• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Athletic Facilities

HornetFootballFan said:
Relax…Been to hornet stadium 40+ times? Never counted.

Games start 6 usually… sun set 6:30-7 latest!

Games go till 8:00 approx. sun is down,

Did I ever say ALL cameras on 1 side? NO
Did I say it has to be the main camera for all video? NO

I did say it would be nice to have other angle video sometimes to show the home crowd.

They show the home crowd all of the time now!!!!!!!

HFF: Let's be careful with the references to Tourette's Syndrome. I had an aunt who had that, and dealing with her was quite a pain.

Whatever Sting's quirks in regard to those he thinks are mentally inferior (particularly me), the fact of the matter is that he DOES have football knowledge that he's willing to share, and he DOES have closer knowledge of our program than many of the rest of us do. Let's respect him for THAT, at least, if not his penchant for blasting those not on his level to Kingdom Come. Sting IS very good in terms of football knowledge....

Nevada is a dogshit stadium. Build something like davis, San Diego in the 20-25,000 range. Having 30,000 grandstand seats with a track is bush league.

HeavyistheClown said:
Nevada is a dogshit stadium.

Having 30,000 grandstand seats with a track is bush league.

Exactly how I see it and have said so in this thread.

As I also said, while pretty much anything is better than what they (we) have now — I don’t believe it to be unreasonable to expect any future expansion/improvements to be done right and not “half-assed”.

IMO, leaving the track in place and adding bleachers over the track is half-assing it. Nevada’s stadium, while better than what Sac State currently has, isn’t a model to marvel at or follow.

That would be spending tens of millions for a low-ceiling solution. To me, if you’re going to invest millions in the program/facilities — it should be for a high-ceiling solution. Otherwise, why bother?!

The track is a vital part of the athletic program, and being able to host high-level meets is an important part of the visibility the department has nationally.

The track isn't going away.

GET OVER IT or go find another school to root for.

stingthemgood said:

Yeah, like Texas State, Jacksonville State, JMU, Ga. Southern, Appalachian State, Kennesaw State, Liberty and all the other FCS to FBS recent programs who got rid of their track.

stingthemgood said:
The track is a vital part of the athletic program, and being able to host high-level meets is an important part of the visibility the department has nationally.

As if the track can’t be located elsewhere and still be a “vital” part of the athletic program. Just like it is at every notable program across america that has separate facilities.

You constantly belittle others for “dumb” posts, well, this is your dumbest yet. Well done.

Lastly, fans of this program and that frequent this board aren’t going to get over it. Just like you never get over belittling SH and everyone else on this forum.

It what it is. So stop being a hypocrite. If you don’t like other fans voicing their opinions like you clearly voice your own — then heed your own advice and find another school to root for and get over it.

Lastly, circling back to potential facility upgrades, keeping the track at the stadium site instead of relocating it is low rent garbage. A Nevada type stadium is just what SAC currently has only on a larger scale. Sorry to hear you can’t recognize mickey mouse BS when you see it.

That type of lack of vision and foresight is precisely why the Hornets programs — namely football and basketball — have the facilities they have in the year 2023 and why they’ve forever been stuck in neutral. And why they’ll never reach their potential.

HeavyistheClown said:
Yeah, like Texas State, Jacksonville State, JMU, Ga. Southern, Appalachian State, Kennesaw State, Liberty and all the other FCS to FBS recent programs who got rid of their track.

Yeah, he made a ridiculously terrible argument there. If you can even call it that.

Awful take and very easy to dismantle.

99.9% of every worthwhile school/program in the FBS has the track separated from the football facility. Many of the top FCS schools have done the same.

Hell, there are numerous high schools in this area that have a nicer football stadium, with track and football stadium separated, than Sac State.

Talk about setting a low bar….

BuckeyeHornetFan said:
stingthemgood said:

As if the track can’t be located elsewhere and still be a “vital” part of the athletic program. Just like it is at every notable program across america that has separate facilities.

You constantly belittle others for “dumb” posts, well, this is your dumbest yet. Well done.

Lastly, fans of this program and that frequent this board aren’t going to get over it. Just like you never get over belittling SH and everyone else on this forum.

It what it is. So stop being a hypocrite. If you don’t like other fans voicing their opinions like you clearly voice your own — then heed your own advice and find another school to root for and get over it.

Lastly, circling back to potential facility upgrades, keeping the track at the stadium site instead of relocating it is low rent garbage. A Nevada type stadium is just what SAC currently has only on a larger scale. Sorry to hear you can’t recognize mickey mouse BS when you see it.

That type of lack of vision and foresight is precisely why the Hornets programs — namely football and basketball — have the facilities they have in the year 2023 and why they’ve forever been stuck in neutral. And why they’ll never reach their potential.

So you want to build a track facility that can host NCAA’s and potentially Olympic Trials again (which we are back in the convo for if we rebuild Hornet Stadium) and a new FB Stadium at the same time? So a 15,000 seat stadium and a 25,000 seat stadium?

You are a fucking clown. Go root for the Aggies

stingthemgood said:
BuckeyeHornetFan said:
stingthemgood said:

So you want to build a track facility that can host NCAA’s and potentially Olympic Trials again (which we are back in the convo for if we rebuild Hornet Stadium) and a new FB Stadium at the same time? So a 15,000 seat stadium and a 25,000 seat stadium?

You are a fucking clown. Go root for the Aggies

As a Duck… please excuse my having a laugh. At least try.

While I guarantee I’m the best/worst person you need to hear from on this right now, there are two rather large points to be made…

(1) Part of the original premise of this thread is based on a new MLS owner gaining traction for an expansion. Which… the national traction on this has gone dead. Not that we haven’t heard “we’ve stopped expansion” more than once from the point before Portland and Vancouver were admitted to what will be 12 more teams added when San Diego joins. Doesn’t mean current ownership can’t start on Railyards for USL right now and build something easily expanded… there are ample examples throughout the world of how to do that without inflated extra expense. I’m not sure the impetus is there now.

(BTW- the new Portland State president just chimed in on perhaps getting back into Providence Park. I think the odds of hearing any actual wheels turning on the subject are about 3 in 10, FWIW)

(2) Hayward Field gets something every year; the new facility had the professionals in mind at least as much as the Ducks and the NCAA when it was designed. Not necessarily the fans who loved the old structure, but that’s another discussion. That was the most private of Phil Knight’s investments in the school. You’re not building $270 million worth of something to take more than perhaps one NCAA championship per decade away from it, unless you have someone who is on the “price tag is no object” scale. I’m not seeing that guy lurking around your campus, and it doesn’t matter whether it’s a new facility or a current site upgrade.

My source says done deal that the track is staying in the future plans. And that the new press box will also be incorporated. How that will be accomplished, I have no idea... There will be a Broad-like permanent football-only facility on the home side with, permanent restrooms and concessions along with a revision to the seating setup.

I do not like that the track is staying, because I would love to see something list Alabama State built for $62M. I realize those are 2012 Alabama dollars, but still. Great concept, blend of permanence and ability to expand...

https://bamastatesports.com/facilities/asu-stadium/57

Kadeezy said:
My source says done deal that the track is staying in the future plans. And that the new press box will also be incorporated. How that will be accomplished, I have no idea... There will be a Broad-like permanent football-only facility on the home side with, permanent restrooms and concessions along with a revision to the seating setup.

I do not like that the track is staying, because I would love to see something list Alabama State built for $62M. I realize those are 2012 Alabama dollars, but still. Great concept, blend of permanence and ability to expand...

https://bamastatesports.com/facilities/asu-stadium/57

New cast of characters, same Mickey Mouse vision.

They finally get lucky hiring the right coach/staff to lift the football program out of the abyss and to create fan/advertiser interest yet their vision still doesn’t go beyond a facility that doesn’t top many high schools in the area.

And on top of that, we’ve got a sophomoric, potty mouthed apologist that couldn’t find a coherent sentence with two hands and a flashlight defending it all.

Good, great, grand, wonderful.

Gotta strike while the iron is hot and do it right. Doing it right includes relocating the track and 86’ing the use of any sort of erector set bleachers.

It’s just too bad this universities administration is stuck in the 20th century. This football program deserves far better.

I guess “UNR” level of success is the long term goal. Sad.

I want to see some plans soon, if the idea is to make a push for funds from alumni on "Giving Tuesday" 11/28/23... I keep seeing random fan generated pictures on Twitter that I actually like.

The football social media and hype videos have been EXCELLENT this season, I hope they're tapping into that for any reveal of improvements. I was also pleasantly surprised to see Dr. Wood in a hype video for the Homecoming game.

I’m hoping and praying that at the “bare minimum” that we have a beautiful HOME side of the stadium that is permanently built. Press Box, VIP chair backs, Audio, Restrooms, Food & Beer pavilion etc.

You guys make me nervous talking about looking like UNR. That would be better than what we have but it wouldn’t be what we want & deserve going another 20 yrs probably before the next major cash infusion?

I mean, a home side with some permanence and surrounding grandstands with over the track seating would be a huge improvement. I hope they don't mess this up, but I'm happy if anything at all comes to fruition... even this.

https://images.app.goo.gl/5xETuv3SxXCqq4p16

Latest posts

Back