• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Commitments and Verbals.

The Pacific Athletic Alliance is reporting that Travis Namohala, Kamehameha HS, Hawaii (OL, 6'3" 282) has commited. Its been reported he was also offered by Northern Arizona.

Read more: Pacific Athletic Alliance: Offers & Interest

Kamehameha 2011
Height: 6'3; Weight: 282
40 yd.: 5.35
LDrill: 8.93; TDrill: 5.05
Broad Jump: 7'
Vertical: 22"
Max Bench 325 lbs
Bench: 185 lbs x 25
225 x 11
Hand Span: 9"
Arm Length: 31.375"
2010 Combine #67

CUB....Eagle Jr this year to keep an eye one for next year and possible RECRUIT!

Weifles....From Eagle. Plays OL and DL. BIG KID.

His Father Chuck played with me at ISU back in the early 80's. He was on the DL of our Nat. Champ team. Great guy and was a great DT...

Anyway, put him on your map.

I went into ISU Yesterday to meet some coaches. Troxel the new coach for TE's who came from IDAHO. Kramer is out hitting the pavement still hard and they are happy so far with how things are going.

"NOT TOO FAR OFF WITH THE GROUP WE HAVE NOW TO GET SOME "W'S" STARTED" is what I was told. A lot of work to do. A attitude change in in the works. You can feel it in the whole football office and Athletic Dept.

Look for an open 4 wides type "O".

Plus, when I asked coach Trox if he wanted to go get some dinner ??? He said..."SORRY, Got Weights this eveing for some guys and STUDY HALL for two hrs...." NICE TO HEAR! they are focused on getting it going the right way!

GO BENGALS!

I like everything I hear and see with the rebuilding of the program. Players are focused on studies and weights!
Coaches supporting them in their efforts to be better in all aspects, on and off the field.

Looking forward to this season and seeing this group of coaches and athletes move the program in a positive direction.

Go Bengals!

You know guys, I have been hearing that the electricity in the football department is intense and refreshing. I have also been told that the assistant coaches are really taking active roles with the kids and trying to become mentors to the kids they coach. They are calling parents and making introductions and trying to create a family environment.

Marbs, that is great news about Weifels. I was little, but I do remember Chuck and it would great to be able to see sons of former players make there way to Idaho State if it is the right fit.

I firmly believe that ISU can develop the core of the offensive line around Idaho kids if they bring them in and give them the time to develop.

bengalcub,

I have first hand knowledge that you are spot on in terms of the players-coaches working together to bond and create a sense of being a team/family.

Once the players and coaches bond the games become personal and both sides want to go all in for each other and do their best for the program they rep.

Go Bengals!

...is it just me folks? .....or does this weekend seem like the weekend before Christmas.....AND i am getting a little anxious with excitement?...........i'm thinking "The Kramer Magic" might bring some "presents" that we would never have had "a shot at" with the past few seasons like we have had.........if you are near any of the places that ISU is hosting the "recruiting parties"...PLEASE attend ...AND bring a friend or two...........we need to support these coaches who are busting their tails to get GREAT recruits for us.................keep your paws crossed for signing day!!........

SPOKANE’S CODY SORENSEN, the hard-hitting defensive back from Ferris and the son of former WSU All-America safety Paul Sorensen, is deciding whether to forego scholarship offers at smaller schools in order to become a preferred walk-on at Washington State. He was among a handful of walk-on targets in Pullman this past weekend on official visits. He said his trip was as good as it gets. He holds offers from Idaho State, Montana Tech...(article cuts off without a paid subscription)

Demitrius Allen LB from Miami, Florida is visiting this weekend according to Rivals.com. He is being coached in HS by former Bengal, Telley Lockett. If Idaho State can land this stud FR from the south--I think he will be one of the prizes of the BSC FR class and I would expect to see him play immediately.

The fact that ISU is getting a chance at this kid and recruiting in the South should show that this staff knows how to make a recruiting difference.

This staff is doing more with less scholarships and less time than we have seen in years. This will be the best class in the last 8-10 years (BOOK IT), already. Imagine when they have their 1st full recruiting cycle.

Check him out:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Demetrius-Allen-100593

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf18dneMQUY

Finally.. A Staff that can see that we have an alum that is a HC at a big time program who we could establish a pipeline with.. Brilliant! That HS is loaded with D1 talent year after year. Lockette is in my top 5 all-time favorite Bengals, what a stud that flew to the ball, being the most dominant undersized LB.. I Have been told by my good friend Layne Coffin, HC at Valivue in Nampa, that an OL/DL by the name of Jones has committed to ISU.. He was on the All-Idaho team..

bengalcub said:
Demitrius Allen LB from Miami, Florida is visiting this weekend according to Rivals.com. He is being coached in HS by former Bengal, Telley Lockette. If Idaho State can land this stud FR from the south--I think he will be one of the prizes of the BSC FR class and I would expect to see him play immediately.

The fact that ISU is getting a chance at this kid and recruiting in the South should show that this staff knows how to make a recruiting difference.

This staff is doing more with less scholarships and less time than we have seen in years. This will be the best class in the last 8-10 years (BOOK IT), already. Imagine when they have their 1st full recruiting cycle.

Check him out:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Demetrius-Allen-100593

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf18dneMQUY
Alfredo's old school....

Tuffgong, I wonder if it's Kyle Jones, who's a 6' 4" 225 lb. d-lineman for Vallivue, who had 10 sacks and 91 tackles last year. I didn't know Layne Coffin was the coach at Vallivue.

I sure wish the staff would give Borah WR Kevin Shepard a look; he had 50 catches for 750 yards last season and has great speed. And he was 1st team all-state as well. He only has walk-on offers from EWU and BSU, he tells me. And he's a great kid and a real nice guy.

Correction:

Telly Lockett is the head coach at Miami Central. Demitrius Allen attended Miami Northwestern. Something tells me that Lockett would have something to do with him tripping.

Highland in poky has a great WR, Tyler Underwood that I wish we would bring in. good speed, hands, and runs great routes from playing in a pro set passing offense under gino mariani. Highland will have 5-8 D1 kids that will be seniors this upcoming season. Remember the names Kai Campbell & Patrick Ryan.

Another Idaho kids committed this weekend. Patrick Carter a DB from Capital HS.

That would make seven and I have a feeling a few more might be on the way. Obviously a few of these kids will be preferred walk-ons, which is to be expected given the charred remains of scholarships that Zamberlin left behind.

I don't know anything about Patrick Carter, but this past year when I witnessed the Capital - Borah football game at BSU, the Eagles had a punter by the name of Stephen Shaw that must have punted that rock about 70 yards with a roll -- which is unheard of at the high school level. Shaw has committed to play for Montana. The last time I saw anybody punt that ball 70 yards was when ISU's Wally Buono did it in the dome about 40 years ago. Buono is still the head coach for the British Columbia Lions and has led the team to four Grey Cup championships.

Capital's Corey Bell did get an offer to play for ISU and was leaning in that direction before BSU came into the picture and offered him a scholarship.

Latest posts

Back