• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

CHAT ISU vs SUU????

This game hurts. What a let down after half. It was a good game before the half, accept for the missed extra point. The team had no energy in that 3rd quarter, and SUU came out of half time ready to kill ISU. I would have liked to have witnessed the two locker rooms at the half.

I've said it before, when you pass the ball 99% of the time you're going to get beat, unless you're New England, and ISU is not New England. And as you saw, ISU has no offensive line. And once more our corner backs killed ISU once more.

Agree about the 3rd quarter. Two home games in a row, the 3rd has been our entire-body-achilles-heel. But against SUU? We didn't look like the same team that entered the locker room at half.

Reborn: we all hoped to have a rushing game. Once our OL starters were unavailable and out for the season Kramer went back to passing the ball. Kramer loves passing the ball anyway. You will not see too many rushing plays for the rest of the season. Sit back and watch the air show.

Reborn2010 said:
I would hate to be a running back at ISU, and I think they have some pretty good backs.

I agree. We have some very good young running backs. All of them were star running backs in high school. The story I hear every season is our OL starters are hurt and unavailable so we are forced to play inexperienced young OL so we have to pass. I personally
do not buy it as these young inexperienced OL were also very good OL in high school and most of them probably played defense as well. I believe these young inexperienced OL should run block to build their confidence and let them get mad at each other to open up holes. Let our running backs get mad at the OL if the holes are not there and let our Ol get mad at our running backs if they are not picking up positive yardage. Like I said Kramer likes the passing game. Sometimes I think it is all about Kramer wanting his QB and his receivers being above average in stats so it shows up on his resume. I love the rushing game. I watched the Cal Poly game last night. There OL are not big like most OL in the Big Sky. They are fundamentally sound at blocking and their running backs look like stars. There QB hands off to the running backs or rolls out with the option to run or pass. Awesome to watch their offense. Our offense is easy to defend because all we do is pass. You wonder what happens in the second half? It is called coaching adjustments for the opposing team to shut down our passing game. Works every time.

Up:

Not saying you are right or wrong...simply saying that it's hard to run when there is no place to run because there aren't any holes.

Cal Poly is not a good example to use, much like Sacramento State in women's basketball. The system they run is so bizarre, so off the wall, so rarely seen it's difficult to defend against and you certainly can't practice against it because your scout team has no real idea of how to run it in the first place.

It's an anomaly. It took their head coach Tim Walsh, if I remember right, years to develop it and refine it. It's very successful but hard to emulate.

PBP

PBP:

I am not saying we should become a Cal Poly type of offense. All I am saying is that Cal Poly has a great rushing game and a descent passing game. It is hard for opposing defenses to make adjustments with Cal Poly. To me watching the ISU games defenses adjust to our passing game during the game and that is where we stumble in the second half because we do not try to establish a rushing game in the first half. We have done the same thing for the last five years.

up for the challenge said:
PBP:

I am not saying we should become a Cal Poly type of offense. All I am saying is that Cal Poly has a great rushing game and a descent passing game. It is hard for opposing defenses to make adjustments with Cal Poly. To me watching the ISU games defenses adjust to our passing game during the game and that is where we stumble in the second half because we do not try to establish a rushing game in the first half. We have done the same thing for the last five years.

I would like to know why you all think that Kramer does not seem to have a running game? It appears to me that we have no offensive line. I believe that Kramer needs to really focus on linemen in recruiting for next year. And a back up QB, well and now I must add, some much better defensive backs

Reborn2010 said:
PBP:

I would like to know why you all think that Kramer does not seem to have a running game? It appears to me that we have no offensive line. I believe that Kramer needs to really focus on linemen in recruiting for next year. And a back up QB, well and now I must add, some much better defensive backs

Reborn:

I do think we could have a running game. We have some good running backs. Our OL is young but that does not mean they cannot run block. Kramer has decided it is best to pass the ball.

When Kramer was first hired he said that he'd prefer to throw, since we're playing in a dome and with no wind you're able to run up the numbers in that kind of environment. And he said that the fans prefer it. But now I'm not sure whether Kramer's letting Troxel call the plays or if he's just doing it himself. After six years of having him at the helm I'm not particularly happy where we're at right now. I definitely think that our major problems are on the offensive and defensive lines. When we play Montana, EWU and Weber, look for their o-line to blow our d-line right off the ball once again.

boisebengal said:
When Kramer was first hired he said that he'd prefer to throw, since we're playing in a dome and with no wind you're able to run up the numbers in that kind of environment. And he said that the fans prefer it. But now I'm not sure whether Kramer's letting Troxel call the plays or if he's just doing it himself. After six years of having him at the helm I'm not particularly happy where we're at right now. I definitely think that our major problems are on the offensive and defensive lines. When we play Montana, EWU and Weber, look for their o-line to blow our d-line right off the ball once again.

You would think our OL and DL would be experienced players with plenty of experienced depth after 5 years of recruiting? Every season the talk is our OL and DL are unavailable and we lose because of inexperience on the Ol and DL. Maybe get some At Need OL and DL from this bad word - JUCO's rather than getting freshmen that may redshirt.

up for the challenge You would think our OL and DL would be experienced players with plenty of experienced depth after 5 years of recruiting? Every season the talk is our OL and DL are unavailable and we lose because of inexperience on the Ol and DL.[/quote said:
Injuries happen that's part of the game and ISU unfortunately have had a number of serious injuries the past few years to players on both sides of the line of scrimmage (to say nothing of the injuries to Taison and Mario last year.)

It's going to make a major impact at this level especially considering the number of scholarships available at the FCS level.

The next question you'll probably be asking is, "then what is the answer?"

I have no idea.

PBP

I suggest step downs and JUCO's this recruiting season as a priority to fill the issues right away but I doubt that will happen. If Kramer blames this season on the OL and DL unavailabilities or inexperience than that is his own fault as he did not recruit or sign players to build up these positions over the last 5 years. He has had full scholarship allotment of 63 scholarship players since November 2012. It is all about recruiting and filling the needs to strengthen positions right away. If you do not recruit the areas of need than expect the same results season after season which seems to be the situation here as we continue to have one or two game winning seasons. That is my suggestion... Tell me your suggestion PBP how to improve this team besides having injuries effect this team year after year which effects our outcome. We hear that from Kramer throughout the season and at the final media conference. We want to know how he is going to try and fix the issues? We do not want to hear excuses season after season why we continue to lose. Heck, I am not a coach but I could step in and win one or two games a season. I would probably fire myself after the first season as I could not go through another season like that.

Up:

I'm not a coach either. I have no real ideas on how to change things, as I have said.

PBP

Up:

For whatever this may be worth to you, Mike was asked at the press conference today about the season and why it has gone south. He listed three things (and I don't remember if they were in this order or even if the order meant anything in terms of importance)

Injuries on both sides of the ball which based on what he said today are now reaching epidemic proportions.
A difficult schedule which gave ISU no favors plus two Pac-12 teams, one of whom he said, is in the Top 25.
Travel, having to play back to back two Pac-12 teams then have to bus to Portland then fly commercial for NAU.

Maybe this will answer your question.

PBP

Injuries, two PAC 12 games, tough traveling, and tough schedule equals a losing season. Is that what Kramer is saying? What about Kramer saying to the media "we do not have the overall talent on the team to win games so I need to bring in some At Need players (JUCO's and Drop Downs) to replace seniors and to replace young inexperienced players currently starting so I have competition in
Practice and I have a chance at having a winning season next year as I am tired of losing every season". What is Kramer going to do next season to have a winning season should be the question rather than why this season went south. We already know this season is over.

Injuries, two PAC 12 games, tough traveling, and tough schedule equals a losing season. Is that what Kramer is saying? What about Kramer saying to the media "we do not have the overall talent on the team to win games so I need to bring in some At Need players (JUCO's and Drop Downs) to replace seniors and to replace young inexperienced players currently starting so I have competition in
Practice and I have a chance at having a winning season next year as I am tired of losing every season". What is Kramer going to do next season to have a winning season should be the question rather than why this season went south. We already know this season is over.

Up,
Injures are a part of football and you can't always prepare or adjust to them during the season with any team on any level. so that is real.
the part I don't understand is the schedule part because he knew at least a year ago and should have been ready for that. ISU set up the pac 12 games and the big Sky set up the league games. they got on one home two road and two home. last year was set up prefect they got PSU ESU Mon and Mon St at home.

Eric hollowell said:

Up,
Injures are a part of football and you can't always prepare or adjust to them during the season with any team on any level. so that is real.
the part I don't understand is the schedule part because he knew at least a year ago and should have been ready for that. ISU set up the pac 12 games and the big Sky set up the league games. they got on one home two road and two home. last year was set up prefect they got PSU ESU Mon and Mon St at home.

Eric,

I agree that a coach cannot prevent injuries from happening but it seems odd to me that when a starter is unavailable Kramer uses that excuse that we cannot compete or win games. Every team has their share of injuries each season including top contending teams. To me, it is a recruiting issue for not having good experienced depth at every position. He has a full allotment of 63 full scholarships since November 2012 so what is the problem? The excuse is my starter is out and now I have to play a young inexperienced player therefore we cannot compete or not able to win games. To me, one or two winning games per season and getting blown out of games does not cut the mustard. We can do better than that!

Eric hollowell said:

Up,

Eric,

I agree that a coach cannot prevent injuries from happening but it seems odd to me that when a starter is unavailable Kramer uses that excuse that we cannot compete or win games. Every team has their share of injuries each season including top contending teams. To me, it is a recruiting issue for not having good experienced depth at every position. He has a full allotment of 63 full scholarships since November 2012 so what is the problem? The excuse is my starter is out and now I have to play a young inexperienced player therefore we cannot compete or not able to win games. To me, one or two winning games per season and getting blown out of games does not cut the mustard. We can do better than that!

Up,

its seems to be the go to excuse and as long as the fan base and the press buys it I see no reason to change. R
Jerry Rice use to say he was always in fear of losing his job so he was always on edge. if you dont have that fear you'll never have the results.

Eric hollowell said:
Eric hollowell said:

Up,

Eric,

Up,

its seems to be the go to excuse and as long as the fan base and the press buys it I see no reason to change. R
Jerry Rice use to say he was always in fear of losing his job so he was always on edge. if you dont have that fear you'll never have the results.

Eric,

How do you change the program here? The Student Body, Alumni, and Fans are sick of losing almost every game. You know the players and coaches are tired of losing.

Latest posts

Back