• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Recruiting...

votb

Saw Coach K today and he's pretty excited about recruiting...he says today was a big day! No details as I'm traveling with basketball...but I'm sure it'll come out soon enough. Shoring up some big holes...

Today was the first day that MID YEAR JC transfers (eligible for spring ball) could sign with a school. So reading between the lines (and I am not very good at this :)) ISU will have midyear JC transfers.

These are the guys that have visited and may have signed: Eric Nelson Saddleback LB Adrian Gamble Scottsdale CC DE Nick Albano Rochester LB Robb Mackaseay Rochester
DE There may have been more but those that I have seen or heard.

Interesting. JCs...the quick fix. Looks like administration may have changed its tune about building little by little from the high school ranks. Oh, I don't doubt they will continue to say that is the way to the future, but still, actions speak louder than words. Booster problems?

Wizard of Oz: "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain."

otis campbell said:
Interesting. JCs...the quick fix. Looks like administration may have changed its tune about building little by little from the high school ranks. Oh, I don't doubt they will continue to say that is the way to the future, but still, actions speak louder than words. Booster problems?

Wizard of Oz: "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain."

Ready.........Fire............Aim!

Kramer should consider going after JUCO players since our APR problems have been corrected for now. The JUCO players that qualify academically to ISU should have the same opportunity as high school players. They can always redshirt just like a high school players if needed.

He is a December grad and will be in for spring ball.

Video and other tidbits...

http://prepssoutheast.com/index.php?option=com_djcatalog2&view=item&id=6:robby-mackesey&cid=18:defensive-line&Itemid=192" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Aaron Matas ‏@AaronMatas

Ralston Valley LB Jordan Anderson picked up his 1st official offer, it's from Idaho St. Jordan's dad played there (nat'l champs in 1981)!!

If Cub memory is correct...Steve Anderson (Dad) was number 58 (I think) and played nose guard for the Bengals and he was a stud. Hope his boys signs and continues the tradition....

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/200902/jordan-anderson" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One of Washington’s Top Multi Sport athletes, Trent Riley (6-2 210 Sr. WR/S) received his first D1 offer on the football field Wednesday, and we commend the Idaho St Bengals on being the first to recognize a LEGIT D1 talent...

http://www.northwesteliteindex.com/2012/12/06/trent-riley-idaho-state/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/667831/highlights/17694379" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rochester CC website reporting that Nick Albano LB has signed with ISU
http://www.rctc.edu/athletics/html/football/transfers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Will Kramer recruit some JC players, I believe he will. You recruit JC kids for positions of need, not to fill your recruiting class. Kramer recruited six JC kids his first year, all but one on offense where we were really depleted. Four wide receiver type and two QB's, all positions we were weak at and a JC corner. All very high academic types. Boyle's was in that class as a Div. I transfer. This year our need for maturity is at Corner, DE, LB, and an OT. From Scout and Rival these are the JC kids we show on, according to the recruiting services two have or will visit in December.

CB Avery Boykin Photos Glendale (AZ) Roster a JC corner who shows an offer and visit to ISU.
OL Josh Burns Glendale, Arizona Glendale C.C. 6'5" 285
DE Robby Mackesey Rochester, Minnesota Rochester C.C. 6'3" 240
OL Damien Parris San Pablo, California Contra Costa C.C. 6'7" 295
LB Erik Nelson Mission Viejo, California Saddleback C.C. 6'2" 230
DB Dehendrick Thompson Goodman, Mississippi Holmes C.C. 5'10" 220

We have about 9 Juniors and 9 Seniors for next year making our team very young again. Logic suggested the need for some more Juniors. As I stated above, we needed certain positions. The two kids from Minnesota fill two of our needs nicely at DE and MLB. What we still need as a minimum is a JC corner. The two OL players I listed above have committed to other schools, I don't know if we are looking at anyone else. The needs I identified above are minimum needs, it would be great if we could get an additional DE/LB.

Boykin probably wont be coming to ISU. Nelson, the Saddelback LB I believe is a commit but hasnt been reported. I believe that there is 2 more high school commits that havent been made public yet one a TE and one a DE. I would suspect that the class will be small somewhere around 11-14 this year.

If the class is indeed that small, which I believe that you must have on good authority...would that mean more scholarships for current walk-ons and saving some for returning missionaries?

I agree the class will be a small one something that will impact how many JC kids we get. The three mission kids from Kramer's first recruiting class all show as coming back in 2014 according to their bios on signing day. It really depends on when they left. Six verbals, with two additional bring us to eight. I believe we have four to five more to offer. We need a WR, Corner, young DE/LB.

Nick Albano MLB 6-2/250 Rochester CC Rochester, MN JC SIGNED LOI--eligible for spring ball
James Delacenserie QB 6-3/220 Wasatch HS Heber City, UT FRESHMAN
Mario Jenkins RB 6-2/190 Columbia HS Nampa, ID FRESHMAN
Robby Mackesey DE 6-3/242 Rochester CC Rochester, MN JC SIGNED LOI--eligible for spring ball
Thomas Ryan LB 6-3/240 Highland HS Pocatello, ID FRESHMAN
Thomas Vazorka OL 6-6/285 Bellingham HS Bellingham, WA FRESHMAN

My guess would be that they sign a DB, another OL, and WR. I think they will put an empahsis on giving walk ons scollies and continue recruiting quality kids to walk on with the chance of earning scollies. Seems to be a emphasis on bigger more physical LBers.

Is it reasonable to say that walk-on players that have been with the program for a year or so are deserving of a full scholarship ? I would say "YES" if the walk-on player becomes a starter on offense, defense, or special teams. I would say "NO" if the walk-on player does not become a starter on offense, defense, or special teams. Walk-on players are different from scholarship players as walk-on players know it will be difficult for them to play in front of a scholarship player.

Latest posts

Back