• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

The PAC/MWC Dominoes Begin to Fall

Radio silence is a good thing IMO, we don't want to see Dear Leader and Orr blabbing/leaking about what they want or what is being discussed behind closed doors. I want to hear nothing from them other than a facilities plan announcement and/or a presser announcement until all the dust settles.

These splits between the Pac and MW with no eastern/Texas members is the best outcome for our FBS chances. If the Pac can't poach another MW member, then both will need FCS additions to retain FBS status. I don't see how 2 western-centric FBS conferences that need FCS members to remain viable don't have us on the final cut list. Crazy times.

Radio silence is a good thing IMO, we don't want to see Dear Leader and Orr blabbing/leaking about what they want or what is being discussed behind closed doors. I want to hear nothing from them other than a facilities plan announcement and/or a presser announcement until all the dust settles.

These splits between the Pac and MW with no eastern/Texas members is the best outcome for our FBS chances. If the Pac can't poach another MW member, then both will need FCS additions to retain FBS status. I don't see how 2 western-centric FBS conferences that need FCS members to remain viable don't have us on the final cut list. Crazy times.

Oh, I think the silence is a good sign. Means they are on the phones making deals, not online trying to get attention.

My speculation is that with all the rumors of "big news" and stadium renderings and a MW announcement is that Sac State was set for a a call up. But Utah State blew up when they wouldn't sign the GOR.

PAC 12 looks like they are going to poach UNLV and Air Force. PAC 12 probably going to lock with that, however the Mountain West will need at least 4 to go with remaining members SJS, Nevada, Wyoming and NM. Here is my guess to likely teams invited:

New Mexico State,travel partner to NM,
Idaho, travel partner to Wyoming
Sacramento State
Davis

Others that I think may get conversation, but not total fit:
Montana and Montana State
NDSU and SDSU
The 4 above combined do not have a TV market compared to Sac
Sam Houston State- near Houston TX
UTEP
Weber

Pipe dream programs
Portland state, EWU,, Cow Polly, SUU, Northern AZ, ID state, Nor Colorado

MW dissolution only happens if the Pac poaches enough of the remaining MW members, which of course would defeat the whole purpose of rebuilding the Pac. The MW is set to receive somewhere around $120M in exit fees. IMO there is too much money on the table and too many egos have been shat on for dissolution to happen.

MW dissolution only happens if the Pac poaches enough of the remaining MW members, which of course would defeat the whole purpose of rebuilding the Pac. The MW is set to receive somewhere around $120M in exit fees. IMO there is too much money on the table and too many egos have been shat on for dissolution to happen.
Yes, if these departures from the MWC occur, they will be sitting on a HUGE pile of money to build themselves back up...

I read somewhere, damn the citation, this is yellow journalism level social media/creator content posters, that the Pac is requiring all potential members to have a minimum $60M budget by 2026.

Sac is at $45M and just added $4M with student fees, so $49M. Which is above Joser State and UTSA.

That lawsuit tells me the Pac doesn't have the money for another MW poach, and any additional MW defection will have to cover the exit fee themselves. The plot thickens.

It’s almost like the MWC and PAC(insert #) should’ve just merged, why didn’t anyone suggest that? Oh wait I think everyone did… But I know that’s too easy and logical to actually make sense. What a nightmare for both conferences right now. Ultimately I feel like the PAC just continues to look silly to the rest of the country attempting to salvage their conference. With that said I’m still all for Sac being included in their foolishness!

Latest posts

Back