• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

The PAC/MWC Dominoes Begin to Fall

Another example of him going out on limb. I think this is the first acknowledgement that the school/president/etc. are actually talking to multiple conferences? And that last quote about going FBS, and winning as FBS? When what you ever heard that from Sac State in our history. This is happening.

Last edited:
PAC 12 will pause any new deals until they get some media revenue valuation data completed.
They want Memphis but I think that ship sailed once they signed that AAC K few weeks ago.

They have a projected completion time in the article.

We are in a good place. We are prepared which it appears that no other university is prepared.
It's been the TV executives that have been determining realignment. If they think they need a conference member in the Sacramento market to bolster the media deal value, a presence in the Sacramento market will be invited.

Another example of him going out on limb. I think this is the first acknowledgement that the school/president/etc. are actually talking to multiple conferences? And that last quote about going FBS, and winning as FBS? When what you ever heard that from Sac State in our history. This is happening.
I haven't seen any articles where there has been direct statement of Sac State/Dr. Wood talking with the Pac or MW, it has been all speculation/assumption until this point.

In all seriousness, how long does TT last at Stanford if they continue to have 3-9/4-8 type of seasons which is completely possible… and what’s the possibility of the pipe dream of TT returning to the Hornets in 2026 for their inaugural season in the new PAC? Can we ride out one more season with the majority of this staff?

In all seriousness, how long does TT last at Stanford if they continue to have 3-9/4-8 type of seasons which is completely possible… and what’s the possibility of the pipe dream of TT returning to the Hornets in 2026 for their inaugural season in the new PAC? Can we ride out one more season with the majority of this staff?
Depends on how badly they want him gone and how much they are willing to pay to do so. They could make a move if he doesn't stop getting embarrassed in the ACC next season...a timeline which could work out with our situation.

Interesting article on NMSU financials.
Ahead of next year’s legislative session, the Aggies, who compete in Conference USA, have presented New Mexico legislators with the idea of creating a $137 million endowment to help fund its women’s sports programs.

While the endowment’s principal would remain with the state, NMSU athletics would receive about $5 million to $6 million in the annual income it produces, according to the proposal. Alternatively, NMSU is asking for a one-time appropriation of $27.5 million, to help float its women’s athletics programs for five years.

The new reality is the school is putting athletics to the forefront.

We will have to wait and see how long Orr and Wood allow mediocrity in the sport they are hanging their hat on. I suspect not long. They'll pay the money to get the right coaches in there.

The team has made the playoffs in 4 of the last 5 years they've participated in football. You have to put that into historical perspective.

I suspect the Pac-x and MWC can put it in perspective as well if that is anyone's concern. The school is making a financial commitment and money can buy you out of a bad program up to a certain extent. Definitely enough to compete with CSU and Utah State.

The new reality is the school is putting athletics to the forefront.

We will have to wait and see how long Orr and Wood allow mediocrity in the sport they are hanging their hat on. I suspect not long. They'll pay the money to get the right coaches in there.

The team has made the playoffs in 4 of the last 5 years they've participated in football. You have to put that into historical perspective.

I suspect the Pac-x and MWC can put it in perspective as well if that is anyone's concern. The school is making a financial commitment and money can buy you out of a bad program up to a certain extent. Definitely enough to compete with CSU and Utah State.
Exactly this. Dr. Wood didn't come this far with the stadium effort and FBS push to just suddenly stop investing in football.

Hawai’i as a full member back in the MW is a bad deal for them. They weren’t very competitive in many sports last go around, and joining the Big West and having direct flights close to every opponent was a huge travel savings for them. Assuming this is a deal where they still subsidize opponent travel, this is a mindnumbingly stupid idea.

Hawai’i as a full member back in the MW is a bad deal for them. They weren’t very competitive in many sports last go around, and joining the Big West and having direct flights close to every opponent was a huge travel savings for them. Assuming this is a deal where they still subsidize opponent travel, this is a mindnumbingly stupid idea.
I've read that UH will not have to pay travel subsidies. Again, there is an ego component to all of this conference realignment. UH being associated with the current/new MW lineup is still much better than being associated with the garbage Big West.

I've read that UH will not have to pay travel subsidies. Again, there is an ego component to all of this conference realignment. UH being associated with the current/new MW lineup is still much better than being associated with the garbage Big West.
Hawaii no longer paying subsidies in Mountain West. Waiting to see if they go MPSF for the four remaining sports. Big West needs them in those sports.

MW lineup is okay, Football is rising tide that lifts all boats as they say. UNLV, AF, UNM, Hawaii, pretty good names. Wyoming, UTEP and UNR, eh. SJSU was/is holding on and seemed like it was on way to middle road Big West member. The mountain west schools leaving take a lot of cache but agree overall it’s the second best conference from Rockies over.

Posting because I'm desperate for any kind of confirmation.

Noticed that most "insiders" comments about Sac State are cryptic. If the issue was with Sac State being not ready in one way or another, the guy could just say it. All indications are that it's PAC-12 or bust for whatever reason. Fingers crossed it's for good reason.

I have no patience, it seems.

Noticed that most "insiders" comments about Sac State are cryptic. If the issue was with Sac State being not ready in one way or another, the guy could just say it. All indications are that it's PAC-12 or bust for whatever reason. Fingers crossed it's for good reason.

Campaign promises are cheap.

As easily as it materialized, is as easily as it could vaporize.

If we were longterm serious, our football team would be 5-1 or 4-2 right now. Or, 6-0 with all the 'money' that is floating around Sac in NIL and other promises. Being beaten at home by EWU and their $13M athletic budget is not acceptable.

Just wait until the conferences see our '24-25 MBB results. That will be like a fatal car crash in slow motion.

Gotta look at this as a business and so far, this is how the MWC/PacX are evaluating things.

How would 'Big10 information' remotely know what is going on with the MWC? Probably a NDSU hoser.

Last edited:

#FakeNews, paid for blue check mark. Not a serious source.

Latest posts

Back