• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Give me one good reason to respect ISU football!!!

Ok, hater, I'll bite. And you know, last night when I got home the same thoughts crossed my mind. I spend a large amount of money and effort every year in the hopes that my own efforts will be repaid in wins and banners from every car in town. Right now, the returns haven't been so good. That is tough. But the difference between you and a real Bengal fan is the very real reality that we are family and you are not.
The other fact is that you weren't there when times were better. You didn't see the fans you try to degrade when they were there either playing for or cheering on their Bengal brothers in better times. You have never been chased out of another stadium for a grizzly bear humping sheep poster or other similar juvenile antic. you haven't cracked open your skinny wallet and hoped there was ticket money and a little left over because the Bengals needed you there, at least in your heart. your daughters haven't screamed "we are the mighty mighty Bengals" at halftime when your team was down big. Puts a tear in the old peepers, and one day you May have that, if you are lucky.
Unfortunately, it isn't about you. It is about us, and something so much bigger. It is about heart, and family, and my alma mater- so you better think it through , because it means more to me than it does to you.
So my proposal is that you respect whoever you do or will, we dont care, but if you you just believe in something, we will welcome you and I dont think you can say that back.

luv2hateme said:
biobengal said:
Keep the faith, my friend, keep the faith. Z and crew havn't shown anything yet with W's, but you can see a change in their attitude. A LL coached team would have folded, IMO.

While you have a slight point...attitude alone will not pay the bills at this University...WINS will. If you guys continue giving a pass (for losing) you will never do well. How many times have you as a fan said..."maybe next year." This program owes you and you guys let them off the hook. Simply put, this program is draining dollars from academics. Trash it already!!!! At least us Weber State fans are starting to see "dub'yas!!!!!" :mrgreen:

Luv2hate,

I totally understand what u mean...WSU usually sucks every yr too in football, its a miracle we are 2-1 thus far...even if we played a couple high schools!

At least ISU has won something since 1968! that was the last yr we won the conference! yikes! I can't even imagine winning a national title like yall did...even if it was in 1981, thats better than 1968!!

bigbengalfan said:
luvtohateme, you are not even worth a response. Everybody needs to positive up. This team is much better than the teams from the last couple years.

So why did you respond!!! Seriously, look at what you are writing and think about it:

"Everybody needs to positive up. This team is much better than the teams from the last couple years"

How does that sound? defeated, settling, fair, weak, basic...

WHAT HAPPENDED TO DEMANDING EXCELLENCE? WHY IS IT OK FOR THE "BUNGALS" TO BE "...much better than the teams from the last couple years" AND STILL BE 0 AND 3. THAT SHOULD NOT BE ACCEPTABLE BY ANY STANDARD OR FAN!!!!

The question is...what are the "bungal" fans going to do about it?

Irwin M. Fletcher said:
Luv2hateme,

While you are floating your allegiance from one championship team to another, most of the users of this board are demonstrating commitment to a favorite institution, through good years and bad. You don't need to lecture us on the benefits of a winning program. Nor do you need to preach that the fans are failing to hold ISU athletics accountable. Your unfamiliarity with the efforts of members of this board to support and improve ISU athletics is apparent.

"...most of the users of this board are demonstrating commitment to a favorite institution,through good years and bad"

two things:
1. What good times? Name one in the past 20 years
2. You are definitely right about the bad :o

egon said:
Ok, hater, I'll bite. And you know, last night when I got home the same thoughts crossed my mind. I spend a large amount of money and effort every year in the hopes that my own efforts will be repaid in wins and banners from every car in town. Right now, the returns haven't been so good. That is tough. But the difference between you and a real Bengal fan is the very real reality that we are family and you are not.
The other fact is that you weren't there when times were better. You didn't see the fans you try to degrade when they were there either playing for or cheering on their Bengal brothers in better times. You have never been chased out of another stadium for a grizzly bear humping sheep poster or other similar juvenile antic. you haven't cracked open your skinny wallet and hoped there was ticket money and a little left over because the Bengals needed you there, at least in your heart. your daughters haven't screamed "we are the mighty mighty Bengals" at halftime when your team was down big. Puts a tear in the old peepers, and one day you May have that, if you are lucky.
Unfortunately, it isn't about you. It is about us, and something so much bigger. It is about heart, and family, and my alma mater- so you better think it through , because it means more to me than it does to you.
So my proposal is that you respect whoever you do or will, we dont care, but if you you just believe in something, we will welcome you and I dont think you can say that back.

Another great reason for respecting ISU football! I applaud your loyalty and perspective...thanks :D

I've been a fan for a very short time... and will continue for 4-5 years. i was right there yelling; "call time out!", but at the end of the game, i said, GREAT COME BACK! We need to give the guys credit for coming back the way they did...

Go bengals!

Hey luv...
You are a piece of work. Always trying to stir things up, trying to dominate a thread on fan forum by spewing trash talk focused at the team and its fans. Typical Vandal. Oh well, in defense of the team and its fans, here's my only response to you, pokygrad, luv or whatever name you are going to use next week...

Chew on this...
Tough times, yes ISU has had them. What... do you think we need to be reminded of it. Believe it or not, there's progress being made. On Thursday, the team didn't fold their tents and go home. They didn't give up. And neither will I. Better times are on the horizon. Tomorrow is a new day. And when the sun comes up, I can look myself in the mirror and say it's a good day to be a Bengal, regardless of the team record. Spew your crap all you want, you will never change that.

And you have the audacity to talk about respect? Let me tell you bubb... you won't get any here. Not from me. Now go crawl or maybe I should say slither back your rock. The sun is messing you up.

Luv, or expoky grad, or whatever your name is. We don't need you as a fan. I know your loyalties are to the U of I, and honestly, that school has got a much, much greater chance of dropping football than ISU ever would. You folks up there can't live within your means of trying to compete as a 1-A team and trying to keep up with Boise. I don't think you have any clue how much more expensive it is to compete as a 1-A team, with the additional scholarships, coaches, additional sports needed, etc. Hell, I saw the Bengals play up there, and we played pretty well, considering there's about a 20-scholarship differential between the two teams. And I guarantee there wasn't no 15,000 fans in attendance either at that game. There wasn't even 10,000 fans at the game -- so why do you sit there and blatantly lie about your attendance figures? No seriously, I fully expect Idaho U. to drop their program within the next few years, and that will be better -- recruiting-wise -- for ISU. And we'll get more money from the state as well. Because you arrogant assholes are too proud to ever go back into the Big Sky, then I'm sure you'll end up dropping your program within a very short time. As for ISU, we're a pretty good team, and we've played three very good teams in BSU, Idaho and N. Dakota, and you're too stupid to see it. I know that N. Dakota has got many athletes on their team that ISU would love to have on their team. And next week we play an excellent E. Washington team, who will probably go on to win the league title this year, and no, I don't expect us to win that game either. But we'll probably end up winning 3 or 4 games this year, and have a much better team next year, because we're still building for the future. Our AD is financially solvent this year, and no, our administration, fans, or boosters don't want to see us drop our program. You're the only stupid idiot that comes here on this board and wishes for us to drop the program, and it's not going to happen. Now seriously, why did I dumb down to your level and even respond to your stupid statements? It's won't happen again.

77MADmom said:
I've been a fan for a very short time... and will continue for 4-5 years. i was right there yelling; "call time out!", but at the end of the game, i said, GREAT COME BACK! We need to give the guys credit for coming back the way they did...

Go bengals!

Credit for what? For a "...GREAT COME BACK!" Your statement is like endorsing a car even though it quits working 150 miles outside your destination. Where is the win? If you look at most of the responses, all they say read is

* if only...
* next year...
* stay positive...
* although this was not a win...give credit

Why do "true" fans lower their standards to match a program that has not produced? Well, unless...you dont have low standards already...hmm

spazdog1 said:
Hey luv...
You are a piece of work. Always trying to stir things up, trying to dominate a thread on fan forum by spewing trash talk focused at the team and its fans. Typical Vandal. Oh well, in defense of the team and its fans, here's my only response to you, pokygrad, luv or whatever name you are going to use next week...

Chew on this...
Tough times, yes ISU has had them. What... do you think we need to be reminded of it. Believe it or not, there's progress being made. On Thursday, the team didn't fold their tents and go home. They didn't give up. And neither will I. Better times are on the horizon. Tomorrow is a new day. And when the sun comes up, I can look myself in the mirror and say it's a good day to be a Bengal, regardless of the team record. Spew your crap all you want, you will never change that.

And you have the audacity to talk about respect? Let me tell you bubb... you won't get any here. Not from me. Now go crawl or maybe I should say slither back your rock. The sun is messing you up.

Tough times, yes ISU has had them--- and obviously continues
What... do you think we need to be reminded of it. yep
Believe it or not, there's progress being made. how
On Thursday, the team didn't fold their tents and go home. they didnt have to, they were already home and got their behinds kicked
They didn't give up. classic response to a team that cant win
And neither will I. i applaud you (seriously)
Better times are on the horizon. your program has said this for over 20 years Tomorrow is a new day. see previous line
And when the sun comes up, I can look myself in the mirror and say it's a good day to be a Bengal, regardless of the team record. Spew your crap all you want, you will never change that.
i am glad you have the heart...your team obviously has not (especially over the past two decades...lmao)
And you have the audacity to talk about respect? Let me tell you bubb... you won't get any here.
dont need it, I know who I am
Not from me. Now go crawl or maybe I should say slither back your rock. The sun is messing you up.
Please tell me you copied this from a book and didnt make it up...

Seriously though, what are you the fans going to do about it?

boisebengal said:
Luv, or expoky grad, or whatever your name is. We don't need you as a fan. I know your loyalties are to the U of I, and honestly, that school has got a much, much greater chance of dropping football than ISU ever would. You folks up there can't live within your means of trying to compete as a 1-A team and trying to keep up with Boise. I don't think you have any clue how much more expensive it is to compete as a 1-A team, with the additional scholarships, coaches, additional sports needed, etc. Hell, I saw the Bengals play up there, and we played pretty well, considering there's about a 20-scholarship differential between the two teams. And I guarantee there wasn't no 15,000 fans in attendance either at that game. There wasn't even 10,000 fans at the game -- so why do you sit there and blatantly lie about your attendance figures? No seriously, I fully expect Idaho U. to drop their program within the next few years, and that will be better -- recruiting-wise -- for ISU. And we'll get more money from the state as well. Because you arrogant assholes are too proud to ever go back into the Big Sky, then I'm sure you'll end up dropping your program within a very short time. As for ISU, we're a pretty good team, and we've played three very good teams in BSU, Idaho and N. Dakota, and you're too stupid to see it. I know that N. Dakota has got many athletes on their team that ISU would love to have on their team. And next week we play an excellent E. Washington team, who will probably go on to win the league title this year, and no, I don't expect us to win that game either. But we'll probably end up winning 3 or 4 games this year, and have a much better team next year, because we're still building for the future. Our AD is financially solvent this year, and no, our administration, fans, or boosters don't want to see us drop our program. You're the only stupid idiot that comes here on this board and wishes for us to drop the program, and it's not going to happen. Now seriously, why did I dumb down to your level and even respond to your stupid statements? It's won't happen again.

"Now seriously, why did I dumb down to your level and even respond to your stupid statements?"
hmm...did a pretty good job of it...did you find yourself? :o

"...because we're still building for the future"
If ISU started their program 2 years ago you would have a good point. But we both knooooow, thaaaat aint truuuuueeee! :o

Seriously though, you guys may not like how I stated things (ok I could have been a bit more tactful). But regardless of the approach, these are legitimate questions/points.

I HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED A FAN BASE THAT HAS HAD A LOSING CULTURE CRAMMED DOWN THEIR THROATS AND THEY HAVE ACCEPTED IT WITHOUT CHALLENGE! IDAHO STATE UNIVERSITY IS NOT THE PLAYER'S TEAM, IT IS THE COMMUNITIES TEAM!!!!! THE PROGRAM IS NOT ONLY OWNED BY THE UNIVERSITY, BUT IS OWNED BY THE PEOPLE OF YOUR CITY TOO! THIS IS THE CLEAR DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE UNIVERSITY OF MONTANA AND YOU GUYS (OR THE REMAINDER OF THE BIG SKY FOR THAT MATTER). THE PEOPLE OF MISSOULA EXPECT TO WIN AND WILL NOT HESITATE TO HOLD THEIR UNIVERSITY ACCOUNTABLE IF THEY DO NOT!!! WAKE-UP, QUIT MAKING EXCUSES AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT IF YOU DONT LIKE A LOSING CULTURE. HELL, YOU GUYS HAVE SPENT MORE TIME DEFENDING THIS LOSING CULTURE TO ME THAN TAKING YOUR CASE DIRECTLY TO THE UNIVERSITY, AD, COACH, PLAYERS OR MEDIA. DEMAND EXCELLENCE DO NOT ACCEPT MEDIOCRITY, DO SOMETHING ALREADY!!! :x

just saw this thread and we are 2 different people[luv2..]but it is typical of all you bungle fans on here to think that only ONE person would have something to say about your mediocre athletic teams. still can't handle the truth I see! excuses excuses excuses......name calling......stay classy pocatello as always hahaha

expokygrad said:
just saw this thread and we are 2 different people[luv2..]but it is typical of all you bungle fans on here to think that only ONE person would have something to say about your mediocre athletic teams. still can't handle the truth I see! excuses excuses excuses......name calling......stay classy pocatello as always hahaha

LOL...i was wondering why they kept calling me "expokygrad."

I do not understand the motivation behind some of these fans. It seems some of these fans have low standards/expectations and embrace a losing culture. And when someone challenges them, they resort to name calling and childish behavior (which makes me have even less respect for them and their program). Do not blame me for the program's short-comings. I am writing what is on my mind. I mean seriously, who wants to be branded a "loser?" This is exacly why ISU lacks tradition, respect and pride. I am not trying to bash them, it is reality.

Hey, here's something that validates fan support: You can have some SERIOUS fun at games if everyone is crazy. It makes for some great memories :)

Check out this clip from Bowden Field, Florida State just last year against Miami. Then, check the comment made by jad0614 (should be the 2nd comment)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CMf2Apihd0

Fans can help the team win home games; Holt could be very difficult to win in with a packed stadium and some serious crowd noise.

Luvtohateme does raise a point. It IS hard to root for losing fooball year in and year out. It's hard to respect a team that doesn't cut it. And I wanted to scream at the defense for letting ND run all over us. I was tempted to run down to the sidelines, grab a few of them by the facemask and tell them to get their asses in gear, that they're better than that and they should play like it.

But I will ALWAYS be the first to stand for these boys and every program here at ISU, and I will NEVER turn my back on them; I will continue to support these guys with everything I have. I will continue to yell and scream and go crazy, I will always be decked out in the colors and I will always expect THE SAME from everyone else.

Taking a page from The Winner's Manual (By Jim Tressel), page 162:

"Face Adversity Promptly and without flinching, and you will reduce its impact. Never run from anything and NEVER EVER QUIT"-Sir Winston Churchill

And from page 164:

"In attacking adversity, only a positive attitude, alertness, and regrouping to basics can launch a comeback"-Pat Riley

Latest posts

Back