• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Commitments and Verbals.

Signing day is fluid.

I would assume the list we are seeing from ISU is not complete. A few things can happen--they can get a surprise commitment from someone that they didn't expect and/or someone that they expected did not commit. Every single person mentioned on that thread has given a verbal or has been reported somewhere that they are committed.

Remember, Hawaii is a few hours behind us as well.

Also--there will be walk-ons and kids that will greyshirt this year and be part of next years recruiting class, too. It is a delicate balancing act.

Here is an interesting article on Over signing recruits:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700106015/Oversigning-recruits-can-get-out-of-hand.html?s_cid=Email-5

Yes Nick is the OC at Western Montana. A good move for him, I wish him the best of luck. There is the potential of up to seven more kids who have to take care of some academic issues. Most of the kids we listed are academically sound but to get a scholorship at ISU you have to have a 2.5 in your core classes not just overall. According to Kramer tonight there is a good chance there will be more to come. By the way Nancy Hayes and staff did a great job putting the presentation on. There were about 150 to 200 people present, a really good showing from the FAT boys as well.

I think that would make a few of them excellent greyshirt candidates. What confuses me is the fact that the Hawaii newspapers are indicating that these kids signed national letter of intents. So, would those commitments be binding? Because I cannot imagine that kids were signing generic letter of intents.

I have to say that my brother inlaw that met 2 of the young men at the airport that signed today is back on board with ISU. My bro inlaw is an ISU alum and was not happy with the past couple of years with the football program. I would like to state that he told me tonight (because of these 2 individuals that he met) he was back in good standing with the program.

He mentioned that these players were very postive, good mannered and showed respect to him. He was sold!

Now, you tell me that players attitude and the way they represent theirselves off the field doesn't matter!?

Where were you tonight Roar. Kramer is better than many motivational speakers I have seen. I had a good time listening to his stories and jokes as well as what he had to say about the incoming class. On paper this is a very good class, but until they hit the field we will have to dream of future success.

I really like what ISU got on the defensive side of the ball and the lines, most have good size and should develop nicely... we've been missing this. I especially like Bagley, Heimuli and Allen. It looks like ISU will be strong at the LB for a while. I'm still a bit worried about the personnel for Kramer's wide open offense. For example, who does ISU use as the feature back in a one back offense?

Right now the backs are Jamal Rover and Tavoy Moore. McSurdy and Daniels will be playing WR with the ability to switch back to RB if needed. Pleasant is going back to DB and will be playing CB this spring them back to safety.

One of the coaches mentioned ACT score issues, not serious ones with some of the kids who committed but did not sign. He did not forsee problems. I am sure this includes the Hawaii kids of at least some of them. They are excited about this class.

i also asked one of the coaches about the young men from hawaii...he said that all three had met the NCAA numbers but not ISU's.......(Kramer mentioned we are holding folks to higher standards to get through this period and not have to face it again)......but also they did not anticipate a problem and they would have them up to our requirement soon. The coach said they were low only in english ( & said that was not uncommon for players coming from Hawaii) not math nor any of the other areas. I was very impressed with the crowd and the diversity of it.....not just former players, but folks of all ages who care. You other folks that were there....what do you think ?....100, maybe 125?......PLUS i liked it when kramer said "we will remember back to this turnout and when ISU draws 1000 for a recruiting party in a few years ....the ones of us that are here tonight will say ' where were you folks when we started this trip together' ".....hop on the bandwagon folks ...we're going to like this concert!!......

I'm very excited about this years recruiting class. If I didn't live so far our family would have attended the party. That said, the level of excitement for this year and the beyond is at peak levels. This staff appears to know exactly the type of athletes they want for the program they intend to put on the field.

Rebuilding is a process and from all appearances this process is well underway and Coach Kramer is leading the charge!

Saving my coin now so the family make makes some trips to ISU for a few homes games.

Go Bengals!

DUKE BUKOSKI :thumb: Saint Louis School- (2010 Hawaii State Champions)
6'-2" / 197 lbs. Wide Receiver/ Quarterback/ Safety
2009- All State First Team as a Junior
2010- All State First Team as a Senior
Team Co-Captain/ Scholar Athlete
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wsCAzRo1K8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Senior Year- 2nd Half)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X_ncgK8fag" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Senior Year- First Half)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/AMP-Hawaiis-best-compete-in-LA-234807" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Career Stats:
92 Receptions/ 1,663 Yards/ 75.6 Yards Per Game/ 18.1 Yards Per Catch/ 20 Touchdowns

NIce get! 3.86 gpa! This guy should start immediately. Nice get indeed.

I wonder if he was named after the king of surfing...Duke Kahanamoku

Welcome Duke!

Sweet. I like the way Duke works after the catch. The fact that he didn't get a lot of offers may benefit ISU.
He comes in with a "I'll show you attitude" and makes an impact right away on the field.

Another target for Yost to throw too. Let's just hope we can give him enough time to make his reads.

Go Bengals!

Duke looks like a very solid addition. I hope that they have picked up enough depth at WR to keep Daniels at RB. I just think that Daniels would be an ideal RB for our no huddle spread offense. He ran well out of the spread at his JC.

The more talent at WR all the better as it will push each player to give their best effort on and off the field.

Do you really want your fly boy lined up behind the wall looking for holes and slots to run through? or lined up in the open field able to catch, cut, and go!

Then again coach K said it could be both, WR with the option to play RB. Moore and Daniels speed gives the offensive set several options which is exactly what you want, give the D something to think about and have to defend on every play.

I'm hoping we get to some games where Bengals are late in 4th qtr, team is running the ball and eating up clock to get a W. This is why I like Yost mobility to run and extend a play and move the chains.

Who, when, and where will all play out soon and I really am excited to gas up the motor home and come see some Bengal football.

Until then let's get the O line in the gym training their butts of because they are core to what makes the spread O work.. get after it men.

Go Bengals!

I totally agree that the O-line will be the key to the offense producing. If they can control the line of scrimmage our offense will be solid.

Latest posts

Back