• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Recruiting...

I hope ISU can sign Skyler Phillips as Oregon State dropped their offer with him. Apparently, colleges can drop their offer with a player prior to National Letter of Intent signing day which is not good news for a player that has given his verbal commitment with that particular college or in this case Oregon State. I guess on the other side, a player can de-commit his verbal commitment prior to signing day if a player has other offers during recruiting season. Skyler deserves a chance to play with a college that sincerely wants him as a student-athlete and hopefully he signs with ISU. Skyler ranks as one of the best offensive linemen in the west if not one of the best in the country based on the Nike combine. Make sure you read the article posted by SLC Bengal (previous post) which explains what happened with Skyler.

Another offer and visit from Oregon prep RB Christian Morris. Very good speed, he was second in the 100 and 200 meters in the 5A classification in Oregon as a junior.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/136643/#highlights/26250437" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.northwestprepreport.com/biggest-day-so-far-in-nw-signing-news" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It would appear that the recruiting is going well for the Bengals. I hope coach Kramer signs the recruits that he wants so he can continue building his program for the future. We have to remember that coach Kramer is only into his third year of recruiting. It may take another 2 plus years of recruiting for coach Kramer to have a winning season in the Big Sky as his team will need to develop into older experienced players.

Two offensive linemen (tackle position) from eastern Idaho gave their verbal commitments this past week. Dakota Wilson is 6' 8" and 285 lbs and Garrett Smith is 6' 7" and 295 lbs. Both recruits will go on their LDS Mission and will return for the 2015 season according to Channel 8 KIFI-TV.

verbal commitments from people who are going to be gone for nearly two years are hardly something to get excited about.... that being said youtube video suggests Dakota Wilson sucks. the other kid, Garrett Smith looks great.

Grow up Spartan. You can think anything you want but on the board keep those kind of opinions to yourself. Trust me, we all do when you post.

spartan said:
verbal commitments from people who are going to be gone for nearly two years are hardly something to get excited about.... that being said youtube video suggests Dakota Wilson sucks. the other kid, Garrett Smith looks great.

I'm not taking sides here...but I don't think anyone necessarily was "excited" about the two verbal commitments...the poster merely mentioned the story as aired by Local News 8. I see that as far from being "excited"...and merely a sharing of information...and I believe this is a perfectly normal and expected place for that to happen. It is also allowed for someone to get excited or negative about it if they wish. We all have different backgrounds and biases.
I'm also not sure of the value of saying a "verbally committed" recruit "sucks"...IMHO, I don't believe that's a good way to attract new players or fans, but it's your opinion, and we all have the right to share as long as we can keep it civil.

Latest posts

Back