. Until we see more details and actual start on a project it will hard to believe this will happen based on previous announcements and promises. I hope to be pleasantly surprised. I would be shocked to see anything that would be a long term solution/improvement in place by next season for either facility. Past, much smaller projects, have taken way longer.

I would be excited for a stadium remodel and more so for a basketball/event center upgrade. I think that is needed before the football stadium improvements. Until we see more details and actual start on a project it will hard to believe this will happen based on previous announcements and promises. I hope to be pleasantly surprised. I would be shocked to see anything that would be a long term solution/improvement in place by next season for either facility. Past, much smaller projects, have taken way longer.

I just rewatched the Dr. Wood interview. I know we’ve been burned in the past, but dude is suddenly putting his nuts on the line out of nowhere for Hornet athletics. Pretty much says we have to be proud of our school, proud of our colors, proud of our mascot. Goes on to note we are the 5th biggest school in the state, the university at the center of the world’s 6th largest economy, and we’re going to start acting like it.

Latest posts

Back